Anet, please give us in-game HOUSING with expansion 3

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Housing would basically be like a VIP area, one that you can 100% customize. I see no harm in that. Whether I spend hours customizing an instanced guild hall that is barely used or an instanced home that is barely used makes no differnce. Let people have fun customizing if they want to. :)

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> sec that, long overdued... the books are taking up almost 3 bags

Heh, I have them stored on a character I no longer use. ;) Yes, being able to store them in a "home" would be nice.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> It's more than a little activity or side-thing like many said, it's a whole interesting and fun concept. It's its own thing. The fun of players competing to have the more beautiful asuran lab, the best house of the whole tyria or THE legion headquarters. Add very fun rewards and dailies about them and I assure players will run into it.

> -> Plus the amount of gemstore stuffs possible: Extensions! "Roof/Basement/Garden/Mine/Second floor../increasing storage.../second house?"

> -> 3 Houses per player? Ground level, Underground and in the Sky?

> -> A district melting all races and cultures?

> -> Could be better if instance of 25 houses? Making visits, seeing neighbors..... A LIVING WORLD AS THE DESCRIPTION OF THE GAME IS TELLING YOU

> -> Changing weather, day-night cycle.

>

Exactly!!! This entire post is spot on.

It could be something like depending on your Achievement Points, you can purchase a land near the Queen in Divinity's Reach for example if you're a human. And in the instance there are 24 other neighbours, and you can see in real time if they are gardening or inside their house, and you can visit each other's houses (if the other player lets you) and maybe even lets you pick their vegetables or fruits.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> It could be something like depending on your Achievement Points, you can purchase a land near the Queen in Divinity's Reach for example if you're a human. And in the instance there are 24 other neighbours, and you can see in real time if they are gardening or inside their house, and you can visit each other's houses (if the other player lets you) and maybe even lets you pick their vegetables or fruits.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this would be too complex for this game's engine, they way it is programmed. I believe a lot would have to be changed to make this possible, which could crash other sections of the game with tons of new bugs. But who knows...

I'm not against the idea of Housing per se, but I Believe they probably will not release an expansion with a feature that's useable only in a limited fashion. To detail : Mounts and glider can be used nigh everywhere. Masteries affect more than one map in most cases.

So I feel that any expansion feature would have the same scope : A feature that can be use retroactively into past maps, either in a limited or in full fashion.

I'd settle for the addition of decoration mechanics to be included into Home instances, which would give Scribe profession a lot less Guild centric.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> In my opinion, housing does not promote what seems to be the main drive of the game unlike mounts and gliders which do compliment this focus.

By that metric neither do guild halls. a Guild Hall is not really needed to further the game yet we have them.

Don't get me wrong, I see your point I just feel that if a guild Hall can be implemented so can a "house".

Further, when you consider the solo players out there that don't join guilds yet collect all the guild hall accoutrements (during the course of play), it strikes me as a waste that could be put to use as the player prefers.

But I'm just spitballing here, what happens will happen.

kampai!

> @"ShadowGryphon.6257" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > In my opinion, housing does not promote what seems to be the main drive of the game unlike mounts and gliders which do compliment this focus.

>

> By that metric neither do guild halls. a Guild Hall is not really needed to further the game yet we have them.

> Don't get me wrong, I see your point I just feel that if a guild Hall can be implemented so can a "house".

> Further, when you consider the solo players out there that don't join guilds yet collect all the guild hall accoutrements (during the course of play), it strikes me as a waste that could be put to use as the player prefers.

> But I'm just spitballing here, what happens will happen.

> kampai!

I can agree to a point. I think that the implementation of guild halls was to try and capture the "guild" part of Guild Wars 2 as well as to create a gold sink. Guild Halls in a game called Guild Wars makes some sense. Housing, IMO, does not and it may have been that guild halls were supposed to fill that niche.

• 1 year later...