PvP Amulet and Rune Additions

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @juno.1840 said:

> > Shouldn't the Celestial be "560" per stat instead of "460"?

> >

> > The current Celestial gear outiside of PvP offers the same numerical values as the "minor" stats on four-stat gear.

>

> No, the stat distribution is setup differently than other game modes and the Celestial at 460 provides the exact same Total stat Value as 4 stat gear, it used to be 560 before they removed it and it provided more total stat value than every other Amulet.

>

Agreed, now it has the same total stats as all other amulets. If it is found to be a little too weak increasing it by 50 all stats could be an option but then it would provide 3570 total stat points instead of the 3200 the 4 stat combos provide. In my opinion it wouldn’t be game breaking but I definitely don’t want to see a return of cele amulet domination.

I don’t agree with others who want expertise and concentration adding, 460 expertise and concentration would be 30% increased condition and boon duration which is insane.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lost Elegy.9276" said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > **Runes**

> > > We’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

> >

> > Why not Scourge? I understand not adding Rebirth, but whats wrong with scourge runes? 3k barrier on a 75sec cooldown is hardly OP, and sPvP has a definitive lack of condi damage + healing power amulets.

> >

> >

>

> Because the team is clearly going to be making massive changes to Scourge. It was marketed as a support spec, and yet currently the damage numbers it puts out are unacceptable in every applicable mode. From PvE to WvW or SPvP, Scourge has become MANDATORY.

May the Devs hear you. Scrouge can kill most classes in 2 ticks at this point, and they strip out resistance (good luck clearing the 8 condis they just SPAM on you).

> @Curennos.9307 said:

> Why does everything have power on it? This has been bugging me since I started pvping some time ago and just UGH. Whyyyy. I feel awful as a condi build when my skills do a decent chunk of power damage.

I know right? Why can’t I have a Toughness Vitality Healing Power Concentration Amulet. I don’t want to do damage at all. /s

> @juno.1840 said:

> Shouldn't the Celestial be "560" per stat instead of "460"?

>

> The current Celestial gear outiside of PvP offers the same numerical values as the "minor" stats on four-stat gear.

>

> The advantage of Celestial is the overall higher total stats, at the cost of no stat being very high on its own. As it stands with "460" the total stats are identical (3220 total points) to the 4-stat amulets. There's little advantage in bringing Celestial without the stat bonus.

The point is not to get a raw stat boost. Its to run builds that literally need all the stats. The raw stat boost was the problem

celestial is too weak, make it 500. i see no reason to pick it at all if it's not worth it. after release celestial had to be buffed once because the stats weren't enough, don't make the same mistake twice. i understand that you don't want an over the top celestial amulet, but it has to be worth slotting it.

I think the Celestial numbers are too low; they have the same stat total as every other amulet, which sort of voids the trade off. The whole point of the stat set was to have greater overall stats in exchange for the ability to specialize in a certain area, be it supporting, tanking, or damage.

What I would do is either make it 380 in all (for a total 200 more stat points, which seems reasonable to me), or 490 for the current stats (210 more points, similarly reasonable). My argument for the 380 in all version is that celestial relies on boon and condition duration to compete with other builds, and with the added boon hate and ever increasing necessity of condition cleanse this can't possibly put it over the top. The 490 to standard seven stats might even be too strong in that context.

Whatever you do, be prepared to change it again. You will most likely have to.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" is there any chance that the 3 stat amulets can be reworked so their total stat allocation is on par with the 4 stat/Proposed Cele Amulet at 3220 Total stat points?

It's not outside the realm of possibility in the future, but not something we're going to look at for this round of changes.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" is there any chance that the 3 stat amulets can be reworked so their total stat allocation is on par with the 4 stat/Proposed Cele Amulet at 3220 Total stat points?

>

> It's not outside the realm of possibility in the future, but not something we're going to look at for this round of changes.

Fair enough, I just always thought it could help in keeping the original amulets to be competitive picks and keep diversity open a little more, while keeping everything balanced out as far as stat values go. Thank you for the prompt response!

Not going to lie. Engineer benefits greatly from celestial amulet. The healing tankiness and damage stats help engineer a lot in spvp.

I think a rifle build with elixir and healing support might make it a decent dueler.

But elementalists are even more abusers of the celestial amulet. They have healing damage tankiness and support skills.

Will have to test the celestial amulet out. It may be too OP for elementalists and engineer with attunements and tool belt and kit skills.

the problem with the majority of the amulets above is that they will work disproportionately well for classes that have the ability to ignore damage while still doing damage. You think they are balanced because they have low vitality, no toughness and just healing. For block spamming or invuln builds that can simultaneously do damage, giving precision, condi, and power will be too effective I suspect. The problem isn't these amulets, its the access to damage mitigating effects that would make these real risks.

> @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> We're intentionally starting celestial stats a bit lower just as a precaution. If it underperforms we'll shave it upwards until it's in a good spot

Thanks so much for the notice on this. I was a bit worried about that ending up neglected but I'm glad you are willing to work with that.

> @Kiritodatrth.1548 said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > Hey folks,

> >

> > As mentioned previously, we’ve been considering new amulets and runes. This is our current proposed list of additions.

> >

> > **Amulets**

> > Celestial

> > • All stats except Expertise and Concentration: 460

> > Grieving

> > • Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision 560, Ferocity: 560

> > Harrier

> > • Power: 1200, Healing: 900, Concentration: 900

> > Marshall

> > • Power: 1050, Healing: 1050, Precision: 560, Condition Damage: 560

> > Name TBD

> > • Power: 1050, Precision: 1050, Healing: 560, Vitality: 560

> > Name TBD

> > • Power 1050, Precision: 1050, Condition Damage: 560, Vitality: 560

> > Name TBD

> > • Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Vitality: 560, Precision: 560

> >

> > **Runes**

> > We’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

> >

>

> Why all have power as first attribute?

> Why not Precision, CD, healing power, vitality? (yeap Im thinking about scourge)...

Because an amulet like that would be so utterly game breaking with the way condi works now you'd have to bring the world's biggest nerf to conditions or end up with everyone running some sort of immortal condi build. If you nerf conditions I'd be down for something like this to hybridize support and condition damage but atm absolutely not.

Since might stacking is dead and waver needs more damage... nothing will really change for ele outclassed by firebrand in support role and nobody cares about 1v1 till spellbraker is fixed. It's kinda meh there are no new toughness amulets. Let's wait for balance update and reaction of proscene during AT's.

> @Ario.8964 said:

> > @Kiritodatrth.1548 said:

> > Why not Precision, CD, healing power, vitality? (yeap Im thinking about scourge)...

>

> Because an amulet like that would be so utterly game breaking with the way condi works now you'd have to bring the world's biggest nerf to conditions or end up with everyone running some sort of immortal condi build. If you nerf conditions I'd be down for something like this to hybridize support and condition damage but atm absolutely not.

You do realize that the Sage amulet exists, right? That's power/condi>healing/vitality.

Btw, scourges get more dps from power than precision, even in condition builds.

Also, carrion gives scourges more defense, because the extra vitality makes more of a difference than scaling barriers with 560 healing power.

> @Doomdesire.9365 said:

> Can we get a better movement speed rune for DH? Power/precision/power/precision/power/movement speed? Most DHs still run Lynx but condition damage is a pretty wasted stat on power guard.

Wouldn't they be better off running traveler runes instead of Lynx?

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @Doomdesire.9365 said:

> > Can we get a better movement speed rune for DH? Power/precision/power/precision/power/movement speed? Most DHs still run Lynx but condition damage is a pretty wasted stat on power guard.

>

> Wouldn't they be better off running traveler runes instead of Lynx?

When it comes to ranked, some guards run Traveler runes but Lynx is meta because higher burst. Also see guards running Pack, but all three of those runes have useless stats or bonuses for power DH. Power/prec/movement speed wouldn't have any wasted stats, and I don't think it would be in the "OP domain" like a power/ferocity/movement speed rune would be.

> @Anthony.7630 said:

> Not going to lie. Engineer benefits greatly from celestial amulet. The healing tankiness and damage stats help engineer a lot in spvp.

>

> I think a rifle build with elixir and healing support might make it a decent dueler.

>

> But elementalists are even more abusers of the celestial amulet. They have healing damage tankiness and support skills.

>

> Will have to test the celestial amulet out. It may be too OP for elementalists and engineer with attunements and tool belt and kit skills.

Celestial Amulet is not good with Engi since before Core Specialization revamps of 2015.

Pre-Core specs, Engi had access to power damage, incendiary powder & nade cover conditions from one traitline, pre-nerf backpack Regenerator (always active, for160ish HPS on top of Healing Turret Regeneration). Bottom line, ample Power, CC, condition damage & condition variety in one build. Celestial stats were optimal and also gave a raw boost. Edit: It also had knockback on Healing Turret (RIP that trait entirely), and enemies had a much lower power level.

Now, Engineer lacks heal scaling, (holosmith Heat Therapy heals 15-30 more per second with 560 healing) has to take Firearms to get Incendiary Powder, and has no cover conditions baked in (Photon Forge for DPS over Nades).

Old School Cele Rifle Core Engi might be fun for losing rating, Explosives, Firearms, Alchemy. Rifle, Nades, Elixir S, Toolkit, Supply Crate, Leadership Rune, Doom/Courage Sigils. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhSsY9VwkLw6FLsF1XSdhHAYIuBBgYHVFPBA-j5QHQBD8BAAgLAA52fAA