Roller Beetle collection: Hearty Beetle Slime

For days now, _days,_ I have been waiting for this event to spawn so I can collect this part and move on. The Alpha Beetle does not spawn. Does Not Spawn. I have done both the beetle herding quest and the clear the 4 mordrem mobs from this area and they just repeat endlessly. I have had to park my main character there and just login randomly.

Why would you tie such a sought after item to such a vague event condition? Do you not want people to obtain this? Is this just another instance of Anet not communicating and coordinating with one another?

According to the wiki:

> The spawn conditions for this event are related to the death of the neutral Giant Beetle on the ledge surrounded by small allied beetles.

>

If that beetle hasn't been killed, that may be the reason why it hasn't spawned. Seems independent of the other events that you've mentioned.

Good luck!

Finally logged in early this morning to find it spawned right next to the neutral beetle that supposedly triggers it to spawn. Solo'd it out of spite. I highly doubt that killing the neutral beetle has anything to do with spawning it.

More likely some anet employee thought "hmm, 3 consecutive collections isn't tedious or grindy enough. What more could we possibly do to make this even more difficult? Ah, random event way off in the desert no one has heard of? Hey it's got Beetle in it's name! We'll retcon it and nobody will be wiser!"

That can't be all the forethought put into the game. Somebody needs to be there thinking things out better. This doesn't happen often enough, that doesn't trigger like it should. Playtesters would be nice

K maybe i'm asking for quality assurance here. Maybe it's just plain old common sense. I'm not asking for anything special. I'm asking for a single vital event to spawn regularly and predictably. If this collectable item had been tied to either of the two other events this wouldn't be a problem. They spawn like clockwork. I know, I've done them over and over again.

Maybe it's the human touch that's missing here. Feels like somebody just tacked this on to a problematic event just for flavor and called it a day.