Gryphon Mastery no.4 - allow use of gliding masteries

It just seems weird and alien that in non-PoF content, i need to dismount in order to fly more effectively. I understand why the Gryphon cannot be a fully flying mount, but it is able to glide already, and it would be immensely useful to allow it to catch updrafts or even use leylines in the content where those things already exist.

I suggest this as a mastery because the Gryphon is currently the only mount not to have a 4th lvl mastery, and it makes a kind of sense (to me at least) that you would need to 'master' transferring the skills you've learned gliding to a riding creature.

Maybe they should make it like Ride the Leyline, and make it so that if you steer a Griffon into an updraft they deathspiral out of control because their wings aren't meant to handle that wind. Maybe that would stop people complaining about not being able to use the updrafts when their completely different tool can. Why can't Skimmers use Updrafts too?

I do think that the best solution to this though is that since you can mount a Griffon while airborne, and since they can basically get anywhere anyway, you should also be able to dismount them while airborne, allowing you to make more precise steering, use Glider moves where applicable, use updrafts and leylines, and then when you get where you're safe, you can call the Griffon in to pick you up.

> @Seyiwaji.4082 said:

> This is how western people think.

> But the Answer is NO.

>

> This option would just obliterate gliding and make it useless. Games have to try to keep so much useful mechanic as they can.

>

> move on.

I agree with you, but...

"This is how western people think." what's this supposed to mean...

> @Seyiwaji.4082 said:

> This is how western people think.

> But the Answer is NO.

>

> This option would just obliterate gliding and make it useless. Games have to try to keep so much useful mechanic as they can.

>

> move on.

While I agree that griffon shouldn't be used together with gliding mechanics, I still find gliding useful. Glider is much more precise and you can use it in combat.

> @Narrrz.7532 said:

> It just seems weird and alien that in non-PoF content, i need to dismount in order to fly more effectively. I understand why the Gryphon cannot be a fully flying mount, but it is able to glide already, and it would be immensely useful to allow it to catch updrafts or even use leylines in the content where those things already exist.

>

> I suggest this as a mastery because the Gryphon is currently the only mount not to have a 4th lvl mastery, and it makes a kind of sense (to me at least) that you would need to 'master' transferring the skills you've learned gliding to a riding creature.

I would LOVE if the Griffin could use updrafts, and even leylines! Though I'm sure ANET fears doing expansion cross-overs since it might upset some of the player-base (like if they put mushrooms into POF maps).

It would be Nice though it could ruin the hot experience for new players.

Maybe something to unlock after hot story completion, but really idk.

I mean, try not to think about the farm but what you could see from above, diving into vedano brink. It would be totale Nice.

The question is: would it be the right choice?