The problem With The Griffon

Try to do a race with a griffon and you'll discover that they are actually a lot slower on the ground than every other mount. They're not very practical if you want to go from point A to point B very quickly so they don't usurp the raptor and the jackal for those reasons. (unless you have a lot of height to dive from, which more often than not you don't.)

Griffon's can't jump as high as the Springer either, even with their wing flap .

On the ground I use other mounts, but once I gain the height needed for the griffon to excel, you bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna use it; diving and swooping all over the place.

That is you. I majority of the time see raptors, so my conclusion is the griffon is not all that favored. I use mine all the time because I love its graceful cat movements and the short bits of flight from jumping is fun. I'm not concerned with getting somewhere as fast as I can or I'd, too, be mostly using raptor or jackal. Since the griffon is one of the slowest on ground. To make use of that flight speed, you need to get up fairly high and even than, it's slowly falling and no terrain is completely flat. Feels too tedious when there are still waypoints.

The griffon CAN do all of other mounts actions (except portals), but he is worse in most of those tasks. It is your CHOICE that makes other mounts invalid.

I use all of them, mostly griffon and raptor. But also I personally really dislike the general look of springer and the idea of skimmer (although they are nicely done I admit that). But if you prefer griffon more than the others then you will use it instead of raptor even though raptor can be better for this moment as well as you can climb a hill with griffon in 15 secs instead of 5 secs with a springer.

I got my Griffon maxed, but honestly I still use the other mounts just as often. The Griffon is terrible on foot when compared to other options, can't gain altitude like the Springer, and it handles very poorly. I only tend to use it if I know I'm going to skip a huge chunk of terrain, and have a reasonably high point I can launch from (usually off a Springer), so really it's more in competition with the WPs.