War Eternal: The Good Stuff (Spoilers Within)

While there's plenty about this release that I didn't like, that I absolutely hated, and that made me get up and walk away from my computer to shout at the sky(scale), I find that the forums have given those things plenty of coverage.

Instead, I'd like to talk about some of the things I liked, the things that impressed me, or simply things that made me smile. I'd also like to hear about the things that other people enjoyed; try to avoid debates in here by the way, that's not what the thread's for.

Positivity doesn't erase the things that are lame, but it's important for the devs to hear what we like so we have a chance at getting more of it. That said, here we go:

**Dragonfall**

- This map features challenging terrain that requires creativity to traverse, but also allows you the freedom to go in any direction you like in order to reach the same end objective.

- I'm particularly fond of old travel techniques like ley lines, oakheart essence, and lava tubes coming back (as the one-and-done nature of them was disappointing when they were first released).

- We get to run around on a dragon's body and the lore will now support the body staying there!

- All the loot all the time in all the places.

- You gave us easily-accessible, large, and versatile guild hall decorations, one of which is a _massive column of fire._

- Mobs from other realms have been introduced into Tyria, showering the roleplay community with fresh new character ideas - Can't wait to see the first Underworld skeleton minion doing shots in Divinity's Reach.

- Eternal Embers can be used to troll any mob that gives you trouble - Few things are more satisfying than pulling the rug out from under something twice your size.

- Will-o-the-wisps are mysterious, dainty, high-aggro and absolutely horrid little creatures to do battle with - but they don't make Jacaranda noises, so thank you for that.

- Aurene will occasionally fly down to assist you in events or simply to help you clear mobs, and her actions are personalized to you; she doesn't land, fart fire, and fly away, she stays until you are safe and then takes her leave. Very nice.

**The Cinematics**

- The character models were animated very well in all of the cinematic scenes, particularly while Caithe is dragging crystals out of Aurene's corpse.

- Aurene's ascension is hauntingly beautiful, and you feel a genuine sense of loss when the Commander looks at their empty hand after she has gone. The team that worked on these pieces hit the same emotional notes as the team who worked on the Caladbolg side story, and they deserve a staff pizza party.; spring 40 bucks and give it to them.

**The Skyscale**

- The animations for giving this animal food, toys, and treats are exceptionally violent overhead slams. I can't say anything bad about this. Yeet the baby.