Random Black Screen

I keep getting this weird "crash" where my screen goes black. I still hear the music, still have the gw2 cursor that can move around, I think I can still blindly type to say things to people around me although I can't see anything. It has been happening for a couple months and I've even updated my graphics card drivers. Anyone else had this problem?

* Your graphics card might be overheating. [Check its temperature](https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy "Check its temperature") (and that of your other hardware) after running the game.

* If you are using Windows 10, make sure you have [DirectX 9.0c](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 "DirectX 9.0c") and all its related files installed.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> No overheating; already have the equivalent or newer version of DirectX 9c (according to the linked website).

> This only started recently. Never had connection issues before. Sigh.

Having the same issue recently as well. I've done all the trouble shooting steps. Kind of the same thing that was happening several weeks ago.

Ugh, it's really irritating. It's happening everywhere, no rhyme nor reason that I can ascertain. Happens when actively playing in combat, idly waiting for an event, in crowds, all alone, Core maps, newest maps, WvW....just ugh.

Get "Lost connection to the Server" message, then black screen with GW2 cursor, and music. No way to do anything but alt-tab and close GW2 with Windows. Have flushed DNS and restarted router.

Nothing has changed that I am aware of, other than new GW2 builds.

> I get that screen after the notice that there's a connection issue.

Sorry, I should have made it clear that I responded to the OP. What you are experiencing is "normal". I have that happen, too, when I get a disconnect that is caused by my ISP. :)

> Might be normal for you; it's not normal for me.

1. I put "normal" in quotations marks, suggesting that it is not perceived as pleasant or normal.

2. It was referring to GW2's behavior in a case of connection loss on your ISP's end.

3. No, frequent disconnects or an unstable connection are _not_ normal, so I suggest you call your ISP to sort this out.