Adding a Racial skill slot for elite/normal skills for personal story missions

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I instead want racial skills removed and their effects instead rolled into

> * Combat-usable Novelties (mostly the transforms such as Norn Elites)

> * Racially themed skill "skins"

I’d make a sylvari engineer if I could have them make plant turrets like those in many of the story instances! Of course, no reason a sylvari couldn’t make normal tech turrets, but it would be sweet to have the option! :)

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I instead want racial skills removed and their effects instead rolled into

> * Combat-usable Novelties (mostly the transforms such as Norn Elites)

> * Racially themed skill "skins"

This would ruin Balthazars hounds! No!

> @"Samuel.4812" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > I instead want racial skills removed and their effects instead rolled into

> > * Combat-usable Novelties (mostly the transforms such as Norn Elites)

> > * Racially themed skill "skins"

>

> This would ruin Balthazars hounds! No!

Yeah, my simplistic model definitely misses a couple of the skills, and I'd hate to lose options. I mean it more as a launching point in letting them create *actual* flavor for the races, because quite frankly, the skills as they are don't accomplish much flavor *since almost no one uses them!*

I want Norn fighting in Bear form *often*, and Asuras using Golems!

i was personally hoping (and even wrote up a long [suggestion] post on the old forums) for ANET to add an F6 through F10 skill bar, that in PvE would be populated by players choice of Racial skills, collected environmental weapons (like buckets and heart quest weapons), and unlocked weapons from the personal story / living world episodes (such as the Searing Cauldron).

racial skills would be unlocked based on the race of the character, obviously (character unlock)

the environmental weapons would be unlocked through collections, mainly by discovering and equipping the items in the open world. (account unlock)

the story weapons /skills would make more sense as a character unlock by playing through the story, since some weapons are available only through certain story arcs.

i also imagined these weapons unlocks to basically work like engineer kits / tranformations.

this would even allow Revs to use racial skills

the F6 through F10 skill bar could even be customized differently for PvP and WvW, such as:

~ meta changing skills and bonus weekend type skills specific to the competitive game modes

or even allow raid specific or fractal specific skills