Shall we introduce Open World PvP to PvE maps?

> @"Dreddo.9865" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > True only pvp MMOs are non existant or have died out over the years. I'm guessing you were being sarcastic, in which case: good one.

> Why don't you check Steam charts? It will solve all your questions. Look at the numbers and think which of top MMO games are PvE.

>

I did, Warframe is the first MMO all time high and on second spot in current. Final Fantasy Online was first on current and is second in all time high among MMO.

ESO is the first semi pvp centric MMO which even appears in the top 50, and ESO has a huge PvE segment.

Which pvp centric MMOs were you exactly refering to?

Oh and that is not actually counting any PvE MMOs like WoW or GW2 which are not even on steam, or the players on the three mentioned MMOs who do not play through steam, which again is significant.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> I did, Warframe is the first MMO all time high and on second spot in current. Final Fantasy Online was first on current and is second in all time high among MMO.

>

> ESO is the first semi pvp centric MMO which even appears in the top 50, and ESO has a huge PvE segment.

>

> Which pvp centric MMOs were you exactly refering to?

>

> Oh and that is not actually counting any PvE MMOs like WoW or GW2 which are not even on steam, or the players on the three mentioned MMOs who do not play through steam, which again is significant.

Those are all MMORPGs you refer to, unless you exclude all other Massive Mutliplayer Online (like Dota2 or Fortnite) for a reason I am missing. The traditional casual PvE MMORPG trend is slowly fading as it gradually becomes repetitive and gives no challenge at some point. That said I am not for open PvP mode because I 've been there and know how damaging for the more casual players can be. But still Anet should focus on evolving the game and not giving PvE content just to sell cosmetics.

> @"Dreddo.9865" said:

> >

> > I did, Warframe is the first MMO all time high and on second spot in current. Final Fantasy Online was first on current and is second in all time high among MMO.

> >

> > ESO is the first semi pvp centric MMO which even appears in the top 50, and ESO has a huge PvE segment.

> >

> > Which pvp centric MMOs were you exactly refering to?

> >

> > Oh and that is not actually counting any PvE MMOs like WoW or GW2 which are not even on steam, or the players on the three mentioned MMOs who do not play through steam, which again is significant.

>

> Those are all MMORPGs you refer to, unless you exclude all other Massive Mutliplayer Online (like Dota2 or Fortnite) for a reason I am missing. The traditional casual PvE MMORPG trend is slowly fading as it gradually becomes repetitive and gives no challenge at some point. That said I am not for open PvP mode because I 've been there and know how damaging for the more casual players can be. But still Anet should focus on evolving the game and not giving PvE content just to sell cosmetics.

Yes, I am excluding all of those. We are talking about MMORPGS are we not?

My comment was meant in referance to MMORPGs since that is what GW2 is and that is what this thread is about. Yes, pvp centric games like DOTA, League of Legends, CS:GO, Fortnite, etc. are very popular and they are all built from the ground up for competative play. Unlike MMORPGS which have a very different focus. All pvp centric MMORPGS, most of which were often sandbox, have failed except for EvE Online and even that one has a huge pve crowd way bigger than their pvp crowd.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Yes, I am excluding all of those. We are talking about MMORPGS are we not?

>

> My comment was meant in referance to MMORPGs since that is what GW2 is and that is what this thread is about. Yes, pvp centric games like DOTA, League of Legends, CS:GO, Fortnite, etc. are very popular and they are all built from the ground up for competative play. Unlike MMORPGS which have a very different focus. All pvp centric MMORPGS, most of which were often sandbox, have failed except for EvE Online and even that one has a huge pve crowd way bigger than their pvp crowd.

Anet as a company that produce a game addressing 'massive markets' needs to evolve and follow the current trend. It is common knowledge that traditional 'PvE content' games don't appeal anymore to masses, that's my point. GW2 started as an "ESL title" and IMHO that should be the path they should have commited themselves to. Between all MMORPGs GW2 has by far the best and most interesting PvP system, they already have a gem in their possession. If only they could understand its potential and dedicate more resources to development.

No more off-topic from me and apologies for the thread hijacking.

> @"Dreddo.9865" said:

>

> > Yes, I am excluding all of those. We are talking about MMORPGS are we not?

> >

> > My comment was meant in referance to MMORPGs since that is what GW2 is and that is what this thread is about. Yes, pvp centric games like DOTA, League of Legends, CS:GO, Fortnite, etc. are very popular and they are all built from the ground up for competative play. Unlike MMORPGS which have a very different focus. All pvp centric MMORPGS, most of which were often sandbox, have failed except for EvE Online and even that one has a huge pve crowd way bigger than their pvp crowd.

>

> Anet as a company that produce a game addressing 'massive markets' needs to evolve and follow the current trend. It is common knowledge that traditional 'PvE content' games don't appeal anymore to masses, that's my point. GW2 started as an "ESL title" and IMHO that should be the path they should have commited themselves to. Between all MMORPGs GW2 has by far the best and most interesting PvP system, they already have a gem in their possession. If only they could understand its potential and dedicate more resources to development.

>

> No more off-topic from me and apologies for the thread hijacking.

So you are basically sidestepping the fact that GW2 is a MMORPG, you are advising that Arenanet completely abandon their established player base which is not pvp oriented for the remaining few who occasionally pvp and hopefully a lot of new players and consider that advice sound? Okay, to each his own.

You know, I think you might be on to something good here.

But first, instead of taking PvE maps and shoving PvP in there, Anet should make new maps specifically for PvP, and scatter around PvE objectives (which give rewards) inside those maps. That way, people who want the open world PvP experience can do so without trying to force their method of gameplay on others who don't care for it.

Wait, this is starting to sound a lot like WvW. Wonder what happened to that game mode.