Renegade or Herald

MintTea.6713

> @corwin.3495 said:

> Are you guys 100% sure that condi renegade is really that much better in PvE than the power rev?

> If I do choose to go condi, I need to change all my equipment and that sounds really costly to me.

>

>

>

The best thing to do is get some ascended trinkets that fit power builds, condi builds etc. After that, exotic gear runs fairly cheaply, weapons will be a bit more.

With the new Phalanx Strength nerf, the Renengade actually has a new role it can play. Simply by using Heroic Command and Mace, a Renegade can cap out might for the entire team. You have to cut axe 5 out of the regular rotation, though. Overall, Renegade still beats out herald for most PVE purposes. Both of them received some pretty severe damage nerfs, but the Renegade still does a lot more damage.

I would take all aspects of Rev, Power/Condi/Support, and try them each out until you find which suits your play style best and depending on the Content your aiming for.

Personally i have gear to roll either one depending on what content im going to do. I do more wvw than pve lately so i roll power herald alot. if im trying to do fractals i can roll any of the three, For raids ill go condi renegade, and for open world i roll whatever the hell i feel like. Even try making a secondary rev so if our only intrested in power/condi you could gear one for power and the other condi, like me my other rev is all bout dem heals. In Pve there isnt any wrong style unless your trying high end content like raids and high level fractals. however swap over to wvw and its a different story, where your setup and build is way more important. In the end do whatever you want, just have fun with it. Also here is a video promoting my guild and myself because shameless promoting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_xc4XcFUGI

Dual sword or sword+axe power renegade is much stronger than herald in pve for me at least, more damage, much better AoE, survives more too (instead pres gear you can go more defensive stats due to capped crit easily) and if summons don't get CCd they are amazing. But needs more skill and involved gameplay.

Herald is a chill playstyle, great to just explore and stuff if your tired and don't wanna strain yourself much or to support your party.