Skyscale a bit too tedious for disabled people

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kelpersey.7614" said:

> Hi there! I'm Kelpersey or Aegia, as most people know me. I'm a 23 year old who's been trying to get the skyscale since I got the expansion almost 2 months ago. Now I know that doesn't seem like much, but as someone with crippling pain, I'm barely able to get on and play GW2 without having to log off less than a hour later. What this means is, it'll take me upwards of a year to finish all the hearts and collections needed for the Skyscale, I'm at the last part due to me pushing through the pain to try and rush it, only to realize I have to go around various maps for an undefined amount of time and try to collect all the materials without collapsing.

Everything about gaining the Skyscale was intended to be an insane grind, with no concessions made to any players who don't have the time / energy / physicality to get through it. Having only just completed it myself, rather belatedly, I realise it's hard to see others with the mount when you have a long road ahead of you. But try not to stress and, like a legendary weapon, work steadily towards it and accept that it happens when it happens.

If you're on the LS4 map currency step, you're almost there. Yes there's a grind ahead, but it's do-able if you handle it right. I thought I was home and dry after somehow getting through the jumping puzzles with only three food bypasses, but then came the LS4 currency grind. I'd foolishly spent my saved currencies not realising the Skyscale was in the pipeline or would require this. I pretty much needed 250 of everything. Some currencies come faster than others but some general tips would be:

1) Focus on one or two maps at a time. Identify which daily renown hearts are easiest for you to do with your abilities and farm those each day for the currency you can buy with Karma.

2) If you have alts, get portal tomes for the LS4 maps and put them through the easier renown hearts too. Don't try to be completionist about it and ignore the renown hearts that are time consuming. It's better to put 4 alts through the same renown heart (boring as that is) than eat up all your time trying to complete a more difficult heart on one character.

3) Use any Jorbreakers you might have from the Dragon bash event (or can buy on the TP) to buy LS4 map currency (buy the harder to get currencies as priority).

4) Consider the WvW reward track as an option for gaining LS4 currency, especially for the harder to get currencies.

I do realise that to unlock the portal tomes and WvW reward tracks you need to complete the story for each map and that in itself can be difficult and time consuming too. But the story is worth doing in its own right anyway and if it unlocks the maps for alts it makes things easier for gaining currency.

As mentioned by @"Cernow.3974" the Jorbreakers can really help with whatever currencies you find most tedious. Unfortunately, I believe the merchants will not be available after Dragon Bash, but hopefully Festival of the Four Winds and future events will have similar vendors.

• 4 weeks later...