World Completion NG+/Prestige system?

Here's my point.

Many of us tend to stick to their main character, specifically in open world.

Since map completion is one of the common ways of getting keys and transmutes, I got a bit frustrated I can't keep doing it on my favourite character.

I'm not saying we should get harder playthrough like NG+ in some Souls series, or new 100%-map-locked gear. Just the option to refresh your progress and maybe get an extra/new compass star.

Would such system make sense to you, and what are your thoughts?

If ANET made it so you couldn't spam the reward system for map completion on the same character/map immediately over and over (a time limit refresh), similar to whats been done with the Black Lion Keys for story progress then quite honestly I'm totally for it. =) (maybe a week in between each map completion?)

> @"CJH.2879" said:

> If ANET made it so you couldn't spam the reward system for map completion on the same character/map immediately over and over (a time limit refresh), similar to whats been done with the Black Lion Keys for story progress then quite honestly I'm totally for it. =) (maybe a week in between each map completion?)

Do you mean a zone completion or world completion? Not many of us would do 100% map a week either way. With skyscale, however..

> @"Lawliet.4017" said:

> Here's my point.

> Many of us tend to stick to their main character, specifically in open world.

> Since map completion is one of the common ways of getting keys and transmutes, I got a bit frustrated I can't keep doing it on my favourite character.

> I'm not saying we should get harder playthrough like NG+ in some Souls series, or new 100%-map-locked gear. Just the option to refresh your progress and maybe get an extra/new compass star.

> Would such system make sense to you, and what are your thoughts?

Well one complication I could see occurring is if you have World Completion on a character and they reset the map, only the POI, Vistas and Hearts would reset, as you've already completed all Hero Points. I suppose they allow us to redo those as well, as most of my characters have both elites unlocked with several hundred HPs to spare.

That said, thinking strategically from ANET's perspective, I don't want you as a player to re-do map completion on the same character, over and over again. I want you create a new character! That means more character slots, bank slots, and shared inventory slots purchased from the gem store. Possibly more outfits, weapon / armor skins, mount skins, BL keys to get back pieces / gliders, harvesting tools, etc etc etc.

If I only had 1 character that I played, my Gem Store purchases would be exponentially smaller than they currently are.

So I don't see why ANET would enable / encourage players to do this - it defeats their business model.