Vabbi Map Completion Is kick in the Teeth

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

That's not true, my map shows them as empty and when I hover my mouse over the map legend where Hearts are listed every Heart lights up. I stumbled into some enclosed garden and found 2 more hearts so I' think this must be the last area of the map, you can't trust the built in map ui it considers all repeatable hearts as incomplete regardless of whether you ever completed them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

>

> That's not true, my map shows them as empty and when I hover my mouse over the map legend where Hearts are listed every Heart lights up. I stumbled into some enclosed garden and found 2 more hearts so I' think this must be the last area of the map, you can't trust the built in map ui it considers all repeatable hearts as incomplete regardless of whether you ever completed them.

If you open the world map (by pressing 'm' as the default key, you may have changed it) and look in the top left corner, you'll see your world completion and specific map completion, with how many hearts you've finished in the area.

You can also tell which hearts you've completed by the hearts showing the infinity symbol underneath it (as multiple people in this thread have explained).

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

>

> That's not true, my map shows them as empty and when I hover my mouse over the map legend where Hearts are listed every Heart lights up. I stumbled into some enclosed garden and found 2 more hearts so I' think this must be the last area of the map, you can't trust the built in map ui it considers all repeatable hearts as incomplete regardless of whether you ever completed them.

Top left corner, it tells you the total number of hearts you need for map completion in those zones, that number does not reset and it it does for you its bugged because it doesnt for me.

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

>

any heart which has a lemniscate (∞) under it is completed.

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

> >

> > Right so are you implying I'm not allowed to be angry about being forced to repeat content or no life my self for a day in order to get map completion before reset, some of us have jobs and families, while I play frequently on my days off I also happen to work full time, so I guess don't bother working on map completion unless I have hours ahead of me?

>

> Of course you're allowed to be angry. However, in your haste to insist on being angry, you didn't realize that your entire premise is mistaken.

>

> When you complete a heart, it gets a tiny infinity sign under it, thus you don't have to redo it to get map complete. Just complete the ones without the little infinity sign. You could do one heart a night and get zone complete. You don't have to do them all at the same time.

>

> So what is there to be angry about?

I'm not sure I remember writing that, which is unsettling since I don't even drink anymore, I'd been up barring some naps since 4PM Thursday Easter Standard for work, back was bothering me too much to sleep so I kept drinking coffee. I just woke up from my bed so I must have walked there. Yeah I don't deny I typed that because obviously I must have my cats sure has hell didn't, I'm just weirded out because I don't remember that response and I just woke up not remembering how I got to bed.

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

>

> Right so are you implying I'm not allowed to be angry about being forced to repeat content or no life my self for a day in order to get map completion before reset, some of us have jobs and families, while I play frequently on my days off I also happen to work full time, so I guess don't bother working on map completion unless I have hours ahead of me?

Hey Kheldorn, I don't remember typing this, the previous response was what I thought was my response since I just woke up.

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

>

There is a huge box in top left corner of your map (press M by default) telling you how many parts of map need to be completed. If you completed hearts day before, they are still completed after reset, you just need to remember which you completed, which I believe is not hard. Please, before accusing people of lying, get your facts right.

> @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.

> > I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

>

> It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

>

> However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

It doesn't. I disabled event/personal story on the guide. So all it shows is what's not completed... this also includes showing hearts that reset in PoF maps.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.

> > > I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

> >

> > It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

> >

> > However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

>

> It doesn't. I disabled event/personal story on the guide. So all it shows is what's not completed... this also includes showing hearts that reset in PoF maps.

Well that answers the question i had before. Sorry, don't have any further solutions for you.

There is an achievement for each map for doing all of the hearts. Looking at the achievement will have hearts you did checked off, allowing you to see which hearts you haven't done yet. Just look in the achievements panel at PoF then the map you need the hearts for to find the achievements. All of the achievements for doing PoF hearts are called "Renowned Adventurer: (map name)".

And renowned hearts count permanently for map completion the first time you do them. So you only need to do the hearts you missed, not all of them before daily reset.

> > > @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.

> > > > I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

> > >

> > > It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

> > >

> > > However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

> >

> > It doesn't. I disabled event/personal story on the guide. So all it shows is what's not completed... this also includes showing hearts that reset in PoF maps.

>

> Well that answers the question i had before. Sorry, don't have any further solutions for you.

Solution is stop making hearts reset.

>

> Solution is stop making hearts reset.

Not sure that's a solution, considering lots of people enjoy repeatable hearts, that arenanet also experimented with repeatable hearts in season 3 and found a lot of favorable feedback on it.

You may not enjoy it, but many do. Thus, preventing hearts from resetting is not a solution.

> >

> > Solution is stop making hearts reset.

>

> Not sure that's a solution, considering lots of people enjoy repeatable hearts, that arenanet also experimented with repeatable hearts in season 3 and found a lot of favorable feedback on it.

>

> You may not enjoy it, but many do. Thus, preventing hearts from resetting is not a solution.

then make an option to allow them repeatable or not in the options. very easy to add.

> > @Vayne.8563 said:

> > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

> > >

> > > Right so are you implying I'm not allowed to be angry about being forced to repeat content or no life my self for a day in order to get map completion before reset, some of us have jobs and families, while I play frequently on my days off I also happen to work full time, so I guess don't bother working on map completion unless I have hours ahead of me?

> >

> > Of course you're allowed to be angry. However, in your haste to insist on being angry, you didn't realize that your entire premise is mistaken.

> >

> > When you complete a heart, it gets a tiny infinity sign under it, thus you don't have to redo it to get map complete. Just complete the ones without the little infinity sign. You could do one heart a night and get zone complete. You don't have to do them all at the same time.

> >

> > So what is there to be angry about?

>

> I'm not sure I remember writing that, which is unsettling since I don't even drink anymore, I'd been up barring some naps since 4PM Thursday Easter Standard for work, back was bothering me too much to sleep so I kept drinking coffee. I just woke up from my bed so I must have walked there. Yeah I don't deny I typed that because obviously I must have my cats sure has hell didn't, I'm just weirded out because I don't remember that response and I just woke up not remembering how I got to bed.

Yeah, I'm kinda unsettled, because I don't remember reading this post, and I haven't been drinking either.

> @Midnight.7526 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @Vayne.8563 said:

> > > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

> > > >

> > > > Right so are you implying I'm not allowed to be angry about being forced to repeat content or no life my self for a day in order to get map completion before reset, some of us have jobs and families, while I play frequently on my days off I also happen to work full time, so I guess don't bother working on map completion unless I have hours ahead of me?

> > >

> > > Of course you're allowed to be angry. However, in your haste to insist on being angry, you didn't realize that your entire premise is mistaken.

> > >

> > > When you complete a heart, it gets a tiny infinity sign under it, thus you don't have to redo it to get map complete. Just complete the ones without the little infinity sign. You could do one heart a night and get zone complete. You don't have to do them all at the same time.

> > >

> > > So what is there to be angry about?

> >

> > I'm not sure I remember writing that, which is unsettling since I don't even drink anymore, I'd been up barring some naps since 4PM Thursday Easter Standard for work, back was bothering me too much to sleep so I kept drinking coffee. I just woke up from my bed so I must have walked there. Yeah I don't deny I typed that because obviously I must have my cats sure has hell didn't, I'm just weirded out because I don't remember that response and I just woke up not remembering how I got to bed.

>

> Yeah, I'm kinda unsettled, because I don't remember reading this post, and I haven't been drinking either.

Is this the mists?

> > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.

> > > > I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

> > >

> > > It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

> > >

> > > However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

> >

> > That is pretty simple. Change it from auto reset to manual.

>

> That's assuming that's something that can be easily programmed in. We have no idea whether it's easy or not, but for now lets make it a suggestion.

As a programmer, I can tell you that it being easy is a very safe assumption. Unless the developers programmed themselves into a really bad corner somehow, tying a previously automated process that runs at a certain server time to a button and limiting its usage to once per day would be extremely simple.

> I wound up finishing Vabbi, what passes for End Game in the desert, are all maps active for event chains?

Fractals and Raids are the hard end game. If you're looking for map completion as true end game content uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhmm

I didn't even consider Orr as that, because of dungeons.

It's only really annoying when you're doing things like the Griffon Mount and need to buy things from the Hearts and you think "well I've already done this Heart?" There's no option to just say "I've already chopped up Sand Eels for people to eat, can I have goodies to buy please?". It's for some of us that space out what we do whilst playing. I get why this has been implemented but it is a tad bit annoying.

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > >

> > > Solution is stop making hearts reset.

> >

> > Not sure that's a solution, considering lots of people enjoy repeatable hearts, that arenanet also experimented with repeatable hearts in season 3 and found a lot of favorable feedback on it.

> >

> > You may not enjoy it, but many do. Thus, preventing hearts from resetting is not a solution.

>

> then make an option to allow them repeatable or not in the options. very easy to add.

From a consumer standpoint it seems easy, but the reality of programming that can be way more difficult than we could imagine. Its an option to suggest and hopefully the devs consider something like that in the future.

> @Vandril.3490 said:

> > > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > > > @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.

> > > > > I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

> > > >

> > > > It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

> > > >

> > > > However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

> > >

> > > That is pretty simple. Change it from auto reset to manual.

> >

> > That's assuming that's something that can be easily programmed in. We have no idea whether it's easy or not, but for now lets make it a suggestion.

>

> As a programmer, I can tell you that it being easy is a very safe assumption. Unless the developers programmed themselves into a really bad corner somehow, tying a previously automated process that runs at a certain server time to a button and limiting its usage to once per day would be extremely simple.

Considering that the devs had an issue with staying on mounts while interacting with things breaking stuff, i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

> > @Vandril.3490 said:

> > > > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > > > > @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.

> > > > > > I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

> > > > >

> > > > > It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

> > > > >

> > > > > However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

> > > >

> > > > That is pretty simple. Change it from auto reset to manual.

> > >

> > > That's assuming that's something that can be easily programmed in. We have no idea whether it's easy or not, but for now lets make it a suggestion.

> >

> > As a programmer, I can tell you that it being easy is a very safe assumption. Unless the developers programmed themselves into a really bad corner somehow, tying a previously automated process that runs at a certain server time to a button and limiting its usage to once per day would be extremely simple.

>

> Considering that the devs had an issue with staying on mounts while interacting with things breaking stuff, i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

This is true...

But, still, I can at least imagine the types of things that could go wrong with that. Tying a function to a button is something so simple that I'm not really sure you can screw up bad enough to hinder its function enough to stop you from being able to do it.

It's not like I have access to their source code, though, so who knows?

> @Vandril.3490 said:

> > > @Vandril.3490 said:

> > > > @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > > > > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > > > > > @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.

> > > > > > > I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is pretty simple. Change it from auto reset to manual.

> > > >

> > > > That's assuming that's something that can be easily programmed in. We have no idea whether it's easy or not, but for now lets make it a suggestion.

> > >

> > > As a programmer, I can tell you that it being easy is a very safe assumption. Unless the developers programmed themselves into a really bad corner somehow, tying a previously automated process that runs at a certain server time to a button and limiting its usage to once per day would be extremely simple.

> >

> > Considering that the devs had an issue with staying on mounts while interacting with things breaking stuff, i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

>

> This is true...

>

> But, still, I can at least imagine the types of things that could go wrong with that. Tying a function to a button is something so simple that I'm not really sure you can screw up bad enough to hinder its function enough to stop you from being able to do it.

>

> It's not like I have access to their source code, though, so who knows?

precisely the point I was making =p it's impossible to tell how easy or hard it is to implement a change like having hearts reset on an account by account basis since we don't work with their code.

I hope the option is considered by the devs and that we get a response saying whether it can be done (and if so, what timetable we'd see for that change) or if it's impossible to do.

"There are advanced settings in the options menu for more experienced players that will allow you to change the functionality of the content direction system. You can select to disable it if you like the way the game UI functions now, or you can select “world complete” mode, which will focus only on providing direction to areas for world completion."

Where is this "world complete" mode? My options for content guide are limited to "Off", "Disable Personal Story", "Default", and "Hide Events and Personal Story". Not seeing any "world complete" option anywhere.