(suggestion) instantly swap build for character when switching from open world to pvp wvw fractals.

My wife was getting more into fractals and pvp but her build for open world isn't suited well for fractals. And changing it, or using up a character slot sucks. It would be nice if you could set up multiple builds per character for different options and be able to switch with a click. I know I don't want to go through all that trouble but I get my butt handed to me in my normal build.

> @"AlexndrTheGreat.8310" said:

> Anet has said build templates are in the work.

>

> Your build is already saved separately in PvP and WvW compared to open world

I think they meant in its entirety. The current system only does traits, you still have to swap gear/weapons if necessary and/or carry multiple sets for each mode.

Also the traits have to be swapped in OW, Raids and Fractals because they use the same build mode.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

Doubt that will happen, it would make legendary equipment even more worthless. Build templates will be probably just traits+maybe skill slots, calling it now. :lol:

...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

>

> Doubt that will happen, it would make legendary equipment even more worthless. Build templates will be probably just traits+maybe skill slots, calling it now. :lol:

I highly doubt that with the trouble they've gone through to change the legendary gear stat swap menu though. Though if the menu stays in its current state it will be clunky.

And it wouldn't make the gear worthless. If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there. And the current way of individually stat changing every piece of legendary gear is arguably more tedious than just right click equipping different ascended gear. Templates will make legendary gear less tedious and continue to save inventory space.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

> >

> And it wouldn't make the gear worthless. If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.

What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment. The moment they add the auto-equip to the build templates, legendaries are nearly worthless.

>And the current way of individually stat changing every piece of legendary gear is arguably more tedious than just right click equipping different ascended gear. Templates will make legendary gear less tedious and continue to save inventory space.

This is why I wrote:

"...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes."?

And "auto-legendary stat swap" is not the same as "auto-equip items from your inventory".

Build templates that have a box that opens and you have like 4 slots that you can assign a build to and name it..pvp/wvw/open/raid. Once you have a build you set it, and when you want to swap to it you click the icon for that build and it flips everything over to it. I can dream cant i?

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

> > >

> > And it wouldn't make the gear worthless. If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.

>

> What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment. The moment they add the auto-equip to the build templates, legendaries are nearly worthless.

>

>

> >And the current way of individually stat changing every piece of legendary gear is arguably more tedious than just right click equipping different ascended gear. Templates will make legendary gear less tedious and continue to save inventory space.

>

> This is why I wrote:

> "...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes."?

> And "auto-legendary stat swap" is not the same as "auto-equip items from your inventory".

Convenience is not the same thing as cost efficient. I genuinely don't care how many bag slots I have, I hate having to carry around 2 extra sets of gear in my inventory just...on principle, basically. I hate looking at it in my inventory. That's why I like legendary gear. The Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic takes salvaging a_ lot_ of gear to technically pay for the cost of itself, but I don't think many people would say it's not convenient. Besides, many people make legendary stuff for the aesthetic, not necessarily the convenience. So even if you want to argue it's not convenient, it's still not worthless. (Though the new runes/sigils are arguable)

As for the second part of your reply, I believe you edited that in while I was typing my reply on mobile and I didn't see it. Though I'm also not entirely sure what you mean by it, you can already stat swap legendaries. Unless you just mean that they might make it so you can stat swap all of them at once, which I wouldn't be opposed to. Though many builds don't want all the same stat combination on everything and I'd imagine it would just be easier to include gear in build templates and let you just pick what stats you want in that template once. I'm under the impression that they want these templates to work kinda like the PvP builds, where that also includes your stats. Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I can't imagine Anet isn't aware of how many people want gear to be included in the templates.

I also wasn't saying those were the same thing, I was simply saying that, currently, without any build templates, it's very tedious to stat swap all your legendary gear assuming you have a bunch of it, and that in its current state it is arguably more tedious than if you didn't have legendary gear and just right click equipped a different set of gear from your inventory. So having build templates that can switch the stats on legendary gear for you would ultimately make the gear more convenient than it currently is.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

> > > >

> > > And it wouldn't make the gear worthless. If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.

> >

> > What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment. The moment they add the auto-equip to the build templates, legendaries are nearly worthless.

> >

> >

> > >And the current way of individually stat changing every piece of legendary gear is arguably more tedious than just right click equipping different ascended gear. Templates will make legendary gear less tedious and continue to save inventory space.

> >

> > This is why I wrote:

> > "...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes."?

> > And "auto-legendary stat swap" is not the same as "auto-equip items from your inventory".

>

> Convenience is not the same thing as cost efficient. I genuinely don't care how many bag slots I have, I hate having to carry around 2 extra sets of gear in my inventory just...on principle, basically. I hate looking at it in my inventory.

I was answering to your "If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.". YOU tried to use a "bag slot" as an argument, not me.

"on principle, basically" isn't "convenience" btw. Hating looking at your inventory isn't one either. But I guess you're that kind of person, claiming something's an argument until you're shown it's not, then it's a matter of "principle". If that's the way you're making "arguments" then I'm out of this great conversation, because what's even the point -my previous posts definitely stand. o/

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

> > > > >

> > > > And it wouldn't make the gear worthless. If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.

> > >

> > > What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment. The moment they add the auto-equip to the build templates, legendaries are nearly worthless.

> > >

> > >

> > > >And the current way of individually stat changing every piece of legendary gear is arguably more tedious than just right click equipping different ascended gear. Templates will make legendary gear less tedious and continue to save inventory space.

> > >

> > > This is why I wrote:

> > > "...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes."?

> > > And "auto-legendary stat swap" is not the same as "auto-equip items from your inventory".

> >

> > Convenience is not the same thing as cost efficient. I genuinely don't care how many bag slots I have, I hate having to carry around 2 extra sets of gear in my inventory just...on principle, basically. I hate looking at it in my inventory.

>

> I was answering to your "If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.". YOU tried to use a "bag slot" as an argument, not me.

> "on principle, basically" isn't "convenience" btw. Hating looking at your inventory isn't one either. But I guess you're that kind of person, claiming something's an argument until you're shown it's not, then it's a matter of "principle". If that's the way you're making "arguments" then I'm out of this great conversation, because what's even the point -my previous posts definitely stand. o/

>

It is a convenience. You have extra bag space. And I wasn't arguing cost. You were arguing cost: "What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment."

Your initial statement was this:

"Doubt that will happen, it would make legendary equipment even more worthless."

Then you ignored everything I said explaining how that isn't necessarily true and nitpicked through the rest. But if you're making your arguments by ignoring mine, then I'm out of this great conversation, because what's even the point -my previous posts definitely stand.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > > Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

> > > > > >

> > > > > And it wouldn't make the gear worthless. If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.

> > > >

> > > > What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment. The moment they add the auto-equip to the build templates, legendaries are nearly worthless.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > >And the current way of individually stat changing every piece of legendary gear is arguably more tedious than just right click equipping different ascended gear. Templates will make legendary gear less tedious and continue to save inventory space.

> > > >

> > > > This is why I wrote:

> > > > "...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes."?

> > > > And "auto-legendary stat swap" is not the same as "auto-equip items from your inventory".

> > >

> > > Convenience is not the same thing as cost efficient. I genuinely don't care how many bag slots I have, I hate having to carry around 2 extra sets of gear in my inventory just...on principle, basically. I hate looking at it in my inventory.

> >

> > I was answering to your "If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.". YOU tried to use a "bag slot" as an argument, not me.

> > "on principle, basically" isn't "convenience" btw. Hating looking at your inventory isn't one either. But I guess you're that kind of person, claiming something's an argument until you're shown it's not, then it's a matter of "principle". If that's the way you're making "arguments" then I'm out of this great conversation, because what's even the point -my previous posts definitely stand. o/

> >

>

> It is a convenience. You have extra bag space. And I wasn't arguing cost. You were arguing cost: "What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment."

> Your initial statement was this:

> "Doubt that will happen, it would make legendary equipment even more worthless."

> Then you ignored everything I said explaining how that isn't necessarily true and nitpicked through the rest. But if you're making your arguments by ignoring mine, then I'm out of this great conversation, because what's even the point -my previous posts definitely stand.

Didn't nitpick anything, literally stopped reading when you tried using "it's a matter of principle" as an argument which was 3 sentences into your posts, lmao. Bag space (past some -easly achievable nonetheless- point) isn't convenience either. Also it's not just about the gold cost.

Now, after reading the rest of the post, I'm glad I didn't read it before and actually wish I still didn't this time, because when I wrote about legendary equipment, it was obivously within the context of the post, which was including it in the build templates. You added nothing. But hey, "it's a matter of principle" and you "don't like looking at the inventory" (but clicking on stats in a different window is "k").

At this point legendary gear is mostly pointless. If they introduce swapping gear from inventory into build templates, it (legendary eq) will be worthless.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > > > Yes, build templates are in the works. They probably won't change automatically just by loading into WvW, but hopefully they will let you change gear with a single click when they come out

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > And it wouldn't make the gear worthless. If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.

> > > > >

> > > > > What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment. The moment they add the auto-equip to the build templates, legendaries are nearly worthless.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > >And the current way of individually stat changing every piece of legendary gear is arguably more tedious than just right click equipping different ascended gear. Templates will make legendary gear less tedious and continue to save inventory space.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is why I wrote:

> > > > > "...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes."?

> > > > > And "auto-legendary stat swap" is not the same as "auto-equip items from your inventory".

> > > >

> > > > Convenience is not the same thing as cost efficient. I genuinely don't care how many bag slots I have, I hate having to carry around 2 extra sets of gear in my inventory just...on principle, basically. I hate looking at it in my inventory.

> > >

> > > I was answering to your "If the other gear sets have to sit in your inventory when it's not equipped, legedary armor still has the convenience there.". YOU tried to use a "bag slot" as an argument, not me.

> > > "on principle, basically" isn't "convenience" btw. Hating looking at your inventory isn't one either. But I guess you're that kind of person, claiming something's an argument until you're shown it's not, then it's a matter of "principle". If that's the way you're making "arguments" then I'm out of this great conversation, because what's even the point -my previous posts definitely stand. o/

> > >

> >

> > It is a convenience. You have extra bag space. And I wasn't arguing cost. You were arguing cost: "What convenience? Compare the cost of bag slots with the cost and time sink of legendary equipment."

> > Your initial statement was this:

> > "Doubt that will happen, it would make legendary equipment even more worthless."

> > Then you ignored everything I said explaining how that isn't necessarily true and nitpicked through the rest. But if you're making your arguments by ignoring mine, then I'm out of this great conversation, because what's even the point -my previous posts definitely stand.

>

> Didn't nitpick anything, literally stopped reading when you tried using "it's a matter of principle" as an argument which was 3 sentences into your posts, lmao. Bag space (past some -easly achievable nonetheless- point) isn't convenience either. Also it's not just about the gold cost.

>

> Now, after reading the rest of the post, I'm glad I didn't read it before and actually wish I still didn't this time, because when I wrote about legendary equipment, it was obivously within the context of the post, which was including it in the build templates. You added nothing. But hey, "it's a matter of principle" and you "don't like looking at the inventory" (but clicking on stats in a different window is "k").

>

> At this point legendary gear is mostly pointless. If they introduce swapping gear from inventory into build templates, it (legendary eq) will be worthless.

Just because you think extra bag space isn't convenient doesn't mean other people don't. And you can have max bag slots and legendary gear simultaneously, I'd still like to use the inventory space for more than lugging around extra gear that I wouldn't need if I have legendaries; if I want to have 4 different gear sets to switch between like I do on my ranger, that's up to 42 bag slots I can avoid having to waste on holding gear that could just be legendary gear. That's at least an entire bag slot consumed by nothing but gear. I'd personally rather have an extra 42 inventory spaces for things like identifying more unidentified gear at a time. I find that convenient. I also find it nice not having to see my other gear show up in vendors. And I find it convenient to not have to use invisible bags to prevent it from showing up in vendors and then making it a nuisance to deposit any stray materials or salvage any stray blues/greens that end up in the invisible bag. There's some examples to elaborate more past the "on principle" statement you feel a need to cling to. And my point that build templates with legendary gear would make stat selecting the individual pieces of legendary gear less tedious still stands, to me that does nothing but make legendary gear better by simply having build templates that function with it. If you're fine with your inventory being clogged with stuff that it doesn't have to be clogged with, fine. But that doesn't make legendary gear worthless to other people. Even with build templates.

AGAIN, that's why I wrote this:

"...or maybe they'll include the equipment stat change for legendary stuff, which would explain why they didn't implement templates before L.runes."

Also that's why this sentence starts with "...OR", go reread the whole post and try to understand the context this time.

Also, again, you added nothing -about legendary gear being included in build templates- to what I wrote, you just keep repeating what I already stated because you failed to understand what I wrote and somehow you thought I didn't know that we can manually swap stats on legendary gear. :lol:

And yes, if they'll include auto-equipment-changing-from-the-inventory, it'll make legendary equipment mostly obsolete and not worth the effort. The only way to do it is to include legendary stat swap in build templates and not include lower quality item swap. But hey, I hope you're right and they totally do it :lol: