Has anyone tried Griever's on GS Reaper yet?

Refia Montes.3205

I tested this myself with a Condi focus in mind. This was a comparison between an entirely grieving build and the hybrid sinister viper build used currently. While I'm able to hit 30k (barely) without food and epidemic instead of shadow fiend equipped for the viper build, I was only able to hit 26.5-27k with the grieving build.

While two of the major aspects that lend themselves to grievers gear: 100% crit chance from buffs and traits alone, and most of the damage coming from one condition type (bleed), the build doesn't do quite enough power damage as part of the standard rotation to justify it. Furthermore, while it is possible to currently get grieving gear from fractals/raids, the equivalent cost makes it not worth getting at the moment considering you can get the current build for more or less the same cost.

> @Exqq.7451 said:

> > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > Its sad when a Pure DMG set combo arrives and screams Reaper all over it with the stats and it still cant realy make reaper competitive in PvE T.T

>

> Expertise is overtuned as a stat. Nothing to be done about it.

In this case it's not about expertise being overtuned, it's about how much the build benefits from replacing some condi damage with bonus crit damage in the form of ferocity. Currently, a good estimate is that you'll need about 20% of your damage to be coming from power minimum to benefit from swapping out condi damage.

While Reaper does have some powerful hits, and can hit max crit with little to no investment in precision at all, you'd have to use extra gravediggers and intentionally change the rotation to make the power damage work, but you lose more condi damage then you gain power with this solution. The only two situations at the moment that would allow a stat type like this to thrive is if base necro/power reaper gets buffed in such a way to shift the power condi ratio, or a stat type is created which is power ferocity condition damage (but I have my doubts Anet would condense 3 different pure damage stats into one stat type)

> @Amerikajinn.4635 said:

> In this case it's not about expertise being overtuned, it's about how much the build benefits from replacing some condi damage with bonus crit damage in the form of ferocity. Currently, a good estimate is that you'll need about 20% of your damage to be coming from power minimum to benefit from swapping out condi damage.

On Reaper, Grieving should offer the best performance with somewhere between 22% and 72% power DPS, which is a very large window and only possible thanks to Necro's crit chance traits. This assumes single condi focus (bleeds) with just enough expertise to get to 100% bleed duration and 100% crit chance from personal and team boons. Sinister wins out below 22% and Berserker wins out above 72%.

To be clear, this is not saying that this is the most damaging option available to Reaper. This just looks like it would be the most damaging option within a given DPS distribution window when geared for bleeds. Gear for pure power or condi and you might end up with better overall results.

If you want to maximize more than one condi (e.g. burns from Dhuumfire), then things trend increasingly toward condi damage. You'll have to adjust a lot of gear to maintain high enough Expertise and that gear will give up power damage to get the condi duration you want.

> @mygamingid.5816 said:

> > @FrostDraco.8306 said:

> > I have leggy armor and raid stuff so i was able to test with greivers weps, trinkets and armor. It's not worth witha GS. Still does the same as the average full valk reaper.

>

> Did you run Krait runes with Agony & Malice Sigils?

I did krait runes, and then grenth runes.

Curses 3-1-2, spite1-1-2, reaper 2-3-2

It's fun to play, but its weaker than condi reaper, or minmaxed power.

i was actually trying to see if greiving would be good for power scourge.

spite, soul reaping, and scourge 1 2 2 you get burns on every sand shroud and torment that it makes anyway goes up.

I did a golem run with no armor at all and a dagger/warhorn. Burning and torment were about 20% of the damage so a grieving power scourge might actually be good enough to keep up with viper scourge.

need to get the rest of the gear to test out

> @Lexan.5930 said:

> i was actually trying to see if greiving would be good for power scourge.

>

> spite, soul reaping, and scourge 1 2 2 you get burns on every sand shroud and torment that it makes anyway goes up.

>

> I did a golem run with no armor at all and a dagger/warhorn. Burning and torment were about 20% of the damage so a grieving power scourge might actually be good enough to keep up with viper scourge.

>

> need to get the rest of the gear to test out

Interesting how would Rampager Gear mixed with Zerker Trinkets work since I don't think you can get Ascended anything for the new stats yet?

Lets say there is a way to get Ascended armor what do you use for the trinkets and weapons?

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @Lexan.5930 said:

> > i was actually trying to see if greiving would be good for power scourge.

> >

> > spite, soul reaping, and scourge 1 2 2 you get burns on every sand shroud and torment that it makes anyway goes up.

> >

> > I did a golem run with no armor at all and a dagger/warhorn. Burning and torment were about 20% of the damage so a grieving power scourge might actually be good enough to keep up with viper scourge.

> >

> > need to get the rest of the gear to test out

>

> Interesting how would Rampager Gear mixed with Zerker Trinkets work since I don't think you can get Ascended anything for the new stats yet?

>

> Lets say there is a way to get Ascended armor what do you use for the trinkets and weapons?

Rampager is, and has always been terrible stats for necro. Will people please stop suggesting this crap?

> @FrostDraco.8306 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @Lexan.5930 said:

> > > i was actually trying to see if greiving would be good for power scourge.

> > >

> > > spite, soul reaping, and scourge 1 2 2 you get burns on every sand shroud and torment that it makes anyway goes up.

> > >

> > > I did a golem run with no armor at all and a dagger/warhorn. Burning and torment were about 20% of the damage so a grieving power scourge might actually be good enough to keep up with viper scourge.

> > >

> > > need to get the rest of the gear to test out

> >

> > Interesting how would Rampager Gear mixed with Zerker Trinkets work since I don't think you can get Ascended anything for the new stats yet?

> >

> > Lets say there is a way to get Ascended armor what do you use for the trinkets and weapons?

>

> Rampager is, and has always been terrible stats for necro. Will people please stop suggesting this crap?

Where did I suggest it, did you actually read my comment because if you had you would have clearly seen I was asking a question and not suggesting anything?

> > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > > @Lexan.5930 said:

> > > > i was actually trying to see if greiving would be good for power scourge.

> > > >

> > > > spite, soul reaping, and scourge 1 2 2 you get burns on every sand shroud and torment that it makes anyway goes up.

> > > >

> > > > I did a golem run with no armor at all and a dagger/warhorn. Burning and torment were about 20% of the damage so a grieving power scourge might actually be good enough to keep up with viper scourge.

> > > >

> > > > need to get the rest of the gear to test out

> > >

> > > Interesting how would Rampager Gear mixed with Zerker Trinkets work since I don't think you can get Ascended anything for the new stats yet?

> > >

> > > Lets say there is a way to get Ascended armor what do you use for the trinkets and weapons?

> >

> > Rampager is, and has always been terrible stats for necro. Will people please stop suggesting this crap?

>

> Where did I suggest it, did you actually read my comment because if you had you would have clearly seen I was asking a question and not suggesting anything?

On the plus side you have your answer. Don't use Rampagers ^^

> @Khailyn.6248 said:

> As far as I'm aware from searching often, no one has been able to find the recipe for grievers insignia or inscription to test this outside of pvp.

Currently the way to test this outside of pvp is by stat swapping legendary gear, and taking a slight loss in stats with exotic tier trinkets that can be purchased from a vendor.

> > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > > @Lexan.5930 said:

> > > > i was actually trying to see if greiving would be good for power scourge.

> > > >

> > > > spite, soul reaping, and scourge 1 2 2 you get burns on every sand shroud and torment that it makes anyway goes up.

> > > >

> > > > I did a golem run with no armor at all and a dagger/warhorn. Burning and torment were about 20% of the damage so a grieving power scourge might actually be good enough to keep up with viper scourge.

> > > >

> > > > need to get the rest of the gear to test out

> > >

> > > Interesting how would Rampager Gear mixed with Zerker Trinkets work since I don't think you can get Ascended anything for the new stats yet?

> > >

> > > Lets say there is a way to get Ascended armor what do you use for the trinkets and weapons?

> >

> > Rampager is, and has always been terrible stats for necro. Will people please stop suggesting this crap?

>

> Where did I suggest it, did you actually read my comment because if you had you would have clearly seen I was asking a question and not suggesting anything?

Apparently you don't read your own questions. When you ask a question, you mean to tell me you ask knowing the answer already? Or were you somehow hoping rampager would be decent? Because in order to ask that question, you would have had to think that....Otherwise you would not have even asked said question.

There is a suggestion in the question itself. I never said your question was a statement, but it is suggestive.

> @Sojourner.4621 said:

> > @Khailyn.6248 said:

> > As far as I'm aware from searching often, no one has been able to find the recipe for grievers insignia or inscription to test this outside of pvp.

>

> Currently the way to test this outside of pvp is by stat swapping legendary gear, and taking a slight loss in stats with exotic tier trinkets that can be purchased from a vendor.

Wvw asc armor, pvp asc armor, fractal asc armor, legendary precursor armor (easy to make if you raid every week), and raid armor unlocked from the raid wings (assualters weps, armors, trinkets), all have greivers stats.

I already geared a firebrand using a combination of these methods along with a backpeice from the story collections.