Does purchasing PoF come with HoT?

I've tried searching the forums and ultimately have seen mixed responses so I figured I'd ask here.

I've been playing with a friend of mine who has been using a free/trial account. He is interested in buying and playing more of the game. I have two questions:

1. Does buying an expansion give you the "base" game as well? (ex. more than 2 character slots)

2. Does buying PoF also give you access to HoT content? Or must both expansions be purchased separately for access to things like HoT elite specializations?

Thank you

When you purchase any expansion you get the core game fully unlocked (restrictions lifted about 4 days after purchase) and you indeed get some more character slots, a lvl 80 booster, etc. The PoF expansion does not give you access to the HoT content as this will need you to have the HoT expansion.

Basically its as follow:

- Hot Expansion (Hot maps, raids, guild hall, gliding and access to living world season 3 (keep in mind you have to buy said living world season seperatly in gem store as they are not included*).

- PoF expansion (Pof maps, mounts, access to living world season 4 (keep in mind you have to buy said living world season seperatly in gem store as they are not included*)

* You can purchase these episodes with gold to gems conversion in game and if you logged in during the period of introduction you got it for free so you may have some unlocked already.

When you purchase either expansion you have the option to add another expansion on top as a combo (this is cheaper than purchase them seperatly). It is also very possible that with GW2 anniversary there may be a discount of even up to 50% to get expacs (incl the combo), that is somewhere in August.

Hope this helps you out :)