Soulbeast is weak

Archon.6480

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > Have fun killing anyone with bear transformation lolz.

>

> That don't prevent the weapon set usage unlike reaper's/death shroud. Its not like you'll go biting to death foes..

>

> > Yep you get your resistance, hurray, with long cd and no damage.

>

> And a 3s cd Damage immunity, it could be handy in many situations

>

>

> > You think Spellbreaker works only cuz of sustain? Their Full Counter doing 8k Aoe damage, aoe stun, and transfer 5 conditions bombed by Scourge to the enemy's team , with so many access to resistance and large passive healing while dodging/ blocking is the main reason why they're so strong.

>

> No, and I don't read anywhere where you could have read so. Soulbeast don't play as SB and comparing it to a dedicated PvP class is like to compare a PvP reaper with a PvP scrapper.

Your theory of Bear Soulbeast will work only when they add in swap pet during beast mode, or removal of Soulbeast unmerged CD, or else you'd be stuck with Bear for too long to do anything meaningful within the time you get access to resistance.

Sure it can work in WvW because there'll be someone covering you up, and your personal dps doesn't matter cuz other can carry you, but in pvp you're just a liability with low pressure and still subpar sustain.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> No, and I don't read anywhere where you could have read so. Soulbeast don't play as SB and comparing it to a dedicated PvP class is like to compare a PvP reaper with a PvP scrapper.

Dedicated? Well it feels dedicated atm, but there shouldnt be "dedicated" PvP classes and PvE classes. Builds maybe, but not entire class.

> @Aomine.5012 said:

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > Have fun killing anyone with bear transformation lolz.

> >

> > That don't prevent the weapon set usage unlike reaper's/death shroud. Its not like you'll go biting to death foes..

> >

> > > Yep you get your resistance, hurray, with long cd and no damage.

> >

> > And a 3s cd Damage immunity, it could be handy in many situations

> >

> >

> > > You think Spellbreaker works only cuz of sustain? Their Full Counter doing 8k Aoe damage, aoe stun, and transfer 5 conditions bombed by Scourge to the enemy's team , with so many access to resistance and large passive healing while dodging/ blocking is the main reason why they're so strong.

> >

> > No, and I don't read anywhere where you could have read so. Soulbeast don't play as SB and comparing it to a dedicated PvP class is like to compare a PvP reaper with a PvP scrapper.

>

> Your theory of Bear Soulbeast will work only when they add in swap pet during beast mode, or removal of Soulbeast unmerged CD, or else you'd be stuck with Bear for too long to do anything meaningful within the time you get access to resistance.

>

> Sure it can work in WvW because there'll be someone covering you up, and your personal dps doesn't matter cuz other can carry you, but in pvp you're just a liability with low pressure and still subpar sustain.

My vote goes to make twice as vicious also refresh Beast Mode on pet swap. A 5%p+5%c modifier for 4 seconds is kinda poor, more effects are needed.

Bear's heal+resistance is mainly for buy time for Bear's Stance to restore huge HP to the Soul Beast and the allies within range with a traited Leader of the Pack.

Essence of Speed can turn the resistance from a "meh" to an "ok" duration with Agility sigil (I use it like this).

Its not like sustained damage isn't important but burst is better for PvP, sure in a WvW zerg you'll be running another build.

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > No, and I don't read anywhere where you could have read so. Soulbeast don't play as SB and comparing it to a dedicated PvP class is like to compare a PvP reaper with a PvP scrapper.

>

> Dedicated? Well it feels dedicated atm, but there shouldnt be "dedicated" PvP classes and PvE classes. Builds maybe, but not entire class.

I feel the same but that is, a dedicated PvP e-spec.

Soulbeast is an exceptional unique status, it's to buggy, unfinished, premature, unpolished, for us to even judge if it's weak or strong. Kinda reminds me revenants at their first beta weekend release. It's not ready for the PvP forum, after A.net will complete development for this specialization, we can discuss about it's place and performance at the pvp environment and meta. Lots of discussion on the ranger forum, you are welcome to contribute.

> @LughLongArm.5460 said:

> Soulbeast is an exceptional unique status, it's to buggy, unfinished, premature, unpolished, for us to even judge if it's weak or strong. Kinda reminds me revenants at their first beta weekend release. It's not ready for the PvP forum, after A.net will complete development for this specialization, we can discuss about it's place and performance at the pvp environment and meta. Lots of discussion on the ranger forum, you are welcome to contribute.

Yeah, well, they should have finished the spec before selling it to their players.

Anyway, Soulbeast in PvP right now is a bit of a gimmick. It can be pretty strong, but only because everything revolves around Scourges (which Soulbeasts can take down from long range pretty easily on certain maps). As soon as it's possible to contest a Scourge-held point with a bruiser without instantly melting, that niche will disappear.

> @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > @LughLongArm.5460 said:

> > Soulbeast is an exceptional unique status, it's to buggy, unfinished, premature, unpolished, for us to even judge if it's weak or strong. Kinda reminds me revenants at their first beta weekend release. It's not ready for the PvP forum, after A.net will complete development for this specialization, we can discuss about it's place and performance at the pvp environment and meta. Lots of discussion on the ranger forum, you are welcome to contribute.

>

> Yeah, well, they should have finished the spec before selling it to their players.

They had a deadline. It's obvious. The expac is grossly unfinished.