Icebrood Saga - New Mastery

The Icebrood Saga will introduce a new mastery line exploring the Norn Spirits of the Wild with the first one being the raven spirit. With the Icebrood Saga episodes occurring in the Far Shiverpeaks and the Blood Legion Homelands, I'm wondering whether a new type of mastery point will be required to unlock the new mastery line or will we be able to use our supply of Central Tyria mastery points to unlock the new mastery? If a new mastery point will be required, I believe it would be a good gesture to allow veteran Guild Wars 2 players to apply their unused Central Tyria mastery points to unlock masteries in later Icebrood Saga episodes.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Why would it be Core Tyria Mastery Points?

In terms of lore and geography, the locales in the upcoming Season are linked to Central Tyria. Also, we already have a precedent with WvW Proofs of Heroics being available to use to complete hero challenges in Central Tyria and Heart of Maguuma. How is currency from WvW, a different game mode, related to these PvE hero challenges?

> @"Hellcop.4981" said:

> I just hope some of the mastery skills can be used outside of the new map. I really have very little desire to grind mastery points for something that can only be used in one map.

I totally agree with this comment. I have no interest in replaying the story just to acquire mastery points. Hopefully, we will not see mastery tracks like Nuhoch Alchemy or Adrenal Mushroom that require 12 mastery points each to complete and are of little value.