Male Charr Voice

Blur.3465

I've noticed that there has been a change with the male Charr voice for the player character, compared to the 'old voice' the new one reeaaaaaally puts me off and completely kills my focus on the story. This is primarily because the new voice-over has way too much bass added to it. Rytlock sounds way more natural than the player Charr.

Sometimes the voice will become too 'dimmed' , hardly even hearable due to so much bass. When the player Charr dialogue ends and when other NPCs start talking, it feels like a relief for ears...

While I do understand that Charr need to sound menacing, I feel this is a little way over the top. I kind of expected player Charr voice to sound like Pyre/Rytlock or similar to that, not choked by so much bass.

The voice definitely needs some clearing, so it's not so 'dimmed' and choked compared to the rest of the voices.

I had to get this off of my chest, because I really have a hard time doing all the living stories with my Charr and having to put up with the voice that is just waaaaaaay too deep and 'unclear'.

I hope I am not the only one having this issue, but heck the old voice was much better and clearer.

> @"Blur.3465" said:

> I've noticed that there has been a change with the male Charr voice for the player character, compared to the 'old voice' the new one reeaaaaaally puts me off and completely kills my focus on the story.

Ditto. The same goes for the new male Norn PC voice. They are using voice morph to make the voices deeper, and it is too much, it doesn't sound natural anymore. It is indeed off-putting, especially the overuse of that garnly effect in the Charr's voice. Sometimes less is more.

Oh, it's not just the male PC that got downgraded. Almorra and Rox sound like dog dump too. Only the female PC got an upgrade because the new actor sounds almost exactly like the old one but actually conveys emotion.

For male PC and Rox, it sounds like instead of just talking normally and letting the audio processing handle the rest, they put on very obviously fake "tough guy" impressions. On top of that, current male PC just carries no energy. There's a lot to be said about that delivery of the old "WAAHOOO!"

Almorra's is just plain completely mismatched both in voice and tone but not bad on its own merit.This voice would have been better off as a different character.

So true! A lot of voices got morphed and changed to worse, just to make them sound 'tougher'.

I really hope ANet does something about it and makes voices sound more natural and 'clear'.

It's really a pain having to listen to the male Charr voice through LS... x__x