Playable NPC’s

Ossyrana.1637

I watched Log Horizon recently, and not only do I so badly wish Elder Tales were a real game lol... I think it’d be so cool and fun to be able to play as one of our very own People of the Land. Either have them as their own race standing next to the others in character creation, or select human and then have the next page be to choose Krytan vs. Canthan vs. Elonian, followed by the male/female screen, or have it be an added story choice alongside parents/sister/circus which would obviously forgo the normal Zhaitan story for the new one. It’s the same concept I’ve always felt would work for Tengu being playable. Anet shouldn’t feel like adding any race has to mean they have to go through the same story. Canthans, Elonians, Tengu, Kodan, Hylek, and who/whatever else can have their own story with their own completely different timeline set whenever it’d make sense for them to join the team lore-wise. I’d love to learn more about their culture up close, see through their eyes, immerse myself in their world to feel like I live where and how they do, and have them as part of my crew/family.

Cantha may still be overrun with horrors that kept infecting more and more of the people, degraded to the point that there’s only a handful left and you have to watch every corner you turn to survive the apocalyptic downtown shanties. Could be that no one was ever been able to escape because of the unfit king sealing all entrances to keep purity in and the impure out, and eventually he got infected or died and there’s been no rule or order since then. It’d feel so intense to play in that kind of risky, bold, daring, factionless life on the edge!

And with Elona... I know it’s too late for it, but... we could make a villager who’s rebelling against Joko, resisting the Awakened, escaping the Firebrand, and striving to find refuge in Amnoon... maybe also make a living for themselves on the farms (please give me chickens!!!) or at the temple.

It’d be so awesome! ?