Twice as Vicious: The Return of Longbow #4

Diak Atoli.2085

> @Anuviel.9216 said:

> After playing around with both for the past hour I prefer the feel of the axe/warhorn. How does soulbeast compare to beastmastery for dps? (Assuming other 2 are skirmishing and nature magic)

Youre making the right call. Axe/Warhorn is currently the strongest option for when you have to go ranged and youre playing solo, due to tue infinite Might and Fury.

Aomine is the better expert on Soulbeast since I cant stand playing it let alone benchmarking it, but as long as you have Skirmishing and Nature Magic, you are good to go.

Right now I am running Skirmishing, Nature Magic and Beastmastery and its working great for open world.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Anuviel.9216 said:

> After playing around with both for the past hour I prefer the feel of the axe/warhorn. How does soulbeast compare to beastmastery for dps? (Assuming other 2 are skirmishing and nature magic)

I'd give it some more time than 1 hour mate, but choose whatever you like the best.

> @Lome.8239 said:

> > @Anuviel.9216 said:

> > After playing around with both for the past hour I prefer the feel of the axe/warhorn. How does soulbeast compare to beastmastery for dps? (Assuming other 2 are skirmishing and nature magic)

>

> Youre making the right call. Axe/Warhorn is currently the strongest option for when you have to go ranged and youre playing solo, due to tue infinite Might and Fury.

>

> Aomine is the better expert on Soulbeast since I cant stand playing it let alone benchmarking it, but as long as you have Skirmishing and Nature Magic, you are good to go.

>

> Right now I am running Skirmishing, Nature Magic and Beastmastery and its working great for open world.

As I have explained multiple times, LB with 5 might out damages Axe with 25 might in a zerker build, please stop misinforming people. Sure, Nature Magic is good for other things like boons on your pet, but for outright damage it is not the strongest option.

It's just my initial feel. I'm still using both. It's hard to judge without benchmarks - for me at least. While LB might be a higher damage weapon I don't think it's wise to discount having all those boons on your pet. I think it could possibly bump your damage above LB with marks line.

I also like that you can take spirit trait in nature magic and use frost spirit when doing metas and events.

> @Anuviel.9216 said:

> It's just my initial feel. I'm still using both. It's hard to judge without benchmarks - for me at least. While LB might be a higher damage weapon I don't think it's wise to discount having all those boons on your pet. I think it could possibly bump your damage above LB with marks line.

>

> I also like that you can take spirit trait in nature magic and use frost spirit when doing metas and events.

I would/will be happy to do extensive testing when I can, but I won't be able to login for another 6 weeks, but will do so then. Until then, you can always go to the special training area in the raid hub and test it yourself.

The pet does pretty poor damage, even when fully buffed (plus quickness doesn't affect most of them), particularly if you are changing targets a lot.

Yeah, if it's meta events, I definitely take Nature Magic and some spirits for a little more support.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @Anuviel.9216 said:

> > After playing around with both for the past hour I prefer the feel of the axe/warhorn. How does soulbeast compare to beastmastery for dps? (Assuming other 2 are skirmishing and nature magic)

>

> I'd give it some more time than 1 hour mate, but choose whatever you like the best.

>

> > @Lome.8239 said:

> > > @Anuviel.9216 said:

> > > After playing around with both for the past hour I prefer the feel of the axe/warhorn. How does soulbeast compare to beastmastery for dps? (Assuming other 2 are skirmishing and nature magic)

> >

> > Youre making the right call. Axe/Warhorn is currently the strongest option for when you have to go ranged and youre playing solo, due to tue infinite Might and Fury.

> >

> > Aomine is the better expert on Soulbeast since I cant stand playing it let alone benchmarking it, but as long as you have Skirmishing and Nature Magic, you are good to go.

> >

> > Right now I am running Skirmishing, Nature Magic and Beastmastery and its working great for open world.

>

> As I have explained multiple times, LB with 5 might out damages Axe with 25 might in a zerker build, please stop misinforming people. Sure, Nature Magic is good for other things like boons on your pet, but for outright damage it is not the strongest option.

Here are some benchmarks with 25 might and perma fury.

Longbow with VQ benchmark is about 17-18k at max range dps

Axe/Wh VQ benchmark is 17.5k-18.5k dps

Longbow doesnt give you perma fury. Axe/Wh does.

Longbow needs to be at max range to compete. Axe/Wh does not.

Longbow needs to spec into Marksmanship, a poor traitline for OW, to maintain Might, and Axe/Wh does not.

Longbow needs to spec into MM and take suboptimal trait to hit more than 1 target. Axe/Wh does not.

Sword/Axe VQ benchmarks about 23k dps and Greatsword is worse than ranged weapons at about 16.5k-17.5k dps for those wondering.

@Lome.8239 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Anuviel.9216 said:

> > > After playing around with both for the past hour I prefer the feel of the axe/warhorn. How does soulbeast compare to beastmastery for dps? (Assuming other 2 are skirmishing and nature magic)

> >

> > I'd give it some more time than 1 hour mate, but choose whatever you like the best.

> >

> > > @Lome.8239 said:

> > > > @Anuviel.9216 said:

> > > > After playing around with both for the past hour I prefer the feel of the axe/warhorn. How does soulbeast compare to beastmastery for dps? (Assuming other 2 are skirmishing and nature magic)

> > >

> > > Youre making the right call. Axe/Warhorn is currently the strongest option for when you have to go ranged and youre playing solo, due to tue infinite Might and Fury.

> > >

> > > Aomine is the better expert on Soulbeast since I cant stand playing it let alone benchmarking it, but as long as you have Skirmishing and Nature Magic, you are good to go.

> > >

> > > Right now I am running Skirmishing, Nature Magic and Beastmastery and its working great for open world.

> >

> > As I have explained multiple times, LB with 5 might out damages Axe with 25 might in a zerker build, please stop misinforming people. Sure, Nature Magic is good for other things like boons on your pet, but for outright damage it is not the strongest option.

>

> Here are some benchmarks with 25 might and perma fury.

>

> Longbow with VQ benchmark is about 17-18k at max range dps

>

> Axe/Wh VQ benchmark is 17.5k-18.5k dps

>

> Longbow doesnt give you perma fury. Axe/Wh does.

>

> Longbow needs to be at max range to compete. Axe/Wh does not.

>

> Longbow needs to spec into Marksmanship, a poor traitline for OW, to maintain Might, and Axe/Wh does not.

>

> Longbow needs to spec into MM and take suboptimal trait to hit more than 1 target. Axe/Wh does not.

>

> Sword/Axe VQ benchmarks about 23k dps and Greatsword is worse than ranged weapons at about 16.5k-17.5k dps for those wondering.

Can you show a video of this please because it seems mathematically impossible.

I can get perma fury with my LB build.

LRS with zero might and at maximum range does more damage than Ricochet with 25 might.

LRS from 500+ range does more damage with 5 might than Ricochet does with 25 might.

I'd be using LtW so the AA speed is the same and the CD reduction of skill #3 is the same, Rapid Fire does 4650 damage at zero might, Winter's Bite does 1867 with 25 might.

Please link your exact build, I'm going to calculate the possible damages because it makes no sense what you are saying.

Edit: I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if I am, but I can't see how it's possible with the build I linked earlier.

• 2 months later...

> @"Aomine.5012" said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Spartyr.6795 said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > @Spartyr.6795 said:

> > > > > >@Lome.8239 said:

> > > > > > With Axe/WH and Nature Magic you and your pet can have permanent Fury and 25 Might when solo. With Longbow you can not, and you do less damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry to interject here, but since it’s been mentioned a few times in this thread, could you share the build/rotation for the perma fury and 25 might stacks?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You just AA, use WH5 off CD, have Nature Magic traited for Fortifying Bond and use We Heal As One off CD to generate boons.

> > >

> > > Thanks. Is there any way you can think of to do this without using our heal (WHaO) on cooldown?

> >

> > You can be Soulbeast, meld, SotP, Barrage, Rapid Fire and a few AAs will stack you to 25 might. When the duration is getting low you can use WHaO to duplicate. Other than that, there is no real way of maintaining 25 might indefinitely, unless you are using boon duration and a might stack setup. Strength runes/sigil, Companion's Might, Nature Magic, Hunter's Gaze, SotP will get you a lot of might, but still requires the use of WHaO to copy from the pet to you.

>

> It's easy to keep 25 stacks self might permanently with Axe - wh + rune of strength, grabbing nature magic and use we heal as one.

> Try it yourself.

>

> You don't need anything else. (Doesn't need all those redundant traits you mentioned)

>

> If you grab Soulbeast, you can self stack 25 mights out of combat with Fresh Reinforcement.

> But you don't need it if you're in combat btw. (Use warhorn 5, auto attack 3~4 times to get to 8 might yourself -> we heal as one = 25 might)

Do you have a link to your build or did I just miss it in the thread?