Thanks for the rock shirt and emotes (dance ones and rockout)

Crab Fear.1624

> @"Kaliwenda.3428" said:

> Dude, you need a motorcycle skin for your roller beetle. Make it happen, Anet!

You literally read my mind, my friend!:) Exactly! I was even going to make a topic a couple of days ago with this request in the forum, but something was distracted ... The motorcycle skin would be great! I would even make a collection for the beetle for the sake of it (until now somehow my hands have not reached:).

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > I hope you keep adding simple cloth and armor skins like this as well as more emotes.

> > >

> > > I like casual styles like this:

> > >

> > > Hope some sneakers coming soon.

> >

> > I hope not. While I love the design per se and have turned my ranger into a "biker" rocker for the time being (it's fun), I don't want any more breaking of immersion by designs that have no place in this game. We already have the weirdest design choices, please don't add more, I'm begging you, ANet!

> >

> > P.S. @"Crab Fear.1624": Your character looks like she is going to fall over any moment. ;)

>

> Anet has made it very clear that GW2 is more modernized. The rock bands, mosh pits, pizza, burgers, grilling, sunglasses, Black Lion Trading banks, the IPAD looking devices asura have. It's not gw1 anymore, we are beyond the medieval, grimdark point of the story, let the world modernize as such.

It's still breaking immersion when you combine not only different eras that lie centuries apart but also different genres in addition. That's an awful thing to do, it lacks class and - most of all - good taste.

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > Dante: Do the concert achieves, it unlocks the ability to buy it from the map vendor for some gold and 200 map currency. You can also get it by collecting all the parts of Merchandise Collector, but that's way harder.

> >

> > I just wish there were heavy armor regular pants for guys. My slacker guardian neeeeds grungy trousers. Best I can do is worn chain leggings dyed black to minimize the metal skirt part.

> Is this in living story 4?

>

It's in the current new Prologue to the Saga. So technically the start of LS5, if they're still calling it that like they did when announcing LS4 would then move straight into LS5.

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> I am trying to unlock that... but am having issues with the fireworks. I pick them up and use them. But how do I aim at the targets? I see no cursor. I have tried it 3 times now, and still not completed the fireworks. Am I missing something simple, or is it dumb luck?

You're automatically put into [Action Camera Mode](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Action_Camera_Mode "Action Camera Mode") - look for a tiny white spot in the middle of your screen and aim with it at the targets in the sky.

> @"Thalimae.3406" said:

> > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > I am trying to unlock that... but am having issues with the fireworks. I pick them up and use them. But how do I aim at the targets? I see no cursor. I have tried it 3 times now, and still not completed the fireworks. Am I missing something simple, or is it dumb luck?

>

> You're automatically put into [Action Camera Mode](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Action_Camera_Mode "Action Camera Mode") - look for a tiny white spot in the middle of your screen and aim with it at the targets in the sky.

Never heard of it... I will look closer next time to see if I can see it. Sure miss the big targeting icons we used to have (like shooting cannons and such).

Bedtime now... will try tomorrow. Thanks :)

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > @"Thalimae.3406" said:

> > > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > > I am trying to unlock that... but am having issues with the fireworks. I pick them up and use them. But how do I aim at the targets? I see no cursor. I have tried it 3 times now, and still not completed the fireworks. Am I missing something simple, or is it dumb luck?

> >

> > You're automatically put into [Action Camera Mode](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Action_Camera_Mode "Action Camera Mode") - look for a tiny white spot in the middle of your screen and aim with it at the targets in the sky.

>

> Never heard of it... I will look closer next time to see if I can see it. Sure miss the big targeting icons we used to have (like shooting cannons and such).

> Bedtime now... will try tomorrow. Thanks :)

Good luck! I had the same issue like you with the fireworks achievement and it took me ages to remember ACM. Once I found the little dot in the middle to aim at the targets it worked. :D

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > How did you aquire that?

>

> I obtained it through the WVW reward track but you can buy it from the chili vendor (after completing the concert achievement). It isn't advisable to get the weapons + expensive tradable armor pieces just for the T-shirt.

I still have no idea where that vendor is.. I'm still battling through living story 3 because its so hard i went on to Pof instead.

I do agree with others the modern stuff really feels out of place but each to their own i guess..Strangely the Asura tech doesn't feel wrong to me no idea why.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > I hope you keep adding simple cloth and armor skins like this as well as more emotes.

> >

> > I like casual styles like this:

> >

> > Hope some sneakers coming soon.

>

> I hope not. While I love the design per se and have turned my ranger into a "biker" rocker for the time being (it's fun), I don't want any more breaking of immersion by designs that have no place in this game. We already have the weirdest design choices, please don't add more, I'm begging you, ANet!

>

> P.S. @"Crab Fear.1624": Your character looks like she is going to fall over any moment. ;)

if there is anything GW2 lacks from the moment it got a closed beta it is immersion, don't hold your breath on getting any from Anet any time soon.

• 7 months later...

I really don't understand what kind of immersion you guys are looking for. This isn't lord of the rings or star wars. this is guild wars 2, we got hi-tech asurans, baroque humans, steampunk charrs we got organic architecture, middle eastern style buildings, we have medieval European and Turkish architecture. viking and northern European style structures too. we got robots, we got cowboy costumes, we got realistic places, surreal places, like whatever the hell that asteroid place was. oh, and kormir's library. we're riding dragons and shooting lasers to each other.

and you're worried about t shirts.

worry about horses.

where are the horses...

I do feel it is a out of place clothing item. I mean even if we do have concerts, machines, and many things, in clothing style it's still pretty classical fantasy. And this just looks like a regular t shirt from out world and Era. Not a big issue, but I wish it was done in a way closer to the games fashion guidelines.

What was the reasoning behind taking out the original "street clothes" years ago? I remember having some shorts, and I think some sort of vest-top that I loved....but then they were removed and I got an ugly outfit as compensation :(

Now they're adding things back into game..which is nice, but I still miss the original items.