Gear Customization, and Jeweler 500.

Jeweler should be able to enhance ascended gear with 'Facets' above 400, and once at 500, should be able to enhance legendary.

Facets allow for a customizable second stat selection.

Here's an example of how it would work. We'll take Grieving Chest Piece as an example.

121 power

121 condition damage

67 precision

67 ferocity

When 'Faceting' a piece of gear, you choose one primary and secondary stat and swap the values. Giving you something like this

67 power

121 condition damage

67 precision

121 ferocity

Once a piece of equipment has been 'Faceted' you may swap back and forth between those two stat sets, while out of combat.

If a legendary is faceted, once stats are selected, you can click in a fresh facet each time you reselect stats.

Facet swapping would become a standard part of in game build templates.

The way I imagine it, each facet should require some fractal specific drops, some raid specific drops, some world boss drops, and some meta event currency.

They could have different recipes based on what stat sets they effect. (malicious facet, assaulter's facet, and so on)

What do you guys think?

Good? Bad? Ugly?

> @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> So basically you'd be able to have a piece of Berserker's gear that you can change into Assassin's whenever you like?

Or primary stat Ferocity. Which normally doesn't exist.

Or take plaguedoctor, primary condition and vitality, secondary expertise, precision. And swap vitality and expertise.

So yes, it could be berserker to assassin. Also allows for stat sets that don't exist.

Faceting seems weird for a few reasons though.

1) If they later introduce a stat type that matches one of your facets, it'll feel like a waste of resources.

2) Jewelcrafting shouldn't be faceting armour or weapons. It's not a discipline made for those things.

3) There are no circumstances I can see in which I would actually want to pay whatever the cost is to facet something. You're juggling a few stat points around, but not by much. Certainly not enough to change your playstyle.

I agree with your first point quite a bit.

However, the idea of 'facets' is a jewlcutting term, and the idea is that even the most ledgendary weapons and armor can still have more bling. So, at least in my mind it would be the jewlcrafter working on finished armor. But still not making armor.

I think that last point is cart before the horse. There's lots of stat sets not chosen at all because they have primary and secondary reversed from what we'd like to see. And I know all my healer builds would have a much better stat distribution. I'd also have much finer control over exactly how much expertise and concentration I have, and just how many points of precision are "wasted" by over capping crit....

Bassicly it's not supposed to add new playstyles really. (outside of what it does for healing gear) it's supposed to be a fine tuning tool.

Sounds cool, but not very compatible with our actual prefixes system. I'd rather use this "facet" idea as a new way to change ascended armour prefixes instead of the mystic forge recipe, thus letting us keep upgrades and infusions on the equipment.

A new system where all ascended you get could be fully customizable (3 or 4 or all stats + selecting the primary and secondary attributes) sounds really great, but should not be attached to a specific crafting skill.

Yeah, honestly I don't like connecting it to crafting... It's just that there's nothing in Jeweler 4-500... Seemed like an easy place to add it in.

But yeah, I was aiming at the idea of 'mystic forge it, without loosing anything' just, also a way to subtly differentiate it. It does play with the naming scheme... My answer to this, is change the name of the item when equipping either facet. So, let's say you had a ' Faceded Grieving Breastplate of the Litch'. And you swapped ferocity and power, now it would read 'Faceted Ferocious Grieving Breastplate of the Litch.' and there would be a little pair of check boxes (like the hide armor skin boxes) on the icon in hero panel (and in inventory) with that can click it from one to the other, right on the icon. Once you choose a stat swap, it. "sets the facet" and you'd have to facet it again, or mystic forge it to get more options.

Perhaps Faceded Legendary should build-a--stat. It would make a reason to get legendary for specific and strange builds.

I dunno, I'm not 100% sold on my own idea, I just want ways to fine tune the gear sets more. It would unlock all sorts of hybrid builds. Which, I can imagine, would only be good for the game.