PvE updates free...

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.

> Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also _won't use the build templates_. Because they _won't_ be using more than one build.

> Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

I'm fairly sure build/equip templates are made with every player in mind. Not just the Astralporings of players.

There's space being made across the whole game for the builds and templates of all the players, not just a certain kind of player you think is the intended audience.

So arenanet has to find a balance between whats comfortable for most players, with some incentive to buy more if youre really interested in saving your builds.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> The upcoming feature _is for free_. Three build & two equipment templates per character should be enough for WvW, no? (It'll even be six build templates for free at release, so...) I don't get why you insist that WvW players _have to_ pay for their content when they don't.

this is on top of the fact you can just convert gold to gems and not pay a dime on it

> @"C Cspace Cowboy.5903" said:

> Why is it that every content update PvE has gotten since PoF has been free, but every update WvW has gotten has been monetized?

>

> Warclaw mount? Skins. Gliders? Skins. Nothing else. Nothing.

>

> How many updates has PvE gotten for free since PoF? Seven living world episodes. Seven new maps. How many fractals? How many Raids?

>

> The one FREE thing that WvW users use, build templates from Arcdps, and yall are taking it and monetizing it, and shutting down our free version.

>

> GG Anet.

>

> Not another penny.

what did you all expect? You WvWers dont even know what you all want.

you all cry about balance balance balance, and thats free, yet you ignore that.

I want WvW Content and new gameplay, but most of you all dont want that in WvW. So what are you all crying about? I dont get it

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.

> > Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also _won't use the build templates_. Because they _won't_ be using more than one build.

> > Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

>

> I'm fairly sure build/equip templates are made with every player in mind. Not just the Astralporings of players.

Yes, i am sure they are made with an average player in mind. You know, that player that uses only one build, and often doesn't even care or know what build it is.

And they definitely weren't made for players that were running multiple builds and cared about those builds, that's for sure.

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.

> > > Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also _won't use the build templates_. Because they _won't_ be using more than one build.

> > > Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

> >

> > I'm fairly sure build/equip templates are made with every player in mind. Not just the Astralporings of players.

> Yes, i am sure they are made with an average player in mind. You know, that player that uses only one build, and often doesn't even care or know what build it is.

> And they definitely weren't made for players that were running multiple builds and cared about those builds, that's for sure.

>

With that in mind, then the three build templates per character is almost excessive. Since average joe only needs one build.

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.

> > > > Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also _won't use the build templates_. Because they _won't_ be using more than one build.

> > > > Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

> > >

> > > I'm fairly sure build/equip templates are made with every player in mind. Not just the Astralporings of players.

> > Yes, i am sure they are made with an average player in mind. You know, that player that uses only one build, and often doesn't even care or know what build it is.

> > And they definitely weren't made for players that were running multiple builds and cared about those builds, that's for sure.

> >

>

> With that in mind, then the three build templates per character is almost excessive. Since average joe only needs one build.

Average joe doesn't need this system at all. This system is not being made for him. Among those that _do_ need it the average _will_ be more than 3.

Seriously, It's like saying that since an average joe has no legendaries, there's no reason to have any legendaries in this game. Or saying that since an average inhabitant of the world doesn't have a car, we don't need highways.

I never heard of arc, but am not a WvW player. (I never changed builds in GW, either.)

I am curious what the population is there? I keep seeing threads by WvW'ers saying it is dead, and why it is dead. How many players are we talking about? Honestly curious, not being a jerk :)

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.

> > > > > Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also _won't use the build templates_. Because they _won't_ be using more than one build.

> > > > > Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

> > > >

> > > > I'm fairly sure build/equip templates are made with every player in mind. Not just the Astralporings of players.

> > > Yes, i am sure they are made with an average player in mind. You know, that player that uses only one build, and often doesn't even care or know what build it is.

> > > And they definitely weren't made for players that were running multiple builds and cared about those builds, that's for sure.

> > >

> >

> > With that in mind, then the three build templates per character is almost excessive. Since average joe only needs one build.

> Average joe doesn't need this system at all. This system is not being made for him. Among those that _do_ need it the average _will_ be more than 3.

>

> Seriously, It's like saying that since an average joe has no legendaries, there's no reason to have any legendaries in this game. Or saying that since an average inhabitant of the world doesn't have a car, we don't need highways.

>

Except those systems are paid for. People with cars... pay tax. Legendaries cost a considerable amount of effort.

The fact is this system isnt just meant for players who see the use now, but also those that will use it in the future, that maybe only played one build all this time.

It would be a waste to design just for those that want it. They also design it for those who haven't thought of using it, or those who would use it for other uses. (Like storage)

Considering you can share builds, i doubt its really all that hard to store infinite amount of builds locally.

> Except those systems are paid for. People with cars... pay tax.

What do you think income from mount skins etc is being used for?

> Legendaries cost a considerable amount of effort.

That doesn't pay for the system.

> The fact is this system isnt just meant for players who see the use now, but also those that will use it in the future, that maybe only played one build all this time.

Currently, it isn't meant for anyone. I wasn't being sarcastic when i said before that it definitely isn't meant for players that would need it most. It's way too lacking for that.

> It would be a waste to design just for those that want it. They also design it for those who haven't thought of using it, or those who would use it for other uses. (Like storage)

It's even more of a waste to design it in a way it's _not_ for those that want it.

> Considering you can share builds, i doubt its really all that hard to store infinite amount of builds locally.

I doubt that as well. But hey, that would be really hard to monetize, so better release a version with a very limited build storage space. Even if that cripples the system's functionality.

> > Except those systems are paid for. People with cars... pay tax.

> What do you think income from mount skins etc is being used for?

Or this feature. Or income from any form of extra storage space or character slots.

> > Legendaries cost a considerable amount of effort.

> That doesn't pay for the system.

Indirectly it does. Giving players something initially unattainable makes them more likely to spend money to circumvent it, or at least keep them busy and invested in yhe game so they might buy something alongside it. Bored players don't spend money.

> > The fact is this system isnt just meant for players who see the use now, but also those that will use it in the future, that maybe only played one build all this time.

> Currently, it isn't meant for anyone. I wasn't being sarcastic when i said before that it definitely isn't meant for players that would need it most. It's way too lacking for that.

That may be your opinion, but that doesn't change who its for or not.

> > It would be a waste to design just for those that want it. They also design it for those who haven't thought of using it, or those who would use it for other uses. (Like storage)

> It's even more of a waste to design it in a way it's _not_ for those that want it.

Just because you were expecting more doesnt mean its not designed for you. In fact, you wouldnt want more if its not for you.

> > Considering you can share builds, i doubt its really all that hard to store infinite amount of builds locally.

> I doubt that as well. But hey, that would be really hard to monetize, so better release a version with a very limited build storage space. Even if that cripples the system's functionality.

I'm fairly sure its limited because its not locally stored. We'll have to see how it works in practice first.

> @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > > Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.

> > Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also _won't use the build templates_. Because they _won't_ be using more than one build.

> > Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

> >

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > > > > So yeah, why are you whining about free storage space?

> > > > Because he will be losing Arcdps template functionality for this.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Do we know this for certain? Sure, it makes sense that they would ban it in favor of their official, monetized option, but we don't really know that yet, right?

> > That was part of the agreement between delta and Anet - arc templates were to be available only until Anet will release their own version. After that delta has to shut them down.

> >

>

> Honestly i would appreciate them keeping arcdps running normally, just for the people who had tons of inventory space as this is a downgrade, but for everyone else this is a solid boost, it's extra storage space, completely free with the option to buy more. Right now the glass is both half full and half empty from my perspective.

>

> If that makes you want to leave so be it, but this is nothing like ESO's craft bags. I realized i couldn't play anymore unless I was subbed (or half my time was inventory management). I've seen far worse as far as monetization goes.

> But i think anet should allow arcdps to continue what it's doing as what anet has is superior by virtue of the gear storage alone. Then no one has lost anything.

>

> But if you leave i recommend a sub based game, but even then mtx is still a thing. Both FFXIV and Wow have cash shops.

>

> And WoW has been kind of sucky this expansion and i noticed the cash shop mounts are way better than in game ones. So you may still be disappointed. And note that sub based games aren't happy with your sub: investors always want to see profits go up, a steady paying customer isn't what capitalism actually wants. It wants more customers or those customers paying more. GoG might be your best bet. But even GoG is having issues keeping the lights on.

Yea, and when you open ESO to play, it takes you to the shop. In fact, if you haven't purchased the latest expansion, it first opens the buy now expansion screen and you have to indicate not now to go any farther, and then to the shop.