Rangers new Soulbeast abillity and the lost damge and speed

Bloodelfcragy.4028

Look i only do PVE and im feeling really underpowerd it took me 10s to kill enemy that most classes take out in 4-6s i do a high pricision/might build and lucky to brake a 2200 crit thats bad any way you look at it.

and now with the new Soulbeast abilliy i lose all the exstra damge my pet was doing so im worse off then i was befor when i was a Druid. I had an abillity that gave me a speed boost and lessend cripple effects but now i walk slow and walk like an old man during combat makeing getting any kind of distance impossible.

I have low health low damge and on top of that im slow.

Then there is the stacking issue can't you make it so that a ranger get stacking bonuses if he is at a distance rather than up close.

You have skills that encourage a ranger to be distanced from their target but then do everything to discourage it i mean common make up your mind and stick with it.

Ok what i want

If your running a Soulbeast you should have an inherent damage boost to make up the difference and also shouldn't my speed be increased/decreased based on the animal i'm fused with. Example a pig would slow you down but when its a bird your would speed up something like that.

also this just might be me but should precision scale down in the lower areas sorry but i go from doing crit every other hit then doin crits every 1 in 50 hits makes fighting in lower areas way harder for precision type builds.

If you dissagree say why

Also dont say that it would make pvp unfair because every class comes with a distance closeing abillity and once up close a ranger falls apart and can't do anything back.

atm i was shooting my friend and he just kept healing all the damage id done all while damageing me.

I have one burst damage attack and once thats gone im a sitting duck for 10 seconds easy kill for anyone, Also i have Point Blank Shot to knock people back and that a 15 second recharge and in that time i have been stuned and destroyed.

(eddit)

i forgot to mention even tho at longrange i can still hit my target my guy will just stop auto attacking a little annoying

It might be good to show your build, When combined with Sick #em i get rather decent damage. Is it the best possible? Unlikely but i dont think its weak or anything, it does need tweaks, issues fixed and such. Combined with Beast mastery you get some nice buffs, increased stats, 25% movement speed

In WvW i have been melting people, i can hit 5k+ auto attack hits with Long Bow RF can deal 10k+ damage and had some good hits and combos with Great sword and beastmode with solid mobility on top of that.

Post your build and lets see what you have.

> @Shinzan.2908 said:

> Merging with your pet gives you a stat boost depending on the pet, get a ferocious one (smokescale's been doing good for me) and you'll get your damage boost. And with the beastmastery line you get a permanent move speed increase while merged too.

without the Natures magic abillity i would die too fast to be viable and without the markmenship abillity i would be awfull at useing a longbow

> @Bloodelfcragy.4028 said:

> > @Shinzan.2908 said:

> > Merging with your pet gives you a stat boost depending on the pet, get a ferocious one (smokescale's been doing good for me) and you'll get your damage boost. And with the beastmastery line you get a permanent move speed increase while merged too.

>

> without the Natures magic abillity i would die too fast to be viable and without the markmenship abillity i would be awfull at useing a longbow

Beastmastery has a regeneration trait that applies to you while in Beastmode, and you do get minor buffs to toughness and vitality. I don't know what build and gear you're running, so I can't say if that would be enough.

For increased movement speed, there's also Signet of the Hunt. The relevant trait is a Master in Marksmanship if you want to try a signet-based build.

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> It might be good to show your build, When combined with Sick #em i get rather decent damage. Is it the best possible? Unlikely but i dont think its weak or anything, it does need tweaks, issues fixed and such. Combined with Beast mastery you get some nice buffs, increased stats, 25% movement speed

>

> In WvW i have been melting people, i can hit 5k+ auto attack hits with Long Bow RF can deal 10k+ damage and had some good hits and combos with Great sword and beastmode with solid mobility on top of that.

>

> Post your build and lets see what you have.

im not talking about a ranger with a gratesword im talking about and ranger with a longbow i need the marksmenship abilliy for the bow i need the Naturers magic for survivability and then the Soulbeast abillity is really underwelming. also i looked at the beastmoad abillity tree and +7 power, +7 Condition damage, +19 Ferocity isnt going to change squat never is 200 damage when im loseing atleat 500-700 damage from the pet

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > @Bloodelfcragy.4028 said:

> > > @Shinzan.2908 said:

> > > Merging with your pet gives you a stat boost depending on the pet, get a ferocious one (smokescale's been doing good for me) and you'll get your damage boost. And with the beastmastery line you get a permanent move speed increase while merged too.

> >

> > without the Natures magic abillity i would die too fast to be viable and without the markmenship abillity i would be awfull at useing a longbow

>

> Beastmastery has a regeneration trait that applies to you while in Beastmode, and you do get minor buffs to toughness and vitality. I don't know what build and gear you're running, so I can't say if that would be enough.

>

> For increased movement speed, there's also Signet of the Hunt. The relevant trait is a Master in Marksmanship if you want to try a signet-based build.

Natures magic dodgeing remove 1 damageing and 1 none damageing condition, then if im hurt apply protection and weaken neerby foes and gain regen when health is below 50%

> im not talking about a ranger with a gratesword im talking about and ranger with a longbow i need the marksmenship abilliy for the bow i need the Naturers magic for survivability and then the Soulbeast abillity is really underwelming. also i looked at the beastmoad abillity tree and +7 power, +7 Condition damage, +19 Ferocity isnt going to change squat never is 200 damage when im loseing atleat 500-700 damage from the pet

As i mentioned, i can hit 5k+ auto attacks with long bow, Rapid Fire can down Zerk light armor classes from full health to downed, and Thieves as well. You dont need Marksmanship what so ever for a good bow. I can hit like a truck with it and i dont use that at all.

which soulbeast ability are you talking about? what pets do you run? these kinda things we would need to know so we can actually help you. Post your build with gear, pets, utilities and everything and maybe we can help.

> which soulbeast ability are you talking about? what pets do you run? these kinda things we would need to know so we can actually help you. Post your build with gear, pets, utilities and everything and maybe we can help.

On top of that, this is PvE we're talking about where the majority (if not all) of your incoming damage is negated by just knowing the tales on your enemies. Granted, if you're in a scaled meta event you're gonna go down regardless due to scaling producing huge amounts of mobs or up-ing the quality of the champions/legends. If you're trying to do Marksmanship AND Nature Magic you're in an awkward middle ground where you're depriving yourself of some offensive buffs and Nature magic is not gonna give you the survivability you need.

but yeah, without knowing the gear, the trait selections, pet selection, skill selection everyone here is just gonna throw out answers since we're flying blind here not knowing what you have vs what you're trying to do.

> > @Bloodelfcragy.4028 said:

> > im not talking about a ranger with a gratesword im talking about and ranger with a longbow i need the marksmenship abilliy for the bow i need the Naturers magic for survivability and then the Soulbeast abillity is really underwelming. also i looked at the beastmoad abillity tree and +7 power, +7 Condition damage, +19 Ferocity isnt going to change squat never is 200 damage when im loseing atleat 500-700 damage from the pet

>

> As i mentioned, i can hit 5k+ auto attacks with long bow, Rapid Fire can down Zerk light armor classes from full health to downed, and Thieves as well. You dont need Marksmanship what so ever for a good bow. I can hit like a truck with it and i dont use that at all.

>

> which soulbeast ability are you talking about? what pets do you run? these kinda things we would need to know so we can actually help you. Post your build with gear, pets, utilities and everything and maybe we can help.

i use almost all ascended gear except legs and boots they are +precision +power +ferocity i run the superior runes of the ranger also i use air and accuracy sigils

Specilizations

Marksmanship 1-2-1-2-1-3

Natures magic 1-3-1-1-1-2

SoulBeast 1-1-1-1-1-1

> > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > > @Bloodelfcragy.4028 said:

> > > im not talking about a ranger with a gratesword im talking about and ranger with a longbow i need the marksmenship abilliy for the bow i need the Naturers magic for survivability and then the Soulbeast abillity is really underwelming. also i looked at the beastmoad abillity tree and +7 power, +7 Condition damage, +19 Ferocity isnt going to change squat never is 200 damage when im loseing atleat 500-700 damage from the pet

> >

> > As i mentioned, i can hit 5k+ auto attacks with long bow, Rapid Fire can down Zerk light armor classes from full health to downed, and Thieves as well. You dont need Marksmanship what so ever for a good bow. I can hit like a truck with it and i dont use that at all.

> >

> > which soulbeast ability are you talking about? what pets do you run? these kinda things we would need to know so we can actually help you. Post your build with gear, pets, utilities and everything and maybe we can help.

>

> i use almost all ascended gear except legs and boots they are +precision +power +ferocity i run the superior runes of the ranger also i use air and accuracy sigils

> Specilizations

> Marksmanship 1-2-1-2-1-3

> Natures magic 1-3-1-1-1-2

> SoulBeast 1-1-1-1-1-1

Which pets are you running while in Beastmode? What utility skills are you running?

From your posts, it seems you're attempting to convert a Druid to Soulbeast. Soulbeast and Druid work differently, so simply switching one trait line out for a another won't work. Nor will Runes of the Ranger work while in Beastmode. My recommendation would be to change certain parts of your gear, and run Wilderness Survival rather than Nature Magic.

With Wilderness Survival 1/2/2 and using Survival skills for utilities, you have very good survivability through evades and condition cleanse. Troll Unguent, in particular, is likely to be our best healing skill when traited and used properly. You will have good personal generation of Fury, which enables Soulbeast's +7% damage modifier. You'll gain Protection on dodge, and you'll regenerate health while under the effects of Protection. I would also run Live Fast, Predator's Cunning, and Oppressive Superiority in Soulbeast (Soulbeast 2/3/3), as that will increase your damage substantially and your survivability by a modest amount.

As for gear, switch Runes of the Ranger for Runes of Rage. That will give a similar damage buff, and increase the duration of the Fury you generate. That Fury will give you ~90% Critical Chance without the runes and Sigil of Accuracy. I would replace the Sigil of Accuracy with a Sigil of Force.

Here's a link to the build I'm suggesting: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFATjEqQLLWyCWsAVLWyDsmaww7IsEAKArt8379t/Oi0A-jxRBQBA4BAMSlgkR5Xh0BUk9HewFAQUq/AA-e

> > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > > @Bloodelfcragy.4028 said:

> > > im not talking about a ranger with a gratesword im talking about and ranger with a longbow i need the marksmenship abilliy for the bow i need the Naturers magic for survivability and then the Soulbeast abillity is really underwelming. also i looked at the beastmoad abillity tree and +7 power, +7 Condition damage, +19 Ferocity isnt going to change squat never is 200 damage when im loseing atleat 500-700 damage from the pet

> >

> > As i mentioned, i can hit 5k+ auto attacks with long bow, Rapid Fire can down Zerk light armor classes from full health to downed, and Thieves as well. You dont need Marksmanship what so ever for a good bow. I can hit like a truck with it and i dont use that at all.

> >

> > which soulbeast ability are you talking about? what pets do you run? these kinda things we would need to know so we can actually help you. Post your build with gear, pets, utilities and everything and maybe we can help.

>

> i use almost all ascended gear except legs and boots they are +precision +power +ferocity i run the superior runes of the ranger also i use air and accuracy sigils

> Specilizations

> Marksmanship 1-2-1-2-1-3

> Natures magic 1-3-1-1-1-2

> SoulBeast 1-1-1-1-1-1

Try this trait and skill configuration instead, the damage will be significantly higher, you should be able to kill most things before they get close to you. You don't *really* need Nature Magic for open world PvE. Use the warhorn to buff yourself prior to engaging with the Longbow. You'll do even more damage if you stat swap your armor to berserker stats and use scholar runes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYD7kSFoVQskFwiFgrFskHYLBgCwaL/9Wf7vMHsCWwbEpB-e

Use beastmode as a utility boost. You are still a ranger and doing dmg with your pet is essential for this class and cannot be neglected.

I advice to you to swap often in and out of beastmode. Your pet does more power dmg with you than you can do inside beastmode.

For condi builds use pets that increase your survivability and utility because you can do more condi dmg than your pet. The activation skills that do not primarely attack : Prelude lash, unflinching fortitude and spiritual reprieve are fantastic for utility.

I play a condition build with a jacaranda as main pet, the jacaranda does kitten good dmg in normal mode which you do not in Beastmode, but you have 2 heals and one of them is a oh kitten button.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> I play a condition build with a jacaranda as main pet, the jacaranda does kitten good dmg in normal mode which you do not in Beastmode, but you have 2 heals and one of them is a oh kitten button.

As the previous poster says, condition is one very good route to go. Condition Soulbeast is now one of the top dps professions in the game, there's no damage or speed lost here.

I play power soulbeast on PvE .. and I'm not having a hard time dealing with the PvE .. I use pets like gazelle / smokescale depending on whether I need mobility / raw dmg.. the second one is jacaranda or any pet w/ spiritual reprieve will do....

for gear i use full ascended marauder armors.

LB / Sword warhorn or axe ( just a personal preference)

trinkets berserkers for me

runes I go w/ rage .. for the 6th stat where if one is affected w/ fury gain 5% dmg along w/ soulbeast's trait where we get 7% dmg when we have fury.. I know this rune might not be the best in PvE but I can guarantee you I can maintain fury uptime 100% when in combat.

well, you can just use scholar runes or runes of the ranger if you don't like rage runes..

for utility skills.. sic'em, signet of the wild, and moa stance(this one helps with fury uptime)

elite just go with strength of the pack

for traits I go w/ Marksmanship 2-2-3

beastmastery 3-1-2 or 3-1-3 when you're using axe instead of warhorn..

i highly don't recommend using beastly warden for grandmaster trait .. cause you will be taunting things when you don't what them ...

ex. w/ spiritual reprieve .. you would only be using that if your teammates are low or if your trying to survive.

soulbeast either go with 1-2(yes 2nd is debatable... depends on you )-1 (for soloing to give ur self a second chance...) , 1-2- 3 (really selfish build) , and the best for parties would be 1-2-2 where you could share your moa stance, then buff w/ warhorn add in your elite and you'll be giving your party a decent amount of buffs...

and also i'm starting the fight with meld w/ dmg pet > moa > warhorn 5 > elite > warhorn 4 for vulnerability x16 > weapon swap > LB 4 to proc twice as vicious trait > sic'em + Rapid Fire > unmeld w/ pet use heal as one so that your boons can be transferred to your pet..

well you can also start the fight w/ not merging w/ pet buffing it up then meld to increase uptime of buffs w/ fresh reinforcement, do your burst, unmeld, use heal as one again for boon transfer ...

and rinse and repeat...

For me soulbeast is good in PvE although not in sPvP .. in WvW you can still roam or be a zergling..