We need polar bear people

sean.6058

The kodan are popular, but they don't have much in the way of customization. Plus, I think the tengu are the more popular choice should a new playable race be added. Sadly, because of the way the personal story works, it seems unlikely we'll ever get a new race, and after Heart of Thorns, probably not a new profession, either.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Get the [tonic](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/e8/Endless_Kodan_Tonic.jpg) and you’ll be a Kodan, and you won’t have to wait for a new race to be added.

Except you can't mount with the tonic, or any transformation for that matter, making them all worthless in the most recent expansion. And for no apparent reason in the case of the kodan tonic, and any other combat tonic for that matter, since any combat tonic already uses the same animation rigs as one of the playable races.

It looks like they just blanket blocked transformations with mounts instead of taking what little work it would have required to whitelist the ones that should work with mounts. I'm still pissed I can't use my shrinking and growth tonics with mounts, as those have become an important piece of character customization to me.

> @Conncept.7638 said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Get the [tonic](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/e8/Endless_Kodan_Tonic.jpg) and you’ll be a Kodan, and you won’t have to wait for a new race to be added.

>

> Except you can't mount with the tonic, or any transformation for that matter, making them all worthless in the most recent expansion. And for no apparent reason in the case of the kodan tonic, and any other combat tonic for that matter, since any combat tonic already uses the same animation rigs as one of the playable races.

>

> It looks like they just blanket blocked transformations with mounts instead of taking what little work it would have required to whitelist the ones that should work with mounts. I'm still pissed I can't use my shrinking and growth tonics with mounts, as those have become an important piece of character customization to me.

Well, that’s not good. I hadn’t tried my Watchknight tonic but I had thought it would be cool to ride around like that. I hope they change it so tonics can be used on a mount,

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/8884/pof-developer-ama-summary-for-all-that-dont-read-reddit

This part under mounts?

(...)Currently you can’t use mounts while being transformed – This will likely stay. We currently don’t really really have different classifications of transforms(they are used in all sorts of ways across the game) and a lot of them that would be cause issues or balance concerns if we let you mount and remove the transform.(...)

Problem is that while you are on your mount you're no longer your character riding on your mount, you are your mount (with character). In the engine you're now flagged as "transformed".

They also had this problem with some mechanics in HoT (Tarir meta events for example), where some mechanics would render your character "transformed". So unless they make changes to the core engine and implement different states or find some other workaround for allowing different "transformations", tonic use on mounts sadly won't happen.