Why no talk about the crazy spike scepter weaver does?

Jigme.8524

Yeah it feels very solid right now. Pretty crazy how far it's come defensively as well. Going ele surge with arcane blast doesnt feel gimmicky in the slightest anymore, the double low cd shield + invuln goes a long way, while buffed glyph and arcane abatement is solid healing.

As always though, the problem remains trying to have enough of an impact to be worth picking at high level. Your spellbreaker +1 is even worse than average. Most problematic is how firebrand completely shuts you down. Your sustained damage remains very poor, and downed cleave well below average. Even in an average 2v3 you will likely not decap, let alone kill an fb (+scourge mostly).

Firebrand will quite heavily dictate fresh air viability if I had to guess. I think at this point sb+scourge nerfs are obvious, but fb might remain untouched for another cycle.

Condi mirage might steal the spotlight if it sees some understandable buffs though.

> I see a ton of talk about how meh sword is but no one is talking about how awsome scepter is in pvp right now

I also think that Scepter is awsome for PvP right now, but not because of Weaver. Core Fresh Air Ele is really strong atm, because its strong against Spellbreaker and Scourge, while its biggest weakness in Condi and S/D Thief is pretty much gone from PvP. I think its the best Spec to climb the ladder as Ele atm.

Fresh Air Scepter Weaver on the other hand is IMHO pretty bad in an actual PvP Match. You lack the defense of Core FA since you can't get to Earth 4 and 5, Fire 3 and Water 3 fast enough. I made it work by slotting Unravel so you can get an higher Burst with an surprise Phoenix and better survivability. But if You do that your sacrificing either a stunbreak in Arcane Shield/Twist of Fate or Arcane Blast (which is AMAZING if traited). And if you decide to slot and trait some defensive stuff (Evasive Arcana etc), you wont even burst that much higher than Core FA Ele.

Despite all that its an extremly fun build to play that I personally enjoy a lot.

Probably because it’s a one trick pony that is easily shut down and will melt to any form of focus, that’s without mentioning most of the burst is pretty well telegraphed in you’re watching the attunements, just LoS and s/he can’t one shot you and if they can’t do that then what use are they?

I think scepter FA weaver is pretty gimmicky. Core scepter FA ele brings just about as much burst to the table with a much more comfortable rotation of consistent damage and an amount of survivability that is completely manageable. FA weaver reminds me of unload thief where you just hope the enemy team doesn't have enough competent players to will deal with you.

Core FA is a tier 1 build for ranked queues right now. Went 23-2 from 1630 to 1800 rating a few days ago after stopping the weaver experimenting and going for actual wins with try hard core FA. Both losses being extremely close games with probably 6+ well known pvp players in each match. Core FA deals with the 3 strongest PoF specs brilliantly. Out ranges any shenanigans scourge and spellbreaker do to anyone in melee range, is one of the very few guaranteed 1v1 wins against spellbreaker (along with curses scourge, inform me if there are others), and deals with Firebrand aegis spam like a champ allowing for big hits from you and your allies to take down the Firebrand quickly.

Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver feels like the Core FA of weaver. It has very manageable survivability with great burst and consistent damage against most targets. It's weaknesses being the fact that standing near a scourge for a split second can mean death and killing spellbreakers is not realistic in 1v1s. It's weaker than FA core against classes like core warrior and core guardian/dragonhunter too. They are manageable but fights like Core guard can end in 20-30s on fresh air ele and are a free win where as with LR weaver it's a struggle that's going to take a lot of healing rotations to grind through their cooldowns.

I'd say the best 3 builds for spvp ranked queues on ele right now are Core FA, Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver, and Sages Sw/D weaver in that order. I'm inexperienced on tempest but my impression is that support builds have their issues in ranked q in the first place and that firebrand is just better in every way in ranked q. (in 5v5 competitive tempest can die and go through mesmer portals which is a big advantage firebrand does not have)

Post started as a small comparison between Core FA and Weaver FA and ended up being my analysis of the state of elementalist in ranked spvp queues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> @Phantaram.1265 said:

> Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver

I can't help but noticing that dagger has the same number of opportunities to proc lightning rod as sword and the same number of skills that evade. Dagger generally seems to be a better weapon than sword so I have to wonder if it'd be better for lightning rod weaver as well.

> @Phantaram.1265 said:

> I'd say the best 3 builds for spvp ranked queues on ele right now are Core FA, Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver, and Sages Sw/D weaver in that order. I'm inexperienced on tempest but my impression is that support builds have their issues in ranked q in the first place and that firebrand is just better in every way in ranked q. (in 5v5 competitive tempest can die and go through mesmer portals which is a big advantage firebrand does not have)

What's the build for Sages sw/d?

Edit: Nevermind, found it on your channel.

> @Phantaram.1265 said:

> I think scepter FA weaver is pretty gimmicky. Core scepter FA ele brings just about as much burst to the table with a much more comfortable rotation of consistent damage and an amount of survivability that is completely manageable. FA weaver reminds me of unload thief where you just hope the enemy team doesn't have enough competent players to will deal with you.

>

> Core FA is a tier 1 build for ranked queues right now. Went 23-2 from 1630 to 1800 rating a few days ago after stopping the weaver experimenting and going for actual wins with try hard core FA. Both losses being extremely close games with probably 6+ well known pvp players in each match. Core FA deals with the 3 strongest PoF specs brilliantly. Out ranges any shenanigans scourge and spellbreaker do to anyone in melee range, is one of the very few guaranteed 1v1 wins against spellbreaker (along with curses scourge, inform me if there are others), and deals with Firebrand aegis spam like a champ allowing for big hits from you and your allies to take down the Firebrand quickly.

>

> Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver feels like the Core FA of weaver. It has very manageable survivability with great burst and consistent damage against most targets. It's weaknesses being the fact that standing near a scourge for a split second can mean death and killing spellbreakers is not realistic in 1v1s. It's weaker than FA core against classes like core warrior and core guardian/dragonhunter too. They are manageable but fights like Core guard can end in 20-30s on fresh air ele and are a free win where as with LR weaver it's a struggle that's going to take a lot of healing rotations to grind through their cooldowns.

>

> I'd say the best 3 builds for spvp ranked queues on ele right now are Core FA, Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver, and Sages Sw/D weaver in that order. I'm inexperienced on tempest but my impression is that support builds have their issues in ranked q in the first place and that firebrand is just better in every way in ranked q. (in 5v5 competitive tempest can die and go through mesmer portals which is a big advantage firebrand does not have)

>

> Post started as a small comparison between Core FA and Weaver FA and ended up being my analysis of the state of elementalist in ranked spvp queues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What about lightning rod scepter weaver?

Scepter / foces is a good 1v1 build and is better then sword / x atm for dmg and safely. In a lot of ways scepter feels more like weaver main wepon not sword. The thing about weaver though is your going to need to land some auto attks and the globe cd of swaps and if your going light rode getting the max out of its hard cc you lose FA (FA not as good on weaver as its on core or tempest). Only if scpter for weaver had more ground targeted ability and not must target players but that more my own feeling on it then balancing i am still a staff or dagger type of ele player more aimed on aoe then bursting one target down.

> @Coldtart.4785 said:

> > @Phantaram.1265 said:

>

> > Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver

>

> I can't help but noticing that dagger has the same number of opportunities to proc lightning rod as sword and the same number of skills that evade. Dagger generally seems to be a better weapon than sword so I have to wonder if it'd be better for lightning rod weaver as well.

I actually tried that yesterday after getting a sneaking suspicion that dagger was just better after trying dagger on some tanky builds and liking it a lot. It did not pan out though. Something about focus just fits so well with a squishy build. Dagger was pretty fun for lightning rod though and not horrible so play it if you like.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @Phantaram.1265 said:

> > I think scepter FA weaver is pretty gimmicky. Core scepter FA ele brings just about as much burst to the table with a much more comfortable rotation of consistent damage and an amount of survivability that is completely manageable. FA weaver reminds me of unload thief where you just hope the enemy team doesn't have enough competent players to will deal with you.

> >

> > Core FA is a tier 1 build for ranked queues right now. Went 23-2 from 1630 to 1800 rating a few days ago after stopping the weaver experimenting and going for actual wins with try hard core FA. Both losses being extremely close games with probably 6+ well known pvp players in each match. Core FA deals with the 3 strongest PoF specs brilliantly. Out ranges any shenanigans scourge and spellbreaker do to anyone in melee range, is one of the very few guaranteed 1v1 wins against spellbreaker (along with curses scourge, inform me if there are others), and deals with Firebrand aegis spam like a champ allowing for big hits from you and your allies to take down the Firebrand quickly.

> >

> > Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver feels like the Core FA of weaver. It has very manageable survivability with great burst and consistent damage against most targets. It's weaknesses being the fact that standing near a scourge for a split second can mean death and killing spellbreakers is not realistic in 1v1s. It's weaker than FA core against classes like core warrior and core guardian/dragonhunter too. They are manageable but fights like Core guard can end in 20-30s on fresh air ele and are a free win where as with LR weaver it's a struggle that's going to take a lot of healing rotations to grind through their cooldowns.

> >

> > I'd say the best 3 builds for spvp ranked queues on ele right now are Core FA, Lightning Rod Sw/F weaver, and Sages Sw/D weaver in that order. I'm inexperienced on tempest but my impression is that support builds have their issues in ranked q in the first place and that firebrand is just better in every way in ranked q. (in 5v5 competitive tempest can die and go through mesmer portals which is a big advantage firebrand does not have)

> >

> > Post started as a small comparison between Core FA and Weaver FA and ended up being my analysis of the state of elementalist in ranked spvp queues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>

> What about lightning rod scepter weaver?

Maybe? I feel like both improve your burst just fresh air probably does it better. Sword specifically has better opportunities for Lightning Rod and doesn't synergize well with fresh air. I haven't really given scepter a ton of effort outside of the few times I've tried it and felt really uncomfortable with the survivability.