New Map, open world story parts and the problems with it (possible minor spoilers)

Cekay.2614

Hey i keep this short.

I just started the new story and arrived on the new map.

Now i gotta do this track quest in the open world where other players are also running around (you know, the one were you have to help all 3 of your friends to find this certain person).

the thing is, i have no idea what is going on..

i arrive at the green whirl and the npc friends are arleady fighting or something.

i missed some dialogue as well, i guess, i dont know what happened with rytlock and his mate...all i get to hear was rytlock asking if she would still want him around...

this dynamic event stuff is great for open world content and stuff, but if i want to follow the story, it is kind of a bummer that i miss lines of dialouge because the event gets finished even when im not doing anything.

one example: the norn npc friend was seeing some visions or something, because of this voice i guess or whatever it is. that dialouge is really interesting, but it gets cut off because other players kill all the low hp mobs too fast and the event ends.

same with marjorane or what her name was. i found her fighting some necromancer thing in a ice cave and there was a shadow version of her that i noticed by accident. yes, by accident.

i have still no idea what she was doing there or why she was fighting this necromancer thing...

anyone else feels the same?

Same thing happened to me, but u had to do a other complete camp for it to count for the story and that second time I could watch it completely. So it wasn't a huge issue to me.

I do agree that sometimes dialogue or details get missed in events, either by how fast enemies go down, or by how many people and flashy effects are around. I never saw Marjorie's shadow like you mentioned.