Buffed Unravel as our elite skill

Razor.6392

You can always buff Sword's range, damage or cast times, same with other stances, but the one thing that needs actual changes and maybe a rework, is the inability to access #3 #4 and #5 abilities at will. This is a heavy limitation on a weaver's potential.

Unravel is the skill that fixes all non-numerical problems with Weaver, and everyone knows this. However, it's perceived as weak and not worth the utility slot. (It is very hard to fit into an ele's utility slot nowadays).

So make Unravel the elite, and put a nerfed Weave Self (stat wise, and maybe remove it from the Stance category) as our F5, just like Chronomancers get Continuum Split (which also has a 90s CD, further decreased by Alacrity).

Obviously to fit into Elite category it would need buffs so give it something like:

* 3 charges up from 2.

* 30s recharge per stack

* 5s cooldown between uses

* Light aura on use

* Pulsing quickness for the duration(?)

What do you think? I really feel like this would be the fix to the class plus it would make it much more pleasant to play (and on par with the ridiculousness that are other PoF specs).

That's an interesting take on Weaver's problem.

The light Aura seems a little out of place, I'd prefer getting the corresponding Aura for whatever Element I'm fully attuning to.

However that doesn't quite solve the problem of Weaver itself as in: You still need a Skill (Elite in this case) to fix the main problem with Weaver - not beeing able to react properly to threads and beeing stuck in a rotation only able to escape by bypassing the core mechanic of the spec. I'd prefer to just be able to juggle my elements more fluidly by default so that Weaver actually feels like a versatile class.

However the more I think about Weave Self as an F5 the more I come to like it - it's like you're slowly attuning to all Elements, growing more powerful in the process. But then Weave Self would need a small change in itself, currently it has lots of utility and defensive stats and offense-wise offers nothing for power builds (only condi bonus on Fire).

Weave self as F5 is an interresting idea, much more than unravel, but it won't happen. I know we won't get another elite, and although it is not a bad elite, it is not really game changing. Maybe if it transfered (unblockable) all your built up conditions (if you ever survived long enough) to surrounding ennemies it could become more of an elite.

> @TwilightSoul.9048 said:

> That's an interesting take on Weaver's problem.

> The light Aura seems a little out of place, I'd prefer getting the corresponding Aura for whatever Element I'm fully attuning to.

> However that doesn't quite solve the problem of Weaver itself as in: You still need a Skill (Elite in this case) to fix the main problem with Weaver - not beeing able to react properly to threads and beeing stuck in a rotation only able to escape by bypassing the core mechanic of the spec. I'd prefer to just be able to juggle my elements more fluidly by default so that Weaver actually feels like a versatile class.

> However the more I think about Weave Self as an F5 the more I come to like it - it's like you're slowly attuning to all Elements, growing more powerful in the process. But then Weave Self would need a small change in itself, currently it has lots of utility and defensive stats and offense-wise offers nothing for power builds (only condi bonus on Fire).

Yeah well, the buffed effects are up for discussion. It could be boons though weaver has nothing to do with boons, or auras (tempest's domain). Could be superspeed, or unique effects like clearing condi, resetting global attunement cd or even a stun break?

I don't want to shove this idea down everyone's throats but I feel it's way better than having unravel as F5. With enough thought behing this elite's secondary mechanics (to justify its slot over FGS) it could be really satisfying to use.

I just posted a suggestion that would more or less accomplish this, or address the same issues at least. When you fully attune to an element (ie, attune to either of the elements you're already attuned to), no cooldown is triggered; likewise, when you attune to a new element, the new element doesn't go on cooldown.

This essentially lets you swap EITHER your 4th & 5th or your 1st & 2nd skills in a single attunement period, or else fully attune to a completely new element at will. I feel like this will make the class playstyle a great deal smoother, and it doesn't have the awkwardness of activating a skill (whether a utility or a function) which has a set duration and a cooldown.

When you want to simply fully attune to a new element, either of these work fine, but if you jsut want to change the 4th & 5th skills you either need to wait through two full attunement cooldowns or else wait for the fully attune skill to expire. Both of these feel cumbersome in normal gameplay (in my admittedly limited experience)

> @Narrrz.7532 said:

> I just posted a suggestion that would more or less accomplish this, or address the same issues at least. When you fully attune to an element (ie, attune to either of the elements you're already attuned to), no cooldown is triggered; likewise, when you attune to a new element, the new element doesn't go on cooldown.

>

> This essentially lets you swap EITHER your 4th & 5th or your 1st & 2nd skills in a single attunement period, or else fully attune to a completely new element at will. I feel like this will make the class playstyle a great deal smoother, and it doesn't have the awkwardness of activating a skill (whether a utility or a function) which has a set duration and a cooldown.

> When you want to simply fully attune to a new element, either of these work fine, but if you jsut want to change the 4th & 5th skills you either need to wait through two full attunement cooldowns or else wait for the fully attune skill to expire. Both of these feel cumbersome in normal gameplay (in my admittedly limited experience)

This brings consistency issues to the table though. It is not intuitive.

> @Sarrs.4831 said:

> Doesn't Weave Self just by itself give you crazy access to your alternate attunements anyway? Don't push Perfect Weave and you can keep quickly rolling between attunements on a 2sec CD rather than 5.

It only lasts 20 seconds though :/ and even 2 seconds is 2 seconds too long to use key skills when you really need them, especially in pvp.