Light effects making me sick

Dirdyy.1648

These light effects in battle getting out of hand.

Fighting a legendary --> lights flashing every 0,1s all over the place and additionally the skill effects from 30+ players blink and flash all over the battle area.

I don t have glasses and my eyes normally good, but after 2 fights i need to stop playing.

My screen is calibrated and i reduce the graphic settings but still way to much.

And the chat tells me i m not the only one:

- my eyes hurt

- can t see anything

- i get a headache of this

- can t see my skills

- the effects are insane

Don't think that will change. Seen other games with the same set up. Can set on the lowest of the lowest settings and it still flashes to the point I'm sure certain people would get a Seizure.

I personally have no problem with it as I would say I'm used to it after all these years, but can see it being a big problem for others.

I just don't think they have a way to change it.

> @starlinvf.1358 said:

> Step 1. Play in well lit room

> Step 2. Don't smash face against monitor

> Step 3. Go see a doctor, because if you're not doing the above, you may have a serious condition where being around a video game is potentially life threatening

lol, i shouldn't laugh about this but i lost it.

I totally agree and sympathize OP.

Below is a re-post of some of my response to the PoF feedback thread that mentions other things that make me feel like you do.

There is a trend that is really making it hard for me to play GW2.

I suffer from simulator sickness or what some call V.I.M.S. (Visually Induced Motion Sickness)

There are no first person video games I can play and very few third person games depending on the camera and movement.

HoT added a design trend of having floating dust or spores or glowing dots in the air in just about every corner of every map. These specks are very disorienting and make it difficult to be able to play, for long, in those zones.

This design trend has continued, with a vengeance, in the living story content, burning embers, ash, and glowing stuff, in Bloodstone Fen and Ember Bay. Bitterfrost Frontier has, not just snow, but blowing fog? I lasted about ten minutes there and had to lay down for the rest of the afternoon.

It has continued further with PoF, with blowing sand and fog, little clouds with purplish lightning flashes (instantly sick), and strange mount/camera movement (even after dev tweaks).

I haven’t finished map completion, even after 4918 hours played, because I can’t handle most of the snow and rain in certain zones.

I realize it’s not as easy as flipping a switch, but if it is at all possible, being able to turn off environmental effects would make it so I can play much more comfortably. Even if it were just PvE, so as to not give some kind of competitive advantage for those who choose to turn off effects, it would be welcome.

I know I’m only one person in your player base, but I love the game and would like to enjoy it fully.

WoodenPotatoes made a video about a ReShade version for Guild Wars 2 which allows you to tweak all kinds of graphics settings beyond what the game offers. Some settings give even brighter effects but other settings tone things down, even to black and white monochrome emulation. While this probably is not exactly what you're looking for, it may still help a bit:

> @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> > @starlinvf.1358 said:

> > Step 1. Play in well lit room

> > Step 2. Don't smash face against monitor

> > Step 3. Go see a doctor, because if you're not doing the above, you may have a serious condition where being around a video game is potentially life threatening

>

> lol, i shouldn't laugh about this but i lost it.

> @Sol.6213 said:

> I totally agree and sympathize OP.

>

> Below is a re-post of some of my response to the PoF feedback thread that mentions other things that make me feel like you do.

>

> There is a trend that is really making it hard for me to play GW2.

> I suffer from simulator sickness or what some call V.I.M.S. (Visually Induced Motion Sickness)

> There are no first person video games I can play and very few third person games depending on the camera and movement.

> HoT added a design trend of having floating dust or spores or glowing dots in the air in just about every corner of every map. These specks are very disorienting and make it difficult to be able to play, for long, in those zones.

> This design trend has continued, with a vengeance, in the living story content, burning embers, ash, and glowing stuff, in Bloodstone Fen and Ember Bay. Bitterfrost Frontier has, not just snow, but blowing fog? I lasted about ten minutes there and had to lay down for the rest of the afternoon.

> It has continued further with PoF, with blowing sand and fog, little clouds with purplish lightning flashes (instantly sick), and strange mount/camera movement (even after dev tweaks).

> I haven’t finished map completion, even after 4918 hours played, because I can’t handle most of the snow and rain in certain zones.

> I realize it’s not as easy as flipping a switch, but if it is at all possible, being able to turn off environmental effects would make it so I can play much more comfortably. Even if it were just PvE, so as to not give some kind of competitive advantage for those who choose to turn off effects, it would be welcome.

> I know I’m only one person in your player base, but I love the game and would like to enjoy it fully.

I can't remember which game it was but there was an MMO that you could turn all that off, I hated the rain and blowing snow too. They need to realize that many older people play that do have eye problems and we do spend a great deal of money in this game. I can not play in extreme darkness either. I truly hate night time in games just as I do my very best not to drive in real life. People can make fun of us all they want to but one day they will be here too...lol

The fact that we can't fully get rid of player/pet/minion names in squad, get rid of damage floaters, get rid of blinding effects or shut off other players skills is ABSURD.

I tell my friends who don't raid in gw2, that the biggest challenge in raids is not the mechanics, it's in not being able to see!

**SO.** **MUCH.** **THIS.**

I don't get sick when I play the game, but in far too much group content _I can't see anything._ Everything is obscured by bright lights and particle effects that I can't turn off, making it all but impossible to see enemy animations and often very difficult to see ground circles.

![](https://78.media.tumblr.com/100dafbb2e88ac44282e6e3ace6b3f69/tumblr_nuex8idqzu1us2u89o1_540.png "")

"When she lifts her hand you have to dodge"

"How am I supposed to see her lift her hand!?"