Revenant needs more weapon choices ASAP

JayAction.9056

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > >

> > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

> > > >

> > > > > > Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

> > > >

> > > > **The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.** Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

> > > >

> > >

> > > I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

> >

> > Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. **This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns**

>

> I agree with your previous quote. Although I would love more weapons, my biggest issue with the core class is Ventari and its ability to perform as a dedicated support role (which extends to both e-specs as well) especially post-big balance patch. As a pretty diehard core Rev player, the base class is pretty great in most regards. Ancient Echo and an additional core traitline puts it at a totally respectable spot.

Yeah I agree ventari needs work to be truly viable in Competitive. I think it’s generally good/okay in PvE. A bigger heal radius would be nice and if that isn’t enough then maybe some sort of fundamental rework.

I agree core is in a good spot too! I only wish we had an extra core legend or set of “invocation” utilities, but even that is more of a “want because I think more options would be cool” than a “the class really needs it.”

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

> > >

> > > > > Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

> > >

> > > **The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.** Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

> > >

> >

> > I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

>

> Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. **This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns**

There is nothing about elites that suggest your conclusion.

Look at many of the classes that have multiple builds with core and the same type of builds with elites. There is no reason you can't have a viable core Condi class.

Though your argument fails, in general its true that elites are more powerful.

> > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > >

> > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

> > > > >

> > > > > **The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.** Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. **This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns**

> >

> > I agree with your previous quote. Although I would love more weapons, my biggest issue with the core class is Ventari and its ability to perform as a dedicated support role (which extends to both e-specs as well) especially post-big balance patch. As a pretty diehard core Rev player, the base class is pretty great in most regards. Ancient Echo and an additional core traitline puts it at a totally respectable spot.

>

> Yeah I agree ventari needs work to be truly viable in Competitive. I think it’s generally good/okay in PvE. A bigger heal radius would be nice and if that isn’t enough then maybe some sort of fundamental rework.

>

> I agree core is in a good spot too! I only wish we had an extra core legend or set of “invocation” utilities, but even that is more of a “want because I think more options would be cool” than a “the class really needs it.”

Yeah I have always thought such an idea would be nice, but when I imagine an invocation line I actually immediately think of Shiro, lol. Riposting Shadows and Phase Traversal kinda fulfill that mist-traveler fantasy to me.

To be fair to ANet, I'd say all of the core legends are pretty diverse in their application and their role usage aside from Ventari. That's why I've had a change of heart and am in favor of a total rework to Ventari. Still keep it as the most supportive legend, but de-emphasize that role a bit more to make the usage more diverse in other builds, and transfer some of that supportive focus to the weapon skills. At this point I think that would be the healthiest and most hopeful path as much as I hate to admit it.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

> > > >

> > > > > > Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

> > > >

> > > > **The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.** Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

> > > >

> > >

> > > I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

> >

> > Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. **This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns**

>

> There is nothing about elites that suggest your conclusion.

Completely untrue and Anet doesn’t agree with you. **Anet LITERALLY states my conclusion. It’s not even my conclusion, it’s theirs.**

>

> Look at many of the classes that have multiple builds with core and the same type of builds with elites. There is no reason you can't have a viable core Condi class.

This is completely class dependent. There is no hard or fast rule here. However **every class has gaps in their core builds, which is what elite specs are intended to address as Anet has said themselves on many occasions**

>

> Though your argument fails, in general its true that elites are more powerful.

I’m going to state this a 4th time because you apparently didn’t understand it the first time I said it. **Anet’s stance on Elite Specs is that they are supposed to add new playstyles and help fill in gaps in the core classes.**

This isn’t a matter of “my argument fails” (which it very literally doesn’t since it’s not even my argument) it’s a matter of “these are the design decisions that Anet themselves have chosen.” **I’m not sure how the creators of their own game can be wrong about the reasons why they make certain design decisions.**

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.** Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. **This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns**

> > >

> > > I agree with your previous quote. Although I would love more weapons, my biggest issue with the core class is Ventari and its ability to perform as a dedicated support role (which extends to both e-specs as well) especially post-big balance patch. As a pretty diehard core Rev player, the base class is pretty great in most regards. Ancient Echo and an additional core traitline puts it at a totally respectable spot.

> >

> > Yeah I agree ventari needs work to be truly viable in Competitive. I think it’s generally good/okay in PvE. A bigger heal radius would be nice and if that isn’t enough then maybe some sort of fundamental rework.

> >

> > I agree core is in a good spot too! I only wish we had an extra core legend or set of “invocation” utilities, but even that is more of a “want because I think more options would be cool” than a “the class really needs it.”

>

> Yeah I have always thought such an idea would be nice, but when I imagine an invocation line I actually immediately think of Shiro, lol. Riposting Shadows and Phase Traversal kinda fulfill that mist-traveler fantasy to me.

>

> To be fair to ANet, I'd say all of the core legends are pretty diverse in their application and their role usage aside from Ventari. That's why I've had a change of heart and am in favor of a total rework to Ventari. Still keep it as the most supportive legend, but de-emphasize that role a bit more to make the usage more diverse in other builds, and transfer some of that supportive focus to the weapon skills. At this point I think that would be the healthiest and most hopeful path as much as I hate to admit it.

A full ventari rework with more general usage would actually be really great. That’s actually a really solid idea you have. It would be nice to feel like it could do more than just mediocre healing (only due to functionality, not raw numbers) and some defense.

> @"Doctor.1384" said:

> The issue with a mainhand 900 ranged weapon as an elite spec addon is that theres no ranged offhand to pair it with as both offhand options are for closing gaps for melee weapons

There is no issue. You can have a 900 ranged weapon and still close the gap. Also, 900 range doesn’t mean you should be locked at 900.

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > > One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

> > > > >

> > > > > **The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.** Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. **This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns**

> >

> > There is nothing about elites that suggest your conclusion.

>

> Completely untrue and Anet doesn’t agree with you. **Anet LITERALLY states my conclusion. It’s not even my conclusion, it’s theirs.**

>

> >

> > Look at many of the classes that have multiple builds with core and the same type of builds with elites. There is no reason you can't have a viable core Condi class.

>

> This is completely class dependent. There is no hard or fast rule here. However **every class has gaps in their core builds, which is what elite specs are intended to address as Anet has said themselves on many occasions**

>

> >

> > Though your argument fails, in general its true that elites are more powerful.

>

> I’m going to state this a 4th time because you apparently didn’t understand it the first time I said it. **Anet’s stance on Elite Specs is that they are supposed to add new playstyles and help fill in gaps in the core classes.**

>

> This isn’t a matter of “my argument fails” (which it very literally doesn’t since it’s not even my argument) it’s a matter of “these are the design decisions that Anet themselves have chosen.” **I’m not sure how the creators of their own game can be wrong about the reasons why they make certain design decisions.**

The only thing you are correct on is that e-specs add new playstyles, but that is even less true with Revenant than almost any other profession.

There is a complete disconnect with that vs core have a Second Condi Weapon that could be used on Core or Herald or any other Elite in the future.

So, Renegade fails to add what is missing on core and herald concerning additional weapons.

You are free to be bold, caps, or repeat you line over and over about Anets claimed intent, you simple fail to show it with logic and evidence.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> There is a complete disconnect with that vs core have a Second Condi Weapon that could be used on Core or Herald or any other Elite in the future.

>

> So, Renegade fails to add what is missing on core and herald concerning additional weapons.

>

> You are free to be bold, caps, or repeat you line over and over about Anets claimed intent, you simple fail to show it with logic and evidence.

Revenant need two-handed sword already - maybe condi-greatsword : D

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > > > One could say that the need for a condi weapon is a core only issue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also, this has been brought up before on this forum before and several of the vocal Vets will argue incessantly that you just need to run Renegade for condi and that you should forget about having a core option, so dont expect support from the frequent fliers

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **The entire point of elite specs is to fill in gaps in the core class and add new playstyles.** Core doesn’t need to be viable for all things (plus Condi core rev is still decently viable even without renegade; it’s just a step down to run it when you can just run Ren instead).

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I couldnt disagree more on literally everything you said.

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately for you it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me or not. **This is Anet’s stance on Elite Specs and has been since Heart of Thorns**

> > >

> > > There is nothing about elites that suggest your conclusion.

> >

> > Completely untrue and Anet doesn’t agree with you. **Anet LITERALLY states my conclusion. It’s not even my conclusion, it’s theirs.**

> >

> > >

> > > Look at many of the classes that have multiple builds with core and the same type of builds with elites. There is no reason you can't have a viable core Condi class.

> >

> > This is completely class dependent. There is no hard or fast rule here. However **every class has gaps in their core builds, which is what elite specs are intended to address as Anet has said themselves on many occasions**

> >

> > >

> > > Though your argument fails, in general its true that elites are more powerful.

> >

> > I’m going to state this a 4th time because you apparently didn’t understand it the first time I said it. **Anet’s stance on Elite Specs is that they are supposed to add new playstyles and help fill in gaps in the core classes.**

> >

> > This isn’t a matter of “my argument fails” (which it very literally doesn’t since it’s not even my argument) it’s a matter of “these are the design decisions that Anet themselves have chosen.” **I’m not sure how the creators of their own game can be wrong about the reasons why they make certain design decisions.**

>

> There is a complete disconnect with that vs core have a Second Condi Weapon that could be used on Core or Herald or any other Elite in the future.

>

> So, Renegade fails to add what is missing on core and herald concerning additional weapons.

False. Renegade adds a ranged condi option and stronger options for condi damage, something that core is lacking. Herald adds additional boon support and defensive options, as well as additional ways to utilize Upkeep skills. Neither Herald nor Renegade fail in adding to the core class effectively. These are objectively true observations.

>

> You are free to be bold, caps, or repeat you line over and over about Anets claimed intent, you simple fail to show it with logic and evidence.

Again, these are Anet’s statements NOT my own. **This is common knowledge since before Heart of Thorns released.** it’s as if you don’t even read my words since you keep arguing with me telling me my argument doesn’t make sense, **when it’s not even my argument; it’s the developer’s.**

You want evidence? Here’s some evidence for you. The Heart of Thorns Elite Specialization Release page.

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/specializations/

Tempest: “With the design of this elite specialization we’re aiming to add a more direct frontline support option (for elementalist) that rewards precise positioning.”

Dragonhunter: “ **When we set out on the search for the guardian's elite specialization, we looked for areas in which the guardian lacked a solid role.** It turns out that wielding light and virtue as power sources is actually somewhat difficult to do, and **a guardian's abilities are fairly short range** or unconventional in their application. **We thought about how the guardian might handle long-range combat** and supporting allies while fighting on the back lines.”

These are fairly easy to find quotes, however, they’ve commented on this in a much deeper way through video and text interviews. I don’t feel like further digging through 6 years worth of interviews to find more of their statements. Their intention that Elite Specs are supposed to expand upon core specs and fill in gaps/expand playstyles is clear through their statements. As mentioned this is common knowledge. Now some of the evidence is directly in front of your face. **You can choose to disregard it if you want since it doesn’t fit your worldview, but it’s still irrelevant because Anet has been explicitly clear with their intentions for elite specs for 6+ years.**

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Rofl another greatsword thread !

> >

> > >! Knighthonor would be proud.

>

> I don't like Knighthonor guy but is wishing GS as new power weapon for revenant a bad thing? We got shortbow last time local hipster revenant society begged for ranged condi weapon.

> Any VIABLE VARIETY would be really good.

>

If the game gets YET ANOTHER greatsword... because you know, that's such a rare weapon option... it should be condition or support structured. At present there is really no use for any greatsword that doesn't have berserker stats in pretty much any gameplay... At the most you could instead go soldiers for a 'training wheels still required' new player... but... really...

- For a weapon that is so overused, it seriously lacks variety...

Give me Greatsword as a support offhand designed to work best with harrier gear. Then I won't roll my eyes at yet another greatsword...

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Doctor.1384" said:

> > The issue with a mainhand 900 ranged weapon as an elite spec addon is that theres no ranged offhand to pair it with as both offhand options are for closing gaps for melee weapons

> There is no issue. You can have a 900 ranged weapon and still close the gap. Also, 900 range doesn’t mean you should be locked at 900.

>

>

That is essentially the playstyle of any tempest. Scepter / x. Where x is currently Warhorn so ranged both... BUT... the F1-4 overcharge abilities are all melee, and the rotation is all about spamming Overload Air on cooldown. So... it's essentially playing a ranged weapon in melee with 'no downtime when forced to dodge out'.

My problem here is doing that another scepter user would feel repetitive. I'd rather they just give two new weapons built to be paired. Scepter / Focus or Scepter / Warhorn.

- Summon legends or Calldown Legends. The off-hand would give an ability based on the legend you have equipped but NOT active (better: based on a legend you do not have equipped, but then I'm not sure how they would pick which legend). And both 4 and 5 would be 'blast finishers' designed to hit where scepter 2, as a combo field - went off. The trick then would be ensuring this was superior to pairing it with Mace.

The class lacks a physical damage ranged weapon (you known, one which works, not that pile of garbage called hammer). It also lacks AoE physical damage (swords and staff are single target, both core and Herald are really slow at dispatching groups in PvE when use physical damage). So either rework the hammer into a mele range AoE physical damage weapon and add a main hand ranged physical damage weapon with the next spec, or give us a mainhand axe which wortks as Firebrand's axe.

> @"Kichwas.7152" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"Doctor.1384" said:

> > > The issue with a mainhand 900 ranged weapon as an elite spec addon is that theres no ranged offhand to pair it with as both offhand options are for closing gaps for melee weapons

> > There is no issue. You can have a 900 ranged weapon and still close the gap. Also, 900 range doesn’t mean you should be locked at 900.

> >

> >

>

> That is essentially the playstyle of any tempest. Scepter / x. Where x is currently Warhorn so ranged both... BUT... the F1-4 overcharge abilities are all melee, and the rotation is all about spamming Overload Air on cooldown. So... it's essentially playing a ranged weapon in melee with 'no downtime when forced to dodge out'.

>

> My problem here is doing that another scepter user would feel repetitive. I'd rather they just give two new weapons built to be paired. Scepter / Focus or Scepter / Warhorn.

> - Summon legends or Calldown Legends. The off-hand would give an ability based on the legend you have equipped but NOT active (better: based on a legend you do not have equipped, but then I'm not sure how they would pick which legend). And both 4 and 5 would be 'blast finishers' designed to hit where scepter 2, as a combo field - went off. The trick then would be ensuring this was superior to pairing it with Mace.

>

Warhorn summoning an echo of the legend sounds so cool. Would love to use Verdarach on Rev. Still a big fan of focus for Rev too.

> @"Kichwas.7152" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > Rofl another greatsword thread !

> > >

> > > >! Knighthonor would be proud.

> >

> > I don't like Knighthonor guy but is wishing GS as new power weapon for revenant a bad thing? We got shortbow last time local hipster revenant society begged for ranged condi weapon.

> > Any VIABLE VARIETY would be really good.

> >

>

> If the game gets YET ANOTHER greatsword... because you know, that's such a rare weapon option... it should be condition or support structured. At present there is really no use for any greatsword that doesn't have berserker stats in pretty much any gameplay... At the most you could instead go soldiers for a 'training wheels still required' new player... but... really...

> - For a weapon that is so overused, it seriously lacks variety...

>

> Give me Greatsword as a support offhand designed to work best with harrier gear. Then I won't roll my eyes at yet another greatsword...

You're right that greatswords have pretty much the same niche in all classes in being a berserker power dps weapon, but I think that's the niche that needs to be filled with the revenant right now. Elite specs are designed to offer a different type of playstyle that prior specs/core do not explore adequately. Revenant already has enough support built into the two elite specs we have.

Hmm... I kinda like Revenant right now, but I don't really pvp, so...

Sword main hand

It's really good burst and sustain damage.

Sword off-hand

Really good gap closer and burst damage that has lots of synergy with battle scars. I agree that the block it has before was nice though

Hammer

It's not my playstyle, really not. Slow and ranged. I really don't like the skill 2 neither and 4 seems underwhelming.

Staff

My favorite weapon, please don't touch it :(

Really good damage on auto and 5, skill 2 is a good heal if you use centaur stance and some healing power, 3 is a powerful block. 4 is a little bit slow to cast with minimal heal, but it's still good for the condi clean.

Axe

Very good weapon to use with mace. But with others, not so much tbh.

Mace

Condi weapon, I think it's in a good spot. Fire field on skill 2 and leap on 3 is fun to use.

Shield

You really need to use this with sword main hand, dragon stance and healing power / concentration.

Be sure to use f2 after skill 4.

I agree the numbers could be upped a bit more and if skill 5 could be mobile, it would be great.

But in pve, with healing power, salvation and glint trait line, and a good use of the f2 skill, you can have some great results with it.

Shortbow

It's a bit underpowered. Actually, the weapon I like the least on revenant. Some thing should be done with it...

I really think the weapons were meant to be played with their respective stance and specialisation.

I have absolutely no idea how new weapons could fix the problem here, they should fix the weapons we already have.

> @"Edge.8724" said:

> Shortbow

> It's a bit underpowered. Actually, the weapon I like the least on revenant. Some thing should be done with it...

I'm nearly full viper and it feels really good and strong.

Aside from letting us use the AoE behind us, there is **nothing** that should be done with it.

They'll just ruin skills, just like it happened to Coalescence of Ruin and Surge of the Mists.

Coalescence of Ruin really has become a coalescence of ruin.

It would be nice if they added more weapon choices like dual wielding Axes, Scepter, Greatsword and Longbow as core at least. Currently it does feel very unfinished and the lack of weapon choices unsatisfying. The problem is with core rev and I hope it gets addressed.

Minor gripe with hammer for ability 1 it would have been more satisfying if the animations changed like having at least 3 different animations for ability 1.

Personally it would have been a better choice if the legendary chosen also changed the players weapon abilities to better accommodate a specific build rather than having weapons accommodate a legend as it creates more restrictions than anything. IMO this would have justified the lack of weapon choices, currently it does seem unfinished and I hope they listen and add more to it in the future.

> @"Arcaneus.6931" said:

> It would be nice if they added more weapon choices like dual wielding Axes, Scepter, Greatsword and Longbow as core at least. Currently it does feel very unfinished and the lack of weapon choices unsatisfying. The problem is with core rev and I hope it gets addressed.

The problem with revenant is poorly done system legend and weapon swap, not lack of choices bar ranged condi wep which wouldnt be even needed if the swap was removed

The only Rev weapon that is horribly lacking atm is really Hammer. I've found uses for every other weapon, but Hammer right now is just horribly inferior to shortbow in nearly all aspects. Lower DPS, slower, clunkier, easier to outplay. It's only benefit is that it has better defenses, but this does not outweigh the loss it suffers in every other aspect.

The problem seems to be that Hammer was massively overnerfed to appease WvW zergers ( a playerbase that tend to lean towards silver rank in sPvP ) who didn't want to learn how to avoid the highly telegraphed attacks. This has created an issue in higher-level sPvP play, where Hammer is now absolutely useless against more experienced players who actually are aware of its telegraphs. Now, this doesn't mean the telegraphs are a bad thing, far from it if anything Hammer animations are very balanced. It just needs a numbers adjustment to compensate for the fact that the weapon is currently comically ineffective against anyone 1500+. It could then be split in WvW if needed.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> The only Rev weapon that is horribly lacking atm is really Hammer. I've found uses for every other weapon, but Hammer right now is just horribly inferior to shortbow in nearly all aspects. Lower DPS, slower, clunkier, easier to outplay. It's only benefit is that it has better defenses, but this does not outweigh the loss it suffers in every other aspect.

>

> The problem seems to be that Hammer was massively overnerfed to appease WvW zergers ( a playerbase that tend to lean towards silver rank in sPvP ) who didn't want to learn how to avoid the highly telegraphed attacks. This has created an issue in higher-level sPvP play, where Hammer is now absolutely useless against more experienced players who actually are aware of its telegraphs. Now, this doesn't mean the telegraphs are a bad thing, far from it if anything Hammer animations are very balanced. It just needs a numbers adjustment to compensate for the fact that the weapon is currently comically ineffective against anyone 1500+. It could then be split in WvW if needed.

>

>

Hammer never really fit serious PvE content either.

The damage it outputs is just horrendous, made worse by having really silly cast times and even sillier hotboxes.

They should at least give it some self preservation skills and better self peel to make it a good ranging weapon on par with something such as Warrior Rifle.

But no, the real weakness of Revenant is the severe lack of customizability, so much so that they have strictly one set of decent weapon loadout per build, and if any part of that gets nerfed, they have literally no options to swap out to.