Final analysis of the game 7 years after

hugo.4705

**Beware, prepare yourself for a long post, a very long post. This is the end of 2019 and with it the end of my major interest in that awesome game.

So since the 28th August 2012, ton on things happened and in that long following analysis/rant/thanks I will simply address the different part of the game I hated and liked regarding all gamemodes.**

---

So let's the wall of text start. First at all, that game have an awesome universe and liked a lot all the races that are present in it, will not hide it but my favorites will stay Asuras and Charrs.

When I started the game, the first thing I liked a lot was Personal stories, any of them. Whatever choices you pick, all the unique story-lines are awesome: The plots, the steps, how interesting it feels for choosing a special path.

Sadly after lvl 40 and joining the orders, it become really bland, you aren't unique anymore and feels like everyone. Now it's dragon wars and you know it, your race doesn't matter and your past choices too. See that like this: lvl 0-40: Undertale you are "free" of your choice, tons of possibilities of paths and actions within the steps are available to you I will take as example the choice you have to extract Doxa from the golem or fusing Kazz with another golem. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Monkey_Wrench)

Whereas lvl 40-80 is Deltarune, no control over your character anymore, follow the path carved for everyone to become ZE Commander. Choices are highly decreased and **don't matter**, the issue is the same: killing zhaithan.

Of course you still have little choices like choosing between two methods for a mission, in fact TWO choices in the WHOLE orders personal storyline. To remind, it's SIX for the the first part (lvl0-40 personal story) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal

During my first run, I did the dungeons when I received the mail after reaching the required level.

Those dungeons for me were always part of the story/personal story **sadly** they were always shown on the map and within the journal as **optional**. But those are definitely helpful to understand even more the baddies of the game and their motives to spread evil.

They are also nice lore pieces and introduced more than cool reward: The dungeons armors/weapons sets. But they were also the links between that new content and the legendaries: Gen 1 gifts available for 500 tokens of a specific dungeon. But after, what happened? The release of fractals was a **fatal error**. The release of them just proved that Anet Switched to please the rushers and the farmers: No more paths, just a rapid lane, farmable giving you insane non sense of gold and ascended materials. Instead of **killing** the dungeons, **anet** should have released more **dungeons**, and introduced **ascended materials with them**.

For doing dungeon paths, you should not earn useless little gold bags and few tokens, but **ascended stuffs** and elements part of **legendary crafting**. To increase their replay-ability. It's the same with world bosses. But those bosses should be also part of side quests allowing you goodies like special gh decoration, special unique weapon, nice titles reflecting what you have done, what you deserved. Gorgeous rewards, equal between all the gamemodes. I should be able to earn tomes of knowledge rapidly in PvE. The same with transmutation charges. Still son't understand why it's so easy to earn them in WvW whereas it's a pain in PvE.

Indeed, let's speak about those gamemodes. Since the start, PvE received 25 new maps since the start (if I count Southsun cove, silverwastes and dry top) what about PvP and WvW? We can't say as much for them. Also, 7 raids! 2 Expansions, 8 mounts! What received others gamemode? 1 new map lastly in pvp, and 1 mount in WvW nobody wanted.

But well what I call "the casual switcheroo" and some others on reddit too, also affects raid. Dungeons became fractals. Raids became Strikes missions. Expansions became Saga.

What's next? Elite specs becoming Additional Profession weapon unlock bundle? Don't be blind, Elite specs will soon be transformed also in something terrible. A thing more friendly to all type of players but that have as only goal to make you spit money. Spitting it, outside of an expansion, and that for the same price!! Beware soon, as a brand new concept, new map bundle!

Let's return to the core of the issue. We can't continue like this, releasing a map/episode each 3 months that has 0 replay-ability and which one will be rushed in 2 days. (2 hours).

All the others gamemode also deserve more love and support. No new map in WvW... seriously, why no new siege machines and environment/racial themed maps?

You know the best? That game is named **guild wars 2** and you don't even have **guild vs guild**! **An irony**. Note I've already posted several ideas even about a new gamemode ala Fort Aspenwood. I was here asking for raid to have an easy path but I never said to delete them from earth to replace them with strikes.

Now, the "endgame" yeah let's speak about what you can do once you're fully ascended, finished the stories. There is only **fashion wars**. Yeah legendaries are fashion wars for me, it's just to looks cool and say to other "I'm over you see how shiny I am with my leggy and blinding infusions!" Buying it on the net or not. But I hope not everyone is like this and that some make it to feels proud and have a feeling of accomplishment. This is my case. I've made the predator for feeling proud of finishing it, note I don't even use the skin, I've transmuted it into Arcane Marksman Rifle.

The whole game is GRIND WARS . You suffer to have a few gold. I'm speaking, outside of doing mindless and stultifying farm of the same content over and over. (hello silverwastes, fractals, dragon stand, dragonfall and other BS) I want to be rewarded equally for doing the content I like during the same amount of time whatever it is: World bosses, Map completion, events, dungeons, WvW or PvP. Then, I have to return to legendary to report of big of a scam is generation 2 leggies compared to gen 1: Here are the two I've crafted.

Can we speak also about all the beautiful skins like steampunk wings locked behind bl chests? Where your only way to have key is to recreate a new character each week to kill it at lvl 10? That's how you want us to play your game? That's pathetic. Those keys should be available for doing various activities instead of that monstrosity of a genocide of our own characters at lvl 10. It is hard to put guaranteed BL key after killing 10 World bosses in a row, after 10 fractals, after doing 4 dungeon paths, as a potential daily reward? As a monthly?!!!!!!!!! At least be honest, be decent and give us a way to obtain statuettes even if it's 5 for 50 gems on the gemstore!!! **no other way to have keys/statuettes that's unacceptable**. (No worries see below, made a paragraph about **rewards**. cf starts with "secondly") At least, add rewards tracks to PVE!

---

**Case 1: Gen 1 The predator. Require: 1x Hunter (Precursor) + 1x Gift of the Predator + 1 Gift of Fortune + 1 Gift of Mastery**

Hunter=essence of bounty + spirit perfected rifle + living flame + scope (fun little quests implying killing world bosses as example)

Gift of the Predator=Gift of Wood + Gift of Stealth + 100 icy runestones + 1 superior sigil of force (4x 250 of wood planks + gift of crucible of eternity and some stuffs)

Gift of Fortune=77 mystic clovers, 250 ectos, +250x all T6 Materials (Gift might+magic)

Gift of Mastery=bloodstone shard + 250 obsidian shards + 1 gift exploration + 1 gift of battle

Sure at 100% that I've spent less than 500 gold to craft it from A to Z.

**Case 2: Gen 2 Binding of Ipos. Require: 1x Ars Goetia (Precursor) + 1x Mystic tribute (oh lord i hate that thing so muuchh) + 1x Gift of Ipos + 1x Gift of Desert Mastery (in my case)**

Ars Goetia= Mystic Curio, mystic curio and even more mystic curio with supplement of mystic curio. (Well to sum up, ~10150 mithril ingots and ~5800 elder wood planks LOL ~417 G)

Mystic Tribute=2 gifts of condensed Magic and Might + 77 mystics clovers + 250 mystic coins (hmmm what? I think you did a mistake, sensed to be ectos... woohoo i'm in debt!)

You liked gift of magic and might hmm? **now farm 4 tiers of each materials!!!** woohoo even more fun, really angry at the dev who designed that BS.

Gift of Ipos= **Awesome quaggan poop** (now I have to farm 250x 4 tiers of dust!!! ohoho what is this? my old friend! **100 x shards of dark arts, so mystic curios 144 Gooolldd **)

And 100 mystic runestones, nothing to say, same price as the others that's cool.

Gift of Desert mastery= nothing particular, good recipe, need to wander around desert and buying stuffs apart those funerary incenses. Did the choice to obtain them via crystalline ingots.

Currently doing it, already spent over 600 gold.

---

And guess what, **for the same required items at the vendor, in the case of ingots I'm limited to 5 incenses per day per account!!!!!!!! You're kidding me?**

**I have 250 crystalline ingots and I can't even spend all of them at once?!!!**

I'm punished? For doing exactly the same thing but turning the raw materials (obsidian shards and ectos) into crystal ingots!!?

See the difference between the two, for the Predator, I just have to go in any LS4 MAP and buy Shipments to get those 250 T6 Rapidly making the process really easy to do whereas for gen 2, you asking me to have ton of every tier and so forcing me to buy them on TP for a ton of additional cost? Well let's say I farm those materials, the incenses are still an issue. Plus what the heck, **250 mystics coin for a tribute**?!!!! Even Gift of fortune, who is superior to it requires only ectos!!! And what is that bs, you call that a legendary? For gen 2 you don't even have a little story behind it and the interactions with your master crafter/ master hobbs that you have for crafting Generation 1 !!! No more feelings, no more exploration, **no more living world**.

**THE PREDATOR REQUIRED ME TO COMPLETE THE STEALTH CHALLENGE OF ASH LEGION AND KILLING BOUNTIES THAT MAKES SENSE.**

**WHAT ASKED ME BINDING OF IPOS APART MY GOLD AND MY WALLET?!!! PUNISHED FOR DOING A GEN 2? lol. Gen 1 are better.**

---

Secondly, I'm really concerned by the **bad decisions** made along the years **that removed everything that makes the game gorgeous and unique to me**.

If some of you remember, we used to have **dailies and monthlies**. Each of them rewarded you with 1 **mystic coin**. Their cost wasn't that high at that moment. 1 Coin for a daily and 30 coins, yes 30 **mystic coins** for completing the monthly. It means that you could earn 60 **mystics coin per month**. How much can you earn **now**?!!

Bohoo yes, **only** 20. Yes 20. 2+4+6+8. Quoted from the past for truth:

"Daily is an achievement category earned by doing a set of simple tasks. Each day of the week has its own set of five achievement tracks, though some achievement tracks may appear on multiple days. Completing them all rewards the character with a total of 18% experience towards the next level, a level-dependent amount of coin, one Mystic Coin, one Jug of Liquid Karma, one laurel, and adds 25 Achievement points to the player's account." -Wiki in the past

25 AP yes 25 AP + a Mystic Coin and a laurel!! What you have now? Experiences writs x)

That's a main reason why I'm infuriating. But that's not the only thing. Us engineers, used to have a backpack appearing while using a specific kit, it's no more. We were also able to decide when to overcharge a turret and when to destroy it. It's no more too. And that's really sad to butcher core features.

To continue, PvE map environments and quests. Several quests have been tuned down for again that "Casual switcheroo" or should I say all the rushers that want to have everything done in 2 secs. But it's an MMORPG, **stop butchering quests, revert them to their original state!**

**"Assist Researcher Kaii with Incomp's scrap heap."** Metrica Province, Now players aren't the golem/suit, instead a golem pet spawn near them to perform the action. No more wait time while repairing and fixing stuffs. It's instantaneous.

**"Help Blopp stop the Inquest from using hylek poison to drive lake creatures crazy. "** Metrica Province, Now those poor new players don't have to go into the water! Moved the poison ampoules outside of Aquannian research group POI the original base of Inquest in that area. The ampoules were in the lake.

**"Support Doola's golemancing research."** Metrica Province, Removed the fun activity golem chess. Because PLAYERS AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN. =RESTORE THEM SERIOUSLY!!!!

**"Help Valiant Mathair secure Vandal's Claim."** Brisban Wildlands, Removed destructible Inquest Portal for no reasons, guess, taking to much time to destroy it? READD THEM.

**"Help the Order of Whispers sabotage Inquest weapon tests on the hylek village of Tzanopl Grounds."** Mount Maelstrom, can't shoot with the cannon on Hyleks anymore LOL unethical?

Well can continue with others but sorry have to continue about the other things..... But those quests change are blatant in starter areas.

---

To go on, I hope you remember the old version of the trait-lines, **that thing**: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:April_2014_Feature_Pack_Trait_Unlock.jpg

It was imho way far better and efficient than the new model. You used to choose which stats boosts you want and using several traits from all the lines together making unique combinations. It was clear. You add points, you invest them how you want. The hero challenge icon, was also better, that cute blue arrow. Now it's an ugly thing with a person shape on it.

It was also before the 2014 NERFING PACK. Before the nerf of power. When my Engie was 3200 armor, 3200 power, powerful in PvP and correct in WvW. It's no more.

(Somehow managed to reach same stats thanks to holosmith. But when I have 25 stacks of might xD)

---

Warning, no starts the positivity, the goods things the game added, who brought me joy:

**-LS1**. I know the story improved since, but I liked Scarlet and her personality, the fact she was invincible. Had very good time during battle of LA and doing the events like closing the portals or the Marionette. The first time I've discovered the nightmare tower, the molten facility, the aetherblade hideout... The events of breachmaker and the knights...

And especially the Old Lion's arch. And even that **you screwed it up!** *cough positivity.. At least I'm happy of seeing those LS1 fractals allowing me to experience that content again. Now please do the attack on lion's arch and the marionette as fractals.

**-The personal story,** what made the difference is those animated dialogues scenes with the nice looking painted/pencils background. https://static1.millenium.org/article_old/images/contenu/actus/mmorpg/guild_wars_2/gw2_cinematique_conversation_01_hd.jpg It really feels like a theater. I like it,you see the characters, they have gestures and emotions.

It's not the same with the recent 3D ones like Joko or Fraenir. It feels more like a film and I don't like it, the camera just turn around, zoom, unzoom... PFF but that's my opinion, those conversations and their background are one of the charms of the game to me. It was like everything nice, removed to be replaced with simple standing npcs with speech bubbles...

**-The map design,** Anet THIS is the ACE in your hand. Frankly since the start, I don't have complain about the maps. Just kourna, but here I'm sure because of lack of time.

Through for 3 months... Maps rushed, with closed door, unfinished assets or events/ metas are unacceptable. Take more time if needed or sacrifice useless contents like bounties.

Thinking of Bjora marches I'm worried.... Grothmar, even without quests was awesome. But quests are nice, the ones saying no are again the rushers wanting to finish the map the fastest for what, a transmut charge? Quests bring live to map, making them living like actual peoples are in them, in troubles, that is the aim of a mmorpg. RPG = quests = npcs = troubles = hero that help them but also lore and roleplay.

**-The expansions** bring fresh wind to the game with revolutionizing elite specs, set of giant maps and a new intrigue. **They also increase your earnings**.

**-In game rewards** like the dungeons armors/weapons sets, the cultural armors, great effort on the cultural armors, another cool thing making you happy of choosing a race.

**-The mounts** I never felt wanting them, but I'm happy to see them, I just feel weird seeing nobody using them in core maps.

**-The different races and professions** Again like Asura and Charr.

**-SAB, Halloween and Wintersday**

**-Ambient dialogues and minigames** like progenies insults and golem chess in metrica. Hidden skritt in rata sum is cool too. Still no Polymmock, sad times indeed.

And that's it, no other good points ;/ would have liked to add your villains, but you ruined all of them, amazing. Joko was killed too soon, before becoming a threat. Kudu undergone the same treatment. No news from Kuda and her mother. Kralkatorrik was finished with skritts. Balthazar was meh. Mordry killed by its own mind... Zhaithan was okay. Good buildup.

Many plots was rushed, think of Menzies, Rata Novus was rapidly explored not even the cube shown on the map... Since the launch obvious map links aren't used: Ebonhawke gate to desert, south-east of maelstrom judgement rock... right of southsun cove.... wizard tower....

---

To end that whole wall of text. This is the end, my last feedback, global about the whole game. I've sent ton of bug reports, ton of bots reports, even reported map/collision issues into the sticky threads. Nothing happened. I don't want to participate on the wiki anymore. And I'm decided that's 0 € from me since now. Apart for paying an expansion + especs. I don't put money on a game I don't know where is going plus in a Company that doesn't care of their awesome game since they are continuing to work on stupid side projects? You never learn? You want to save that game? Everyone work on it, **stop redirecting resources to side projects like unknown mobile games**. I can't stay forever in a game that doesn't want me. It doesn't help me crafting a leggy, it doesn't help me earning gold, it's doesn't give me the envy to buy something on the gemstore, I don't want to recommend it. 6 Years ago, for all of that, it was a yes. Continue the downfall, don't release especs. Soon, nobody will be here anymore to play LS or to be milked. I heard and said that sentence too much time: "GW2 is an awesome game with wasted potential"

For me it's now: GW2 is a wasted game.

Hugo's out. I will not repeat myself one million time. Interested in my ideas and suggestions? Simple, click on the red words called "links" at the bottom of that post, in my "signature" (those small texts just under that sentence.) Thanks. Guess i will now only log in game. And less in the forums. Hope this is read by someone of Anet but I have 0 hopes.

Thanks for the awesome time you delivered at launch. Don't play with peoples feelings. Stop passing non expansion features for expansion. Stop over-hyping things deserving only a blog post. Restore AFC forums chats, make the devs speaks with the players. Meet the players in game. Play their game, play YOUR game. SEE by yourself the BUGS, the ISSUES, the BOTS. I will not report them anymore. (PS: this is a soft version, wanted to make a more violent one but it would lead to nothing. Can't force myself to hide what I think anymore)

Special thanks to:

-Creator of SAB, halloween and wintersday

-Maker of Crucible of Eternity and MkII weapons sets and evil factions

-Who designed any core Tyria maps, Sandswept Isles, Ember Bay, Grothmar Valley

-All the sounds designers/artists who made loading screens.

-Everyone who made personal story steps: sounds, arts or dubbing the voices.

-Who participated in creating ls1

> @"hugo.4705" said:

~SNIP~

>

> To end that whole wall of text. This is the end, my last feedback, global about the whole game. I've sent ton of bug reports, ton of bots reports, even reported map/collision issues into the sticky threads. Nothing happened. I don't want to participate on the wiki anymore. And I'm decided that's 0 € from me since now. Apart for paying an expansion + especs. I don't put money on a game I don't know where is going plus in a Company that doesn't care of their awesome game since they are continuing to work on stupid side projects? You never learn? You want to save that game? Everyone work on it, STOP DIRECTING RESOURCES TO SIDE PROJECTS. I can't stay forever in a game that doesn't want me. It doesn't help me crafting a leggy, it doesn't help me earning gold, it's doesn't give me the envy to buy something on the gemstore, I don't want to recommend it. 6 Years ago, for all of that, it was a yes. Continue the downfall, don't release especs. Soon, nobody will be here anymore to play LS or to be milked. I heard and said that sentence too much time: "GW2 is an awesome game with wasted potential"

> For me it's now: GW2 is a wasted game.

>

> Hugo's out. I will not repeat myself one million time. Interested in my ideas and suggestions? Simple, click on the red words called "links" at the bottom of that post, in my "signature" (those small texts just under that sentence.) Thanks. Guess i will now only log in game. And less in the forums. Hope this is read by someone of Anet but I have 0 hopes.

> Thanks for the awesome time you delivered at launch. Don't play with peoples feelings. Stop passing non expansion features for expansion. Stop over-hyping things deserving only a blog post. Restore AFC forums chats, make the devs speaks with the players. Meet the players in game. Play their game, play YOUR game. SEE by yourself the BUGS, the ISSUES, the BOTS. I will not report them anymore. (PS: this is a soft version, wanted to make a more violent one but it would lead to nothing. Can't force myself to hide what I think anymore)

>

~SNIP~

>

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, which everything you wrote down is. However, there's two things you have wrong, the new current side project is at the direction of NCSoft West, which has taken a more active role in running ArenaNet(hence the reasoning behind MO's departure without a replacement), it's also ONE project, and they need more than one game to survive as a studio.

The second part, AFC's are gone, the person that ran them no longer works for the company, and you can not make devs speak with the players, that has to be something the devs do on their own. If you force them to interact with the player base they will just up and quit and go work elsewhere. I wouldn't want to interact with this player base if I was a dev, knowing it from the players side as I do, there's to many players that feel they know what's best...forgetting the game as a road map that was already drawn out before the game was even released. Yes, the entire story was already in a basic road map before release, so unless you want to throw that out the window and come up with something completely different, then you're wasting development time and resources.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> The release of them just proved that Anet Switched to please the rushers and the farmers:

Please the rushers, farmers, the _"i need new hype thing every week"_(LS1)... the habit of overhype things that revel not be great thing later(sylvari civil war hype, etc).

I dont agree about LS1 being "great", the LS1 model and his lore was just was the initial symptom of the disease(unrepeatable content//unreplayability of maps).

I agree on maps, the maps art, geography design in general is the strongest point of Anet.

"Everybody can be everything" is another original sin, and lauch more elite specs will just aggravate the problem, new elite specs is just more of the same at moment, will be really great have a shield necro or warrior with stealth? revenant with greatsword? this model exausthed too, and the playerbase are deluded thinking this will refresh the game.

Anyway good luck in your new paths, youre a very smart and insightful guy, I'm sure success will accompany you.

I play since beta. If I do a review of the +7 years, that would be a long post too. However, taking distance to all of it, what remains are the main global facts:

- I still have loads of unfinished business. No way I could get bored.

- The game is continuously evolving (by now very different from what it was originally) with always something to discover/update/relearn.

- I have many friends with whom I share big fun.

So, in short, after +7 years playing, I have of course some things I dislike, even a few making me angry (Anet please hurry to do something for WvW), but all in all, I still enjoy this game a lot and will certainly not stop in a near future. =)

Saying that the new maps are not replayable isn't true, since I keep replaying them. To me raids aren't playable or replayable. I get more out of any of the new maps than I have out of any dungeon in the game. See it depends on what type of content you prefer. I don't prefer instanced content over open world content, and I don't prefer multiplayer content over content that gives me an option to solo if I want to.

Because you don't like what's on offer, you paint the game as a game without replayable content. I have a guild full of people replaying that content. Pretty sure most of them have never set foot inside a dungeon.

So much misinformation in one thread. Let's clear it out from the OP

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Indeed, let's speak about those gamemodes. Since the start, PvE received 25 new maps since the start (if I count Southsun cove, silverwastes and dry top) what about PvP and WvW? We can't say as much for them. Also, 7 raids! 2 Expansions, 8 mounts! What received others gamemode? 1 new map lastly in pvp, and 1 mount in WvW nobody wanted.

You first state that PVE received 25 new maps and then you say that pvp got 1 map. Let's fix that. The game launched with 4 PVP maps and one of them was scrapped. 10 maps were added to PVP over the years, one to replace the map that was deleted. Doesn't look so bad this way right? In addition there were many revamps to the reward system, Seasons, Automated Tournaments. I don't think maps was ever a complaint in PVP, but rather balance is always a problem and having to play only Conquest.

WVW got 2 new maps, compared to the 2 it launched with, and one part of a map was re-created to be a new map. There have been new siege equipment added, new siege tools/gadgets, the mechanics (like Bloodlust) and revamps to the rewards. And multiple new World Experience tracks.

Compared to how both modes launched, they got -a lot-. Yes they've both been on the neglected side for a long time with only partial updates, and... lies (alliances, swiss tournaments that are still coming) but it's not like the game modes got nothing over the last 7 years. In fact the main problem with both PVP and WVW is that anything added wasn't very well received. Remember the break out events in WVW? Remember old Skyhammer in PVP? The one to blame for the lack of WVW and PVP development is sadly the community of those game modes that express their love over something and when it's released they do an 180. Edge of the Mists was universally loved during beta stages and trashed when it was released, same with Stronghold. Same with the Desert Borderlands (yes in beta people loved it), same with Deathmatch (everyone asking for it, everyone hating it once it's added)

Can't really please the PVP/WVW community, which is why they feel neglected, even though at times they got attention.

> If some of you remember, we used to have DAILIES AND MONTHLIES. Each of them rewarded you with 1 MYSTIC COIN. Their cost wasn't that high at that moment. 1 Coin for a daily and 30 COINS, yes 30 COINS for completing the monthly. It means that you could earn 60 MYSTICS COINS PER MONTH. How much can you earn NOAW?!!

> Bohoo yes, ONLY 20. Yes 20. 2+4+6+8. Quoted from the past for truth:

> "Daily is an achievement category earned by doing a set of simple tasks. Each day of the week has its own set of five achievement tracks, though some achievement tracks may appear on multiple days. Completing them all rewards the character with a total of 18% experience towards the next level, a level-dependent amount of coin, one Mystic Coin, one Jug of Liquid Karma, one laurel, and adds 25 Achievement points to the player's account." -Wiki in the past

> 25 AP yes 25 AP + a Mystic Coin and a laurel!! What you have NAOW? Experiences writs x)

Mystic Coins are worth 1g on the trading post, you get 2g from the daily now. You used to get nothing from the daily (in terms of gold). So in a month now you get 20 mystic coins + 60 gold. In the old system you got 60 coins... honestly you now get way more than you used to so I'm not sure what you are on about.

I am brand new, a fresh refugee from WoW, where I paid $15 a month for ten years. I had to Google what she meant by killing characters at level ten for keys. Seriously, people would rather go through all of that than pay $1.12 for a key? (At 5 for 450 gems) I mean I understand what it is to be broke, but you can't expect a company to stay afloat if you're unwilling to pay anything for their product.

That is indeed a long wall of text. But compared to many others, it has structure and is not very difficult to read (except for the C A P S parts). I agree with many of your points. But honestly I think, we are no longer part of the target-group. That is why so many decisions appear like errors to us. We have belonged to the target-group in the early years, but they always want to make new customers with the next generations. So they have to adjust their course constantly.

I do not want to argue with you, but here are two points I want to talk about from another perspective, as they matter a lot to me:

**Reporting**

The forums are not the correct place for that. Neither is reddit or any other public platform. We had a couple of martyrs over the years who tried to force ANet to act in a certain direction. By the time they understood the true impact of their actions, their accounts were suspended permanently. The staff is not blind. In the most cases there are good reasons they do not take actions.

The best way of reporting players, bugs and exploits is the ingame report-system. It is very well written and easy to use, even if you have never made a report before. The second best way of reporting is sending an e-mail to exploits@arena.net. You can make those mails long, explain things and add more pictures. I frequently use both methods, they work.

However ANet has an own idea of the level of importance of issues. What appears like a massive exploit to me, may be addressed in 1-3 years. What appears to be a minor bug, might be fixed before the next regular patch. I witnessed both situations a lot over the years. As we are players, we cannot see the full potential of our observations. We can imagine the impact according to our experience, but they have the insight and see the big picture. That is why many of us suggest to "report and move on." Once an issue is reported, the problem is done for us players. We have done all in our power. From that point on, it is their decision what to do and when to do it. With all the negative consequences. If their strategy backfires, you can say "told you so." Been at that point as well. Reported an exploit and finished with my usual line "If I was able to figure this out, you can be sure someone else will be as well." And two days later some smart person posted a video on youtube, executing that exploit and linked it to the forums as a flex. /shrug

**Suggestions**

The forums are read by a lot more people than we might imagine. The suggestions are rarely copied 1:1 into the game. They are wonderful sources of inspiration. So you can be certain, people read them. I do not know about the correct structures within the company, but I guess they discuss the ideas & reactions of the community in meetings weekly. Probably in smaller groups, fitting the right sub-sections. If interacting with us was not that risky, they would probably do it more frequently. But whenever a staff-member says or writes a thing, there are plenty of people recording it and even more interpreting and judging it. There is too little official information, so we take what we can get.

Some suggestions make it into the game. I noticed a couple of those, added in LS sections for testing purposes. Some worked quite well and I hope to see them return in future content as well. Especially the LS episodes are imo giant sandboxes for all kinds of tests. Unfortunately many players ignore them or see them as bugs. I have noticed a couple of player-suggestions tested already, but I am certain I have found less than 5 %.

Your suggestions may not make it into the next patch, or the one after that. They may not copy it 1:1 or pm you for more details. But they are noticed by the community and the staff. Again, we do not know how their structures operate and how they decide what is important and what not. As with reporting, our part is done when the suggestion was made. The decisions, the development and implementation are not our problem. It is always helpful to get some further details, as it may shorten the development-phase. It is absolutely fine to repeat suggestions once in a while. Some things leave the board un-noticed, it happens everywhere.

-

I personally enjoyed reading the suggestions of @"hugo.4705" over the years. Always walls of text, but with a lot of attention to detail. It has always been entertaining and inspiring. Seeing a familiar face go is always sad. But I understand your reasoning and I agree with many of the points you have listed. Happy new year and best wishes for the future!

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> So much misinformation in one thread. Let's clear it out from the OP

>

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Indeed, let's speak about those gamemodes. Since the start, PvE received 25 new maps since the start (if I count Southsun cove, silverwastes and dry top) what about PvP and WvW? We can't say as much for them. Also, 7 raids! 2 Expansions, 8 mounts! What received others gamemode? 1 new map lastly in pvp, and 1 mount in WvW nobody wanted.

>

> You first state that PVE received 25 new maps and then you say that pvp got 1 map. Let's fix that. The game launched with 4 PVP maps and one of them was scrapped. 10 maps were added to PVP over the years, one to replace the map that was deleted. Doesn't look so bad this way right? In addition there were many revamps to the reward system, Seasons, Automated Tournaments. I don't think maps was ever a complaint in PVP, but rather balance is always a problem and having to play only Conquest.

> WVW got 2 new maps, compared to the 2 it launched with, and one part of a map was re-created to be a new map. There have been new siege equipment added, new siege tools/gadgets, the mechanics (like Bloodlust) and revamps to the rewards. And multiple new World Experience tracks.

>

> Compared to how both modes launched, they got -a lot-. Yes they've both been on the neglected side for a long time with only partial updates, and... lies (alliances, swiss tournaments that are still coming) but it's not like the game modes got nothing over the last 7 years. In fact the main problem with both PVP and WVW is that anything added wasn't very well received. Remember the break out events in WVW? Remember old Skyhammer in PVP? The one to blame for the lack of WVW and PVP development is sadly the community of those game modes that express their love over something and when it's released they do an 180. Edge of the Mists was universally loved during beta stages and trashed when it was released, same with Stronghold. Same with the Desert Borderlands (yes in beta people loved it), same with Deathmatch (everyone asking for it, everyone hating it once it's added)

>

> Can't really please the PVP/WVW community, which is why they feel neglected, even though at times they got attention.

>

> > If some of you remember, we used to have DAILIES AND MONTHLIES. Each of them rewarded you with 1 MYSTIC COIN. Their cost wasn't that high at that moment. 1 Coin for a daily and 30 COINS, yes 30 COINS for completing the monthly. It means that you could earn 60 MYSTICS COINS PER MONTH. How much can you earn NOAW?!!

> > Bohoo yes, ONLY 20. Yes 20. 2+4+6+8. Quoted from the past for truth:

> > "Daily is an achievement category earned by doing a set of simple tasks. Each day of the week has its own set of five achievement tracks, though some achievement tracks may appear on multiple days. Completing them all rewards the character with a total of 18% experience towards the next level, a level-dependent amount of coin, one Mystic Coin, one Jug of Liquid Karma, one laurel, and adds 25 Achievement points to the player's account." -Wiki in the past

> > 25 AP yes 25 AP + a Mystic Coin and a laurel!! What you have NAOW? Experiences writs x)

>

> Mystic Coins are worth 1g on the trading post, you get 2g from the daily now. You used to get nothing from the daily (in terms of gold). So in a month now you get 20 mystic coins + 60 gold. In the old system you got 60 coins... honestly you now get way more than you used to so I'm not sure what you are on about.

Clearly gold value isn't everything to everyone.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> Of course you're entitled to your opinion, which everything you wrote down is. However, there's two things you have wrong, the new current side project is at the direction of NCSoft West, which has taken a more active role in running ArenaNet(hence the reasoning behind MO's departure without a replacement), it's also ONE project, and they need more than one game to survive as a studio.

>

> The second part, AFC's are gone, the person that ran them no longer works for the company, and you can not make devs speak with the players, that has to be something the devs do on their own. If you force them to interact with the player base they will just up and quit and go work elsewhere. I wouldn't want to interact with this player base if I was a dev, knowing it from the players side as I do, there's to many players that feel they know what's best...forgetting the game as a road map that was already drawn out before the game was even released. Yes, the entire story was already in a basic road map before release, so unless you want to throw that out the window and come up with something completely different, then you're wasting development time and resources.

Thanks to you for clarifying that the people running the AFC isn't here anymore, wasn't aware, apart, was it Gaile Gray? Don't know.

About the games, I know that as a company/studio, they need others game to survive. If I remember well, they also have Aion, Lineage, Blade and Soul and some others...

What I was speaking about is the side projects they used to have driving the resources from GW2 away. Like unknown Mobile games. Of course I don't blame them for having other main titles, I just want them to care of GW2 if they really want to help GW2 continuing / surviving some more years. With their hearts, ideas and works.

---

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

>

> Please the rushers, farmers, the _"i need new hype thing every week"_(LS1)... the habit of overhype things that revel not be great thing later(sylvari civil war hype, etc).

> I dont agree about LS1 being "great", the LS1 model and his lore was just was the initial symptom of the disease(unrepeatable content//unreplayability of maps).

>

> I agree on maps, the maps art, geography design in general is the strongest point of Anet.

>

> "Everybody can be everything" is another original sin, and lauch more elite specs will just aggravate the problem, new elite specs is just more of the same at moment, will be really great have a shield necro or warrior with stealth? revenant with greatsword? this model exausthed too, and the playerbase are deluded thinking this will refresh the game.

>

> Anyway good luck in your new paths, youre a very smart and insightful guy, I'm sure success will accompany you.

Yup that's the issue, it's not good for all classes to have access to every weapons. I just want them to finish a triad. A third specialization and that's all. Some weapons should stay unusable by some professions and some not. I do believe a third spec will shake the game, spice it up. I just think that classes that have only melee weapons should have ranged ones and the opposite too. Yes maybe the model is now exhausted. Maybe it's a mistake continuing doing them? But only releasing LS episodes will not bring veterans back. Frankly, I can't say why they have spikes during expansions, the specs? The giant maps? The story? Nobody knows. But they can do tests: Release only specs during an ls episode to see what happens as example. But Again, only ANET knows what is the best for their game.

---

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> K. Bye. See you when you get back.

Yup. Bye, enjoy the forums. (Also anyone else, have a good time ^^) I guess I will do more dungeons or RP in game.

---

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> Saying that the new maps are not replayable isn't true, since I keep replaying them. To me raids aren't playable or replayable. I get more out of any of the new maps than I have out of any dungeon in the game. See it depends on what type of content you prefer. I don't prefer instanced content over open world content, and I don't prefer multiplayer content over content that gives me an option to solo if I want to.

>

> Because you don't like what's on offer, you paint the game as a game without replayable content. I have a guild full of people replaying that content. Pretty sure most of them have never set foot inside a dungeon.

Indeed, everyone enjoy different things, I also have guildies that enjoy raiding or fractaling, and even if it's the same path/bosses same time, they still enjoy it. And so I'm very happy for you and them. When I speak of replay-ability, I speak mostly of PvE maps where once you did the story and collections, there is no reasons to come back. Raids/fractals are another cup of tea, you can continue doing them because you need to do legendary armor or just because you enjoy it. Once you have your legendary armor (if this was your goal, can say also legendary backpack in fractals) no reason to do it anymore apart if you have fun. But again, to each its favorite content and what you love doing. Overall, In my honest opinion, I think that PVE have poor replayability if you aren't interested in fractals/raids.

---

> So much misinformation in one thread. Let's clear it out from the OP

>

> You first state that PVE received 25 new maps and then you say that pvp got 1 map. Let's fix that. The game launched with 4 PVP maps and one of them was scrapped. 10 maps were added to PVP over the years, one to replace the map that was deleted. Doesn't look so bad this way right? In addition there were many revamps to the reward system, Seasons, Automated Tournaments. I don't think maps was ever a complaint in PVP, but rather balance is always a problem and having to play only Conquest.

> WVW got 2 new maps, compared to the 2 it launched with, and one part of a map was re-created to be a new map. There have been new siege equipment added, new siege tools/gadgets, the mechanics (like Bloodlust) and revamps to the rewards. And multiple new World Experience tracks.

>

> Compared to how both modes launched, they got -a lot-. Yes they've both been on the neglected side for a long time with only partial updates, and... lies (alliances, swiss tournaments that are still coming) but it's not like the game modes got nothing over the last 7 years. In fact the main problem with both PVP and WVW is that anything added wasn't very well received. Remember the break out events in WVW? Remember old Skyhammer in PVP? The one to blame for the lack of WVW and PVP development is sadly the community of those game modes that express their love over something and when it's released they do an 180. Edge of the Mists was universally loved during beta stages and trashed when it was released, same with Stronghold. Same with the Desert Borderlands (yes in beta people loved it), same with Deathmatch (everyone asking for it, everyone hating it once it's added)

>

> Can't really please the PVP/WVW community, which is why they feel neglected, even though at times they got attention.

>

> Mystic Coins are worth 1g on the trading post, you get 2g from the daily now. You used to get nothing from the daily (in terms of gold). So in a month now you get 20 mystic coins + 60 gold. In the old system you got 60 coins... honestly you now get way more than you used to so I'm not sure what you are on about.

So let's see what we have. So I've only said that pvp got 1 map recently not in total. But anyway, the game started with 3 pvp maps, got 10 added so 13. 13 compared to 26 is still the half, you proved nothing, there is no misinformation. Yes, as you said, the real issue with PVP was the balance along the years. In terms of maps, WvW have currently 4 maps, 4 compared to 25 is still very week, (around 1/6 factor). But they did an effort adding the rewards tracks. But it lead to the same issue, overall, the mode who god the more support was PVE.

For the second paragraph (Compared to how -> everyone hating once it's added), I completely agree, they got well more than at the start, but they never added something stunning or as you said, well received by community. I will take examples of the no downstate events, the warclaw, the worlds rearranging. But yes, it is currently hard to understand clearly, what WvW community wants.

Now about the mystic coins, I think I surely wasn't clear. The gold coins are now 1g50s something like that, in the past during those gold coins dailies they were at 20 silvers if I remember well, did mystic weapons for nothing. The point I'm trying to make is that, at that time it was cheaper and easier to earn them to craft legendaries or craft mystics thingies with it. Even if the dailies weren't giving you gold, it gave you laurels. So 60 laurels, and those can be converted to gold. Currently, I think 1 laurel, for a T6 Box worth around, 65 silvers, something like that. It's still a good amount of gold. Plus, at that time, dungeons used to be more rewarding, speaking in term of gold.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Dungeon&oldid=676162 (old wiki) I know that peoples used to farm Arah because it was giving 3g per path, so 10g50s for doing the whole. Now multiply that by 30 days. YES, 300g. Sure dailies weren't giving gold at that time, but several other things was more rewarding, including dungeons.

I remember well that good era.

---

> @"Asenath.8694" said:

> I am brand new, a fresh refugee from WoW, where I paid $15 a month for ten years. I had to Google what he meant by killing characters at level ten for keys. Seriously, people would rather go through all of that than pay $1.12 for a key? (At 5 for 450 gems) I mean I understand what it is to be broke, but you can't expect a company to stay afloat if you're unwilling to pay anything for their product.

Perfectly understand your perspective, would have say the same if I was playing subscription based games in the past. Since my childhood I used to buy games, 45€, 60€, 290€ the console or whatever. For 30€ I will take example of crash bandicoot, my reward was discovering each new level and ultimately finishing the game. That's how I took GW2, I've paid for the core game , I've paid for HOT and I've paid for POF. Do you really think i haven't spent a penny? I've used 60€ to have 2 2000 gems skins! The lightbinder and the shrine guardian. I'm willing to pay them. But nothing in the gemstore push me too, that's simple. They only succeeded through expacs. Believe me, they release "Housing instance, 2000 gems" on gemstore, I'm buying it, they release "Pack of asura origins maps" I buy it. I understand they need money, and I want to give them some too. In seven years they haven't made me open my wallet a lot. For keys, I don't know anyone who buy them, they all recreate a toon each week to kill it before the next week.

---

> @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> That is indeed a long wall of text. But compared to many others, it has structure and is not very difficult to read (except for the C A P S parts). I agree with many of your points. But honestly I think, we are no longer part of the target-group. That is why so many decisions appear like errors to us. We have belonged to the target-group in the early years, but they always want to make new customers with the next generations. So they have to adjust their course constantly.

>

> I do not want to argue with you, but here are two points I want to talk about from another perspective, as they matter a lot to me:

>

> **Reporting**

> The forums are not the correct place for that. Neither is reddit or any other public platform. We had a couple of martyrs over the years who tried to force ANet to act in a certain direction. By the time they understood the true impact of their actions, their accounts were suspended permanently. The staff is not blind. In the most cases there are good reasons they do not take actions.

>

> The best way of reporting players, bugs and exploits is the ingame report-system. It is very well written and easy to use, even if you have never made a report before. The second best way of reporting is sending an e-mail to exploits@arena.net. You can make those mails long, explain things and add more pictures. I frequently use both methods, they work.

>

> However ANet has an own idea of the level of importance of issues. What appears like a massive exploit to me, may be addressed in 1-3 years. What appears to be a minor bug, might be fixed before the next regular patch. I witnessed both situations a lot over the years. As we are players, we cannot see the full potential of our observations. We can imagine the impact according to our experience, but they have the insight and see the big picture. That is why many of us suggest to "report and move on." Once an issue is reported, the problem is done for us players. We have done all in our power. From that point on, it is their decision what to do and when to do it. With all the negative consequences. If their strategy backfires, you can say "told you so." Been at that point as well. Reported an exploit and finished with my usual line "If I was able to figure this out, you can be sure someone else will be as well." And two days later some smart person posted a video on youtube, executing that exploit and linked it to the forums as a flex. /shrug

>

> **Suggestions**

> The forums are read by a lot more people than we might imagine. The suggestions are rarely copied 1:1 into the game. They are wonderful sources of inspiration. So you can be certain, people read them. I do not know about the correct structures within the company, but I guess they discuss the ideas & reactions of the community in meetings weekly. Probably in smaller groups, fitting the right sub-sections. If interacting with us was not that risky, they would probably do it more frequently. But whenever a staff-member says or writes a thing, there are plenty of people recording it and even more interpreting and judging it. There is too little official information, so we take what we can get.

>

> Some suggestions make it into the game. I noticed a couple of those, added in LS sections for testing purposes. Some worked quite well and I hope to see them return in future content as well. Especially the LS episodes are imo giant sandboxes for all kinds of tests. Unfortunately many players ignore them or see them as bugs. I have noticed a couple of player-suggestions tested already, but I am certain I have found less than 5 %.

>

> Your suggestions may not make it into the next patch, or the one after that. They may not copy it 1:1 or pm you for more details. But they are noticed by the community and the staff. Again, we do not know how their structures operate and how they decide what is important and what not. As with reporting, our part is done when the suggestion was made. The decisions, the development and implementation are not our problem. It is always helpful to get some further details, as it may shorten the development-phase. It is absolutely fine to repeat suggestions once in a while. Some things leave the board un-noticed, it happens everywhere.

>

> -

>

> I personally enjoyed reading the suggestions of @"hugo.4705" over the years. Always walls of text, but with a lot of attention to detail. It has always been entertaining and inspiring. Seeing a familiar face go is always sad. But I understand your reasoning and I agree with many of the points you have listed. Happy new year and best wishes for the future!

>

>

Appreciated. Yes, will reedit the text, to transform the C A P S parts into bold parts. After writing, I'm now aware it wasn't a good idea and it hurts my eyes too. Will do it the fastest possible. Now, about your help about all those points, thanks very much again, HnRkLnXqZ. Will take them of course in consideration.

---

Again, thanks thanks everyone for their answers. ^^

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Now about the mystic coins, I think I surely wasn't clear. The gold coins are now 1g50s something like that, in the past during those gold coins dailies they were at 20 silvers if I remember well, did mystic weapons for nothing. The point I'm trying to make is that, at that time it was cheaper and easier to earn them to craft legendaries or craft mystics thingies with it. Even if the dailies weren't giving you gold, it gave you laurels. So 60 laurels, and those can be converted to gold. Currently, I think 1 laurel, for a T6 Box worth around, 65 silvers, something like that. It's still a good amount of gold. Plus, at that time, dungeons used to be more rewarding, speaking in term of gold.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Dungeon&oldid=676162 (old wiki) I know that peoples used to farm Arah because it was giving 3g per path, so 10g50s for doing the whole. Now multiply that by 30 days. YES, 300g. Sure dailies weren't giving gold at that time, but several other things was more rewarding, including dungeons.

> I remember well that good era.

Going to only comment on this because It bugs me since it is one of those one-sided views.

The cost for legendary weapons overall has remained mostly stable over the years. Yes, even when mystic coins were 2 silver a piece (which was not due to supply, but demand. Demand was very low given how MC were nearly useless outside of Legendary Weapons back then and even for those a lot less compared to the tier 2 legendarys). Proof? Check any of the multiple trading post websites and look up tier 1 legendary weapon cost.

The main difference is the shift in price of T4-6 materials. Those dropped to nearly 1/2 or 1/3rd of the original price. That is without even getting into all the new methods of farming gold, which are significantly more compared to the "old times".

So yes, Mystic Coins are worth more, everything else is worth less. It evens out. The complaint gets tiring.

As for dungeons, I've done the math in the past, even on the forums, they reward around the same amount they did pre nerf now (after their buff shortly after the nerf). They require 8 unique paths though, unlike before. The difference is: they compete with a lot more lucrative content and an open world which can be soloed (which again can yield far more gold/hour, which ties in with the other argument that it's a lot easier to farm gold nowadays). The statement that dungeons provide less loot is pure factual incorrect. What is correct is: they do not provide enough loot for a majority of the player base to want to bother with them.

As to everything else: interesting insightful post, hope you find the will to check back with the game down the road, hopefully finding a live and expanded game upon return.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> So let's see what we have. So I've only said that pvp got 1 map recently not in total. But anyway, the game started with 3 pvp maps, got 10 added so 13. 13 compared to 26 is still the half, you proved nothing, there is no misinformation. Yes, as you said, the real issue with PVP was the balance along the years. In terms of maps, WvW have currently 4 maps, 4 compared to 25 is still very week, (around 1/6 factor). But they did an effort adding the rewards tracks. But it lead to the same issue, overall, the mode who god the more support was PVE.

First, the game launched with FOUR PVP maps.

Battle of Kyhlo, Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire and Raid on Capricorn. They added 10 more maps and removed Raid on the Capricorn (replaced with Revenge of the Capricorn).

Second, the game launched with 25 PVE zones, 4 PVP zones and 2 WVW zones.

Over 7 years the game got 26 PVE zones, 10 PVP zones and 2 WVW zones

Now tell me which is weak exactly? PVE and WVW zones doubled in 7 years, PVP maps increased 2.5 times over

So compared to how the modes started, all modes got a very good amount of zones, especially PVP. Relevance is important which also seems that you are missing.

> Now about the mystic coins, I think I surely wasn't clear. The gold coins are now 1g50s something like that, in the past during those gold coins dailies they were at 20 silvers if I remember well, did mystic weapons for nothing. The point I'm trying to make is that, at that time it was cheaper and easier to earn them to craft legendaries or craft mystics thingies with it. Even if the dailies weren't giving you gold, it gave you laurels. So 60 laurels, and those can be converted to gold. Currently, I think 1 laurel, for a T6 Box worth around, 65 silvers, something like that. It's still a good amount of gold. Plus, at that time, dungeons used to be more rewarding, speaking in term of gold.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Dungeon&oldid=676162 (old wiki) I know that peoples used to farm Arah because it was giving 3g per path, so 10g50s for doing the whole. Now multiply that by 30 days. YES, 300g. Sure dailies weren't giving gold at that time, but several other things was more rewarding, including dungeons.

> I remember well that good era.

No you don't remember that "good era" at all.

Mystic Coins weren't worth 1g 50s during "those days of dailies", so you were getting far less gold. It is cheaper and easier to earn mystic coins now to craft legendary weapons. You get them from skirmish chests, PVP reward tracks and from fractal dailies now (things that didn't exist in the "good old days". You can get up to 3 every day from Fractals, it's a common drop.

Other than that, you can get 59 Laurels every 28 days from the login rewards. So compared to the 60 you got in 30 days... the Laurels argument is invalid.

Several things were more rewarding than today, but more things were added to the game that are more rewarding that those.

If you spend the time it would take you to finish Arah everyday in Istan (and other big meta maps), or finish the fractal dailies, you will earn more gold than you could "in the old days".

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> ~SNIP~

> >

> > To end that whole wall of text. This is the end, my last feedback, global about the whole game. I've sent ton of bug reports, ton of bots reports, even reported map/collision issues into the sticky threads. Nothing happened. I don't want to participate on the wiki anymore. And I'm decided that's 0 € from me since now. Apart for paying an expansion + especs. I don't put money on a game I don't know where is going plus in a Company that doesn't care of their awesome game since they are continuing to work on stupid side projects? You never learn? You want to save that game? Everyone work on it, STOP DIRECTING RESOURCES TO SIDE PROJECTS. I can't stay forever in a game that doesn't want me. It doesn't help me crafting a leggy, it doesn't help me earning gold, it's doesn't give me the envy to buy something on the gemstore, I don't want to recommend it. 6 Years ago, for all of that, it was a yes. Continue the downfall, don't release especs. Soon, nobody will be here anymore to play LS or to be milked. I heard and said that sentence too much time: "GW2 is an awesome game with wasted potential"

> > For me it's now: GW2 is a wasted game.

> >

> > Hugo's out. I will not repeat myself one million time. Interested in my ideas and suggestions? Simple, click on the red words called "links" at the bottom of that post, in my "signature" (those small texts just under that sentence.) Thanks. Guess i will now only log in game. And less in the forums. Hope this is read by someone of Anet but I have 0 hopes.

> > Thanks for the awesome time you delivered at launch. Don't play with peoples feelings. Stop passing non expansion features for expansion. Stop over-hyping things deserving only a blog post. Restore AFC forums chats, make the devs speaks with the players. Meet the players in game. Play their game, play YOUR game. SEE by yourself the BUGS, the ISSUES, the BOTS. I will not report them anymore. (PS: this is a soft version, wanted to make a more violent one but it would lead to nothing. Can't force myself to hide what I think anymore)

> >

> ~SNIP~

> >

>

> Of course you're entitled to your opinion, which everything you wrote down is. However, there's two things you have wrong, the new current side project is at the direction of NCSoft West, which has taken a more active role in running ArenaNet(hence the reasoning behind MO's departure without a replacement), it's also ONE project, and they need more than one game to survive as a studio.

>

> The second part, AFC's are gone, the person that ran them no longer works for the company, and you can not make devs speak with the players, that has to be something the devs do on their own. If you force them to interact with the player base they will just up and quit and go work elsewhere. I wouldn't want to interact with this player base if I was a dev, knowing it from the players side as I do, there's to many players that feel they know what's best...forgetting the game as a road map that was already drawn out before the game was even released. Yes, the entire story was already in a basic road map before release, so unless you want to throw that out the window and come up with something completely different, then you're wasting development time and resources.

>

>

You're wrong about mystic coins, you can earn up to 118 per month. The 28 you mention are there, but you have:

1) Ley line anomaly

2) 2 Tier 4 CM mode fractals that reward 1 on completion.

Both the above are dailies. So theoretically it's an extra 90 a month. Almost double what they had before. Maybe, just maybe, they're rewarding people invested in the game with more legendary mats. A successful anomaly is decently valuable if you sell the coin: 1.5g for coin, 50s worth of vendor junk and a guaranteed rare, which in average salvages into a glob of ecto. This isn't counting rarer leathers or t6 mats i've received from time to tine.

> First, the game launched with FOUR PVP maps.

> Battle of Kyhlo, Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire and Raid on Capricorn. They added 10 more maps and removed Raid on the Capricorn (replaced with Revenge of the Capricorn).

> Second, the game launched with 25 PVE zones, 4 PVP zones and 2 WVW zones.

> Over 7 years the game got 26 PVE zones, 10 PVP zones and 2 WVW zones

> Now tell me which is weak exactly? PVE and WVW zones doubled in 7 years, PVP maps increased 2.5 times over

> So compared to how the modes started, all modes got a very good amount of zones, especially PVP. Relevance is important which also seems that you are missing.

>

> No you don't remember that "good era" at all.

> Mystic Coins weren't worth 1g 50s during "those days of dailies", so you were getting far less gold. It is cheaper and easier to earn mystic coins now to craft legendary weapons. You get them from skirmish chests, PVP reward tracks and from fractal dailies now (things that didn't exist in the "good old days". You can get up to 3 every day from Fractals, it's a common drop.

> Other than that, you can get 59 Laurels every 28 days from the login rewards. So compared to the 60 you got in 30 days... the Laurels argument is invalid.

> Several things were more rewarding than today, but more things were added to the game that are more rewarding that those.

>

> If you spend the time it would take you to finish Arah everyday in Istan (and other big meta maps), or finish the fractal dailies, you will earn more gold than you could "in the old days".

1- PVE: 25+26 = 51 , PVP: 4+10=14 , WVW: 2+2=4 That's simple, the point I'm making since the start is the number of maps. Sorry but 51 is higher than 14 or 4.

+26 is a bigger map number increase than +14 and +2 that's the only thing I'm saying. Sure they got things along the years like balance, rewards tracks, traps or whatever. But in terms of maps, the difference is here. Point. (Just used your numbers)

2- No mystics coins in skirmish chests (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Chest) but I guess you are speaking about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track. But well, for all the chests, that's only 6 mystic coins. 2+4. About the laurels, yes it's similar. But the loss of achievement point as example can't be denied. Also for peoples not doing fractals/wvw. That's still only 20 mystics coin for them versus 60 before. (speaking of just dailies) I guess everyone felt it differently, but for me it was a gold age before, but if you want to speak about how to generate ton of gold per hour do it. But that's my argument since the start, sure you have your pile of gold but for doing the same content again and again and again...

"No new map in WvW... seriously, why no new siege machines and environment"

Tbf, they have tested the waters by creating the Desert Borderlands along with special events (ex: golem rush, no downstate, and core swap) and things like deployable cannons and repair hammers which the feedback from it was, more or less ill-received.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> 1- PVE: 25+26 = 51 , PVP: 4+10=14 , WVW: 2+2=4 That's simple, the point I'm making since the start is the number of maps. Sorry but 51 is higher than 14 or 4.

And the number of maps means exactly nothing. The amount of maps the game launched with shows the focus, and how much effort was spent towards the different modes. Everything else is relevant to how it was on release and in those terms it's simple: all modes got their **fair** share of new maps.

> 2- No mystics coins in skirmish chests (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Chest) but I guess you are speaking about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track. But well, for all the chests, that's only 6 mystic coins. 2+4. About the laurels, yes it's similar. But the loss of achievement point as example can't be denied. Also for peoples not doing fractals/wvw. That's still only 20 mystics coin for them versus 60 before. (speaking of just dailies) I guess everyone felt it differently, but for me it was a gold age before, a better period. But don't say to another person "you don't remember" because it doesn't have the same opinion as you. thanks. Speaking for doing the same thing, so in my specific case, doing all arah paths + dailies, you earned more before. I just speak of the cost of the coins.

For laurels, still getting achievement points, that's a moot point, in fact you probably get more now than before. Also, the value of laurels has gone up considerably.

As for the mystic coins, you get 20 from the login rewards, at least 5 from the daily mystic forger, and up to 3 from the fractal dailies (that's up to 90 per month). Someone that used to farm Arah daily shouldn't have a problem doing Fractals daily. All fractal dailies + dailies will award more of nearly everything than all arah paths + dailies in the past.

Edit: Layline Anomaly, Fractal CMs and the Skirmish chests are other ways of earning Mystic Coins. You can get a silly amount of MCs now compared to the past.

It's funny how you compare the old dailies with the new. The old dailies took a considerable amount of time (and even effort) to finish, as you had to finish TEN of them to be rewarded. The dailies now are completed in 5 minutes tops as you only have to finish 3. Also, finishing the fractal dailies now takes far less time than doing full arah runs every day "back in the day" before the expansions. So not seeing this comparison of yours at all.

@Hugo.4704 on the replayability of living world maps

You're missing my point. You say living world maps are only replayable until you've finished the story and the collections. Aside from the fact that for casual players who don't play every day that can take a very long time, it takes me a pretty long time too and I play a lot. I've still got a couple of metas to run to finish the map on the new zone. That's because I do other things in between. I'm not just focused on the new map until I burn it out, I still have a game full of content.

I also run the new map on multiple alts. Because I can use different new maps to farm different things, including the currencies of those maps, which you eventually end up needing more on. Because I play those maps more than you're suggesting, I didn't have to grind for skyscale currency and I didn't have to grind for currency for vision, because I had them. I don't know a lot of people that have all the stellar and astral weapons, because that's a LOT of Kralkite Ore.

Take the new zone. You can farm that zone to get currency for any other season 4 zone. The meta in Dragonfall is still decent loot and the zone is sufficiently fun. People can run the same raid over and over, but to some people, metas are open world raids. I mean Palawadan was done for ages just for the profit. People still farm the Silverwastes for the same reason and that's a map from living world Season 1 and no one is saying Silverwastes is unplayable. There's a guild that does regular Dry Top runs and that's a map from LS Season 1. People still go and do the Chalice of Tears jumping puzzle. I live the JP in Siren's Landing. There are all sorts of reasons to go back to other zones and replay them. Just remember, you don't have to grind to replay. Yesterday I found myself in 2 season 3 zones and 2 season 4 zones. And there were people doing events in all those zones.

A group of us got together and killed a legendary bounty on Sandswept Isles and while we were there we did the specimen lab meta yesterday. Replaying a zone doesn't have to mean living in the zones. It's like an amusement park adding rides. The world gets bigger and there's more stuff to do for people who like open world content.

> @"cyberzombie.7348" said:

> "No new map in WvW... seriously, why no new siege machines and environment"

>

> Tbf, they have tested the waters by creating the Desert Borderlands along with special events (ex: golem rush, no downstate, and core swap) and things like deployable cannons and repair hammers which the feedback from it was, more or less ill-received.

They were ill-received because these were gimmicky events that no one asked for instead of putting that effort into changes people actually want and have asked for.

Yeah, gw2 second gen legendaries cost a lot more than gen one, but the cost of them isn’t really a problem since gw2 is really just grind wars/fashion wars. Getting the legendary trinkets on the other hand with achievements locked behind group content, now that’s what I find is a real pain.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > @"cyberzombie.7348" said:

> > "No new map in WvW... seriously, why no new siege machines and environment"

> >

> > Tbf, they have tested the waters by creating the Desert Borderlands along with special events (ex: golem rush, no downstate, and core swap) and things like deployable cannons and repair hammers which the feedback from it was, more or less ill-received.

>

> They were ill-received because these were gimmicky events that no one asked for instead of putting that effort into changes people actually want and have asked for.

True that.

> @"Abyssisis.3971" said:

> Yeah, gw2 second gen legendaries cost a lot more than gen one, but the cost of them isn’t really a problem since gw2 is really just grind wars/fashion wars. Getting the legendary trinkets on the other hand with achievements locked behind group content, now that’s what I find is a real pain.

Well yes, group contents about a specific map is great when the map is still "hot" after it become harder. About grind wars, they could disguise it a little... you know.. yes farming gold or mats but adding as an npc requiring them or side quests, not just gather them, craft it, spend it. ^^ and if it's collections, they should use soloable events.