Final analysis of the game 7 years after

hugo.4705

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> @Hugo.4704 on the replayability of living world maps

>

> You're missing my point. You say living world maps are only replayable until you've finished the story and the collections. Aside from the fact that for casual players who don't play every day that can take a very long time, it takes me a pretty long time too and I play a lot. I've still got a couple of metas to run to finish the map on the new zone. That's because I do other things in between. I'm not just focused on the new map until I burn it out, I still have a game full of content.

>

> I also run the new map on multiple alts. Because I can use different new maps to farm different things, including the currencies of those maps, which you eventually end up needing more on. Because I play those maps more than you're suggesting, I didn't have to grind for skyscale currency and I didn't have to grind for currency for vision, because I had them. I don't know a lot of people that have all the stellar and astral weapons, because that's a LOT of Kralkite Ore.

>

> Take the new zone. You can farm that zone to get currency for any other season 4 zone. The meta in Dragonfall is still decent loot and the zone is sufficiently fun. People can run the same raid over and over, but to some people, metas are open world raids. I mean Palawadan was done for ages just for the profit. People still farm the Silverwastes for the same reason and that's a map from living world Season 1 and no one is saying Silverwastes is unplayable. There's a guild that does regular Dry Top runs and that's a map from LS Season 1. People still go and do the Chalice of Tears jumping puzzle. I live the JP in Siren's Landing. There are all sorts of reasons to go back to other zones and replay them. Just remember, you don't have to grind to replay. Yesterday I found myself in 2 season 3 zones and 2 season 4 zones. And there were people doing events in all those zones.

>

> A group of us got together and killed a legendary bounty on Sandswept Isles and while we were there we did the specimen lab meta yesterday. Replaying a zone doesn't have to mean living in the zones. It's like an amusement park adding rides. The world gets bigger and there's more stuff to do for people who like open world content.

>

>

Thanks for explaining, nobody will say that silverwastes, dragonfall, istan are unplayable because those are gold farms. They have a carrot to make you return. I also have alts, 7 in total. For each, I complete the map, praise rngjesus for a key, and never return there. For the skyscale, I did it after completion so farmed them each for the currencies stacks got fed up. It reminded me when I farmed for ascended armor.

Also would I let's say, play for fun those maps, If I don't even want the ascended stuffs at vendor or legendaries trinklets (not interested in them, just more grind, already fed up).

You will always find some players in old maps because of the flux of new/ancient players. But this is no fun (speaking for me).

I'm more attracted by the story, the lores, the little things I can explore. Take grothmar as example, in the secret ash HQ and within the warden tower you have sheet of papers with asuran writtings on them. I can't even please myself translating them because the texture is so bag I can't even read the texts!! Same within lab sigma 05 or rata primus. Can tell the same about the stuffs in main cities. I want to feel part of the world.

In your case it will take more to complete them, because you do other things. But once you will have finished your businesses, you will maybe think the same. As example, again, let's take sandswept, after my 2nd map completion I was aware of all the metas, events, poi, vistas, quests of the map, no more to discover. (Wanted to explore further, but all the stone portals are decorative). What keeps me in the game currently? Seeing if they will add something to SAB. And finishing binding of ipos. As some said in another thread, I would also enjoy housing. Have to satisfy myself with gh decos currently, the devs know I am thanksful for adding them.

But believe me, add reward tracks in PvE and I will be happier. Able to earn clovers, and whatever good stuffs while doing what I like. Will incite me to repeat anything.

I you want me to express myself about another thing, tell me. :)

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @Hugo.4704 on the replayability of living world maps

> >

> > You're missing my point. You say living world maps are only replayable until you've finished the story and the collections. Aside from the fact that for casual players who don't play every day that can take a very long time, it takes me a pretty long time too and I play a lot. I've still got a couple of metas to run to finish the map on the new zone. That's because I do other things in between. I'm not just focused on the new map until I burn it out, I still have a game full of content.

> >

> > I also run the new map on multiple alts. Because I can use different new maps to farm different things, including the currencies of those maps, which you eventually end up needing more on. Because I play those maps more than you're suggesting, I didn't have to grind for skyscale currency and I didn't have to grind for currency for vision, because I had them. I don't know a lot of people that have all the stellar and astral weapons, because that's a LOT of Kralkite Ore.

> >

> > Take the new zone. You can farm that zone to get currency for any other season 4 zone. The meta in Dragonfall is still decent loot and the zone is sufficiently fun. People can run the same raid over and over, but to some people, metas are open world raids. I mean Palawadan was done for ages just for the profit. People still farm the Silverwastes for the same reason and that's a map from living world Season 1 and no one is saying Silverwastes is unplayable. There's a guild that does regular Dry Top runs and that's a map from LS Season 1. People still go and do the Chalice of Tears jumping puzzle. I live the JP in Siren's Landing. There are all sorts of reasons to go back to other zones and replay them. Just remember, you don't have to grind to replay. Yesterday I found myself in 2 season 3 zones and 2 season 4 zones. And there were people doing events in all those zones.

> >

> > A group of us got together and killed a legendary bounty on Sandswept Isles and while we were there we did the specimen lab meta yesterday. Replaying a zone doesn't have to mean living in the zones. It's like an amusement park adding rides. The world gets bigger and there's more stuff to do for people who like open world content.

> >

> >

>

> Thanks for explaining, nobody will say that silverwastes, dragonfall, istan are unplayable because those are gold farms. They have a carrot to make you return. I also have alts, 7 in total. For each, I complete the map, praise rngjesus for a key, and never return there. For the skyscale, I did it after completion so farmed them each for the currencies stacks got fed up. It reminded me when I farmed for ascended armor.

>

> Also would I let's say, play for fun those maps, If I don't even want the ascended stuffs at vendor or legendaries trinklets (not interested in them, just more grind, already fed up).

>

> You will always find some players in old maps because of the flux of new/ancient players. But this is no fun (speaking for me).

>

> I'm more attracted by the story, the lores, the little things I can explore. Take grothmar as example, in the secret ash HQ and within the warden tower you have sheet of papers with asuran writtings on them. I can't even please myself translating them because the texture is so bag I can't even read the texts!! Same within lab sigma 05 or rata primus. Can tell the same about the stuffs in main cities. I want to feel part of the world.

>

> In your case it will take more to complete them, because you do other things. But once you will have finished your businesses, you will maybe think the same. As example, again, let's take sandswept, after my 2nd map completion I was aware of all the metas, events, poi, vistas, quests of the map, no more to discover. (Wanted to explore further, but all the stone portals are decorative). What keeps me in the game currently? Seeing if they will add something to SAB. And finishing binding of ipos. As some said in another thread, I would also enjoy housing. Have to satisfy myself with gh decos currently, the devs know I am thanksful for adding them.

>

> But believe me, add reward tracks in PvE and I will be happier. Able to earn clovers, and whatever good stuffs while doing what I like. Will incite me to repeat anything.

>

> I you want me to express myself about another thing, tell me. :)

I understand you think those maps are not replayable but I replay them for fun. Not just the stories but the events. I go with other people and join them on their journies as well. One of the reasons I have so many characters through the stories. I just see it as replayable content.