Connection issues / don't dish out dishonor to players that dc after a period of increasing ping

Hello,

I am experiencing frequent disconnects lately, and it has happened in the past also.

But now it's getting ridiculous. I get disconnected during PvP ranked matches mostly, and this hurts.

Today only I got DCs in 3 ranked matches, and one of them my team was leading 390 to 320, i got DC, i RECONNECTED but meanwhile enemy captured all points, we eventually lost 480 to 500 or so, and at the end EVEN THOUGH I RECONNECTED , I was kindly awarded with a Dishonor for 25 minutes. way to go, losing the ranked match was punishment enough already, but on top of that giving the Dishonor to someone who had no fault he got Disconnected is overkill. I'm sure you can improve your regional coverage, as the region i'm in, Romania, central-east Europe, has some obvious problems (in the past, when I had connection problems, more from my region had too).

Or at least, when a player gets disconnected from a PvP match, analyze his ping over some period before the disconnect. Because if someone gets a DC after a period of increasing/high ping, it's obviously a connection issue and not intention to abandon the match. More the less grant dishonor to a player who actually reconnected to the match because that's simply retarded.

Later today I was in WvW, running out of inventory space and I popped out an Instant Bank Access, and guess what happened imediatelly after? Disconnect => my bank access token got wasted like it never existed.

And before anyone jumps in and blames my internet connection, I must say that when these disconnects happen, my internet connection to anything else is still strong and I do not experience any lag

> @StormscalE.2874 said:

> Or at least, when a player gets disconnected from a PvP match, analyze his ping over some period before the disconnect. Because if someone gets a DC after a period of increasing/high ping, it's obviously a connection issue and not intention to abandon the match. More the less grant dishonor to a player who actually reconnected to the match because that's simply kitten.

Unfortunately that means the quitters would just start some torrents up before pulling the network cable. Sucks that you're having problems and I hope you can get them fixed but if you start making ways around the DC penalty people will abuse it. Cheaters gonna cheat.

As much as I feel for your loss, the problem is, you shouldn't really be in a competitive match with unstable Internet. Unplayable? Yeah, I would take it as a hint to stop for a while an do something else. As things are, that's the reality anyways. However if it was for a whole day, I could argue a case with you that it'd need adjusting. But 25 minutes, hmm.

• 7 months later...

I know it's kinda an old thread, but this just happened to me. And it is not about playing with unstable internet connection. I got the wall run/no keys responding treatment on the pvp map but I was still able to chat with my guild mates, browsing the internet etc.. So it was definitely a connection issue to the pvp instance server. I was able to reconnect after the game client finally pushed me to character select and continue plus finish the game. Still got a 10 minutes GTFO buff. So this is my contribution to devs, if any is reading, to help fine tune this system.