Scouting without participation has become useless, arrowcarts arre useless, too.

gohliz.9283

Well me and my friends are dedicated roamers and we also scout most of the time. It should be an active job most of the time. True that scouting and roaming are two different jobs but you can do both without compromising your scouting elements. If your server does not reward scouting well, switch to roaming and use traps and constant roaming (and also map awareness) to see the enemy movement. You can get active participation but some of your work would be really boring, like refreshing siege on your way, repairing damaged structures without using the structures own supplies (that requires you to take the nearest camp and do several supp runs), flipping camps when your comm is engaged with enemy zerg and so on.

It is not my intention to teach or patronize you by the way. I am just sharing my information. As I do not know your rank, experience and style I tried to give an overall depiction/information on the topic.