Free world transfer upon upgrade (support ticket delayed)

Fox.2018

Greetings!

I'm new to the GW2 forums, and i wish i had something fun to discuss. But unfortunately, i'm having an issue that needed a quick reply by the support team, but it's not the case. I've been reading some posts about their delay being caused by the release of Path of Fire, so that's understandable. My issue is that i started playing recently and upgraded this account with the purchase the expansions, and i was supposed to have a free world transfer because of that. Basically i picked a random home world to start, but now i have a guild and i wanted to play WvW with them in another server, but when i tried to transfer it prompted me a windows to purchase this (1800 gems). Is there a way to speed up the process for my ticket or anything else i can do? I provided all information requested and filled all the boxes on my ticket, and it's been 72 hours since. Plus, i'd like to know if someone else had this problem or managed to successfully transfer their home world for free after upgrading. This screenshot i found on a reddit post may help those who are not aware of this:

![](https://i.imgur.com/9WIvtzQ.jpg "")

It's not full, that's why i'm worried it takes too long. It's one of those servers that seems to be full most of the time. But do you know anything about this free transfer for upgraded accounts? Have you used yours? I haven't found much info about this.

Right when Path of Fire launched. I'm playing only in this account currently, since it's my new one. I'm through the HoT stories already, but i'd love to play WvW with my guild mates. But to do so, i have to understand what is goin' on with this free pass i was supposed to have, so i can transfer my home world for the first time.

The free transfer is a lie. I upgraded my account and never had a free transfer. I had to delete all my characters and wait for a month and a half with the release of PoF for support to respond and change my home world.

Also, Beta characters still haven't been wiped, so if you want to transfer again you cannot until they delete them.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Unless policy has recently changed, all Play4Free accounts do, indeed, receive a free transfer upon upgrading to a paid account because Play4Free accounts can not transfer to a different World.

I'm one of those who had to pay even for the core game before it became free but that should guarantee everyone a free transfer and they didn't give us anything. I don't see why it should be any different. It would only seem fair and reasonable.

> @Inoki.6048 said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Unless policy has recently changed, all Play4Free accounts do, indeed, receive a free transfer upon upgrading to a paid account because Play4Free accounts can not transfer to a different World.

>

> I'm one of those who had to pay even for the core game before it became free but that should guarantee everyone a free transfer and they didn't give us anything. I don't see why it should be any different. It would only seem fair and reasonable.

If you desire to transfer at no cost, you can, as always, delete all your characters and choose a new Home World.

Good luck.

Just to let you guys know and whoever read this and are having the same issue. CS replied to my ticket yesterday, and i'll paste his last paragraph: "As for your free server transfer, I have reviewed your account and you do qualify for one, just as long as the server is not full, we can assist you. When you are ready to ask for a server transfer, please send us a ticket and we'll get to it as soon as possible."

Basically, players who upgrade their accounts are indeed qualified to be transfered but they can't do it on their own for some reason. Although, if CS takes long enough and the server you desire to transfer is full you'll have to wait for another opportunity (my case sadly).