Scourge Gear

Oldirtbeard.9834

To be fair, I felt the same way about it, but once I actually started playing it, it just started to feel right.

For open world you really only have to drop a shade on you and the mob and then use F5, maybe your torch skills as well as a few auto attacks. I primarily stay in d/torch for open world with Sc/dagger on swap. When dealing with packs of mobs, I'll do the same, but usually on a vet, and then epi off of it for easy kills.

For raids and t4 fractals, I run Sc in one main hand and torch in the opposite offhand, so I can get the benefits of swapping, without having to have two of those weapons. I don't find Dagger offhand as useful in most Fractal/Raid environments, as your druid will typically cleanse them before you can transfer them back, and seems like it becomes a dps loss.

But easiest thing to do is start with open world, and then tranistion into more difficult content, as your comfort level with the spec increases.

Good Luck.

Full filers and the rotation for raids and area's where you need to maximise your dps. But also remember that just numbers isn't what defines a fight, there's also and more importantly mechanics and movement

As for open wold, take parasitic contagion with vipers and sinister, really fun to melt people and mobs with all that burst Condi and staying alive with all that healing.

If you're doing open world and low-level fractals in Viper's gear you won't need to worry about rotations - the content isn't hardcore enough to require such optimal play. If you'd like a build that will ease you in to playing the Scourge I'd recommend running Sand Savant to begin with along with Dessicate and/or Signet of Undeath and/or Shadow Fiend. With these you'll have more leeway when positioning your shades and using your shade abilities, making things easier to learn.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> Is there a training wheel rotation that you can learn the basics with whom sprinkling in other things that gives you some decent base line DPS?

Training wheels? When im drunk and dont want to think i switch the scepter to dagger so you can spam f5 and f3 for shield. Swap bar to LF signet, power signet, amd shadow fiend. Use minion heal and minion ulti. Now just summon friends, spam shadow fiend, summon shroud, f5, f3, warhorn 5, dagger 1. Not nearly as great but faceroll and simple. No you wont do ad well but ive never felt behind the damage curve with the groups ive been around.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @Maunzi.3764 said:

> > Wait until today's patch, at least. It is possible that things change drastically, perhaps even in the favor of reaper.

>

> I wish I had your optimism.

Pessimism won't improve the predictable result of the overnerf, so I can at least try to be optimistic as long as possible.

> @Maunzi.3764 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @Maunzi.3764 said:

> > > Wait until today's patch, at least. It is possible that things change drastically, perhaps even in the favor of reaper.

> >

> > I wish I had your optimism.

>

> Pessimism won't improve the predictable result of the overnerf, so I can at least try to be optimistic as long as possible.

This is why I play Power Reaper, it's like being a NY Jets fan or a Cleveland Browns fan, it can only get better.