Boon-Stacking Ranger; Comments please

xocorret.7543

So I tried my hand at theory crafting and here is the first (playable) PvE build I came up with:

[view at gw2skills.net](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQNBjODbkRFaVxeVwZF4axQeQ5F/yfFfIE9ZwGAlwafRTnIB-jRBBwA10NA4hAAd/hAXAALHBAA-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQNBjODbkRFaVxeVwZF4axQeQ5F/yfFfIE9ZwGAlwafRTnIB-jRBBwA10NA4hAAd/hAXAALHBAA-e")

The basic idea was to use **Bountiful Hunter** as a core mechanic, upping the damage for each boon I (and my pet) can acquire.

To get there, **Hunters Gaze** is employed as well as **Nature's Vengance**, keeping up the spirits to stack further boons, **Strength of the Pack** and then topping it off with **Potent Ally**.

The latter makes it imperative to crit as much as you can, leading to the use of *Assassins* signets.

Naturally you want a pet that can help you stack boons as well.

For weapons I go for the longbow (classic) mainly for single target damage and axe/warhorn mainly for groups.

In my field tests the build performed well so far. Drawbacks I noted are:

* No melee weapon, so I might consider switching the axe for a sword

* For maximum effectiveness one might want to stay in the spirits range which limits mobility a bit. An alternative would be to pop the spirits one after an other, allowing to retain mor consistent boons stacked and be more flexible

Spirits are also nice for allies and work well in cramped environments.

What is your opinion about this build? Questions? Suggestions for improvement? Keen to read your thoughts.

> > @Eurantien.4632 said:

> You're probably overstacking might.

This is a new concept for me. How can one have too much might? What happens then? I usually find myself keeping up around 5 to 15 stacks. Does **We heal as one** refresh the boons? Because they already get shared by **Fortifying Bond**.

• 1 month later...

People are most likely talking about the Harrier druid that became popular as an option for raids lately when they mention 100% boon duration. About as much support in terms of boons as you can run as a ranger, good healing and 25 might stacks on 10 allies through Grace of the Land. You usually adjust utilities, elite and pets to whatever you need. You'd probably have to adjust runes, sigils and weapons when you go solo to be more offensive.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQNBmOD7keVoVFsXFwZFgoFsYIYwb1waZlJAsuaAOtuYXPIFhRqpjB-jxxGQBLV5HAuIABV9nbqbgcPBAoqEcI7PEA4A493z9uH8+7v/+7v32v/+7v/+7v/+7vXKA/2ZB-e