[PvP Build] The Post-Patch Immortal Spellbreaker

Multicolorhipster.9751

Overview

-------------

Fight on White!

A very boring, yet surprisingly effective on day 1 Spellbreaker build.

It's a bunker build; because of course it is, that specializes in wasting people's time, stripping boons, and constantly interrupting people through CC.

It does practically no damage, but that doesn't seem to matter very much as it can 2v1 with ease.

This is for Conquest too. Haven't tested in Deathmatch.

Equipment

---------------

**Hammer** - With Absorption and cleansing sigils

**Mace+Shield** - With revocation and purging sigils

The sigils can be moved around and replaced. If purging or cleansing doesn't feel necessary(When going up against power comps) they can be swapped out for energy or savagery. I recommend savagery on Mace+Shield only, pretty pointless on hammer.

For the amulet I recommend **Knight's** for most cases or **Paladins** for condi matchups.

Celestial honestly seems pretty solid too. Doesn't do any damage, but almost all your skills don't do any damage either way so stacking power is relatively pointless.

For the rune **Hoelbrak** seems best in almost every case because of the decrease to condi duration and damage and the small bit of boon duration.

**Resistance** would be the best alternative but Hoelbrak has better synergy with the traits.

Traits/Specializations

----------------------------

![](https://i.imgur.com/7wzNGyq.png "")

The only potential change that sounds reasonable to me would be **No Escape over Guard Counter.** but No Escape usually has better synergy with builds that actually do damage and this build doesn't. Guard Counter adds to the immortality by giving you 3.25s of -33% power damage reduction every 8.25s.

Utilities

----------

![](https://i.imgur.com/JknuWvU.png "")

**Featherfoot Grace over Endure Pain** is a good change if Power is less of an issue.

Usage, Strengths, Weaknesses

---------------------------------------

**Usage:**

•At the start of the round pick home or far, and go to either one. Far is usually best because i've honestly been spending entire game just farming points from that node.

•Only fight on neutral or friendly nodes unless you have a +1. The overall motto of this build is "fight on white."

•The Hammer burst can be used for mobility between points. Rampage is also useful for getting to far early since there's no other sort of mobility skills in this build.

•Stomp, Hammer 4, and Rampage 2 can all be used to push people off nodes and earn some capture progress back.

•Proc Rousing Resilience as often as possible. Don't blow CD's unless you have some serious condition pressure.

•Main sources of damage are the Mace Burst, Reflected damage from blocks, Hammer Burst, Ham 2, and Ham 3. Most other skills do no damage so don't expect to win duels. This build is all about wasting time.

•Try to get Necros and Firebrands to target you because those are big kahuna's when it comes to wasting people's time.

•You get **13** total skills that CC people, so don't be afraid to go mid and/or just throw these skills out all spammy-like. Technically 14 if you count Full-Counter restoring bursts since all your burst skills CC. You will constantly be interrupting people which is hilariously broken.

•When you're low on CD's Rampage can be used to quickly bail out of a fight or to stall for longer. Also very good for clutch ressing and stomps.

•Normally when people say don't fight off point, they're wrong, but this is a build that you actually want to fight on point with as much as possible unless you can get someone to chase you off of it.

**Strengths:**

•You can pretty much laugh off any sort of power build with a few exceptions. This build is laughably good at countering most Warrior, Ranger, Rev, Necro, Mes, and Engie builds right now. Like all of them, seriously. They tickle.

•This build is really good at dealing with condition pressure as of the latest patch and the changes to condi duration + application across the board.

•It's a solid mid-fighter as well as side-noder. You don't do any damage but you can constantly AOE and single-target interrupt people.

•Strips boons for your mates.

**Weaknesses/Counter:**

•Thief builds, Condi, D/p, Deadeye all seem to counter this build really well. On their own it's no problem, but if you get +1'd by a thief, you've probably lost unless you can rampage out of there. They can also easily decap you if you leave point. **Thief is the hard counter**, i'd say.

•Firebrand isn't a counter per se, but the blocks and stability can make it difficult to interrupt their skills in teamfights. If they fight you 1v1, that's actually really great for you.

•Stability hurts this build if applied in big quantities. 1 or 2 stacks can be CC spammed through but anything more than that and you lose one of the most important parts.

•Poison also really hurts, cutting all your passive regen by 1/3. Cleanse it whenever possible.

•Boredom. I'm putting boredom in the weaknesses because this build can feel a bit boring to play, to me anyway. Other people might get more enjoyment out of it. It seems to be pretty effective, but effective doesn't always mean fun.

Played a total of 16 games with this build since the patch, and these are the results I got. Feel free to share your experiences, suggestions, criticisms with this build.

I am also very very sorry.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw someone running this 1-2 games. It seems this is the name of the game now. Bunker, CC and condi.

I played sage FB, condi herald. I have seen core necro. All performing very strongly. Anything with power damage was not. I saw herald and DD trying to burst and deal close to no damage.

I might even try to play warrior LB sage or celestial, lol...

> @"otto.5684" said:

> I saw someone running this 1-2 games. It seems this is the name of the game now. Bunker, CC and condi.

>

> I played sage FB, condi herald. I have seen core necro. All performing very strongly. Anything with power damage was not. I saw herald and DD trying to burst and deal close to no damage.

>

> I might even try to play warrior LB sage or celestial, lol...

Honestly yeah. Celestial warrior can be pulled off now.

> @"quaniesan.8497" said:

> I bet you anything all the dervs play warriors. LOL. Look at how they trashed other classes.

?

Because every other class has no viable build at all?

What are you talking about lol.

Also @"Multicolorhipster.9751"

The f1 dealing dmg is a bug.

Spellbreaker f1s are all using pre patch coefficients. They seem to have coded them as seperate skills and not linked them to the core f1s. And then forgot about them.

> @"claytonmorby.3751" said:

> > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > Would something like this work for WvW now that power builds took a hit?

>

> Issue with WvW is that you can get certain stat combos that you can't in PvP. Also you need either range/mobility or you'll be kited down.

@"claytonmorby.3751" is probably right there. This would just get kited to oblivion in WvW.

It works in Conquest PvP because you can just take a node and farm it for points. All about just wasting people's time and turning the match timer against people.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> Also @"Multicolorhipster.9751"

> The f1 dealing dmg is a bug.

> Spellbreaker f1s are all using pre patch coefficients. They seem to have coded them as seperate skills and not linked them to the core f1s. And then forgot about them.

Ye, I heard those weren't meant to be an actual feature. I mean; figures, but it could do little to no damage and it wouldn't change this build too much at least.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwCZgsDmJOuLWtbA-zZIPBBOA

> > >

> > > if that gets boring try this.

> >

> > Furious would be better than Burst Precision.

>

> Go cavalier stats, burst precision and unsuspecting foes.

That works too.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > Go cavalier stats, burst precision and unsuspecting foes.

>

> no, the whole point is that weakness spam allows you to go zerker.

Lans point was that berserker amulet has enough crit to go without burst precision. So i removed the critchance.

Honestly the whole arms traitline makes no sense with berserker amulet, complete crit overkill. Atleast the way you traited it with unsuspecting foes and burst precision.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > Go cavalier stats, burst precision and unsuspecting foes.

> >

> > no, the whole point is that weakness spam allows you to go zerker.

>

> Lans point was that berserker amulet has enough crit to go without burst precision. So i removed the critchance.

>

> Honestly the whole arms traitline makes no sense with berserker amulet, complete crit overkill. Atleast the way you traited it with unsuspecting foes and burst precision.

>

Well its more that Furious will increase adrenaline gain as well, and increase the damage on the bleed stacks that Body Blow is giving you since the critical damage on the hard CC's is lol now anyway. If your focus is stacking Vulnerability with Sundering Bursts, then sure run Burst Precision. As your build is now, drop Burst Precision, Unsuspecting Foe will ensure high crit chances for your autos and FB, so you may as well squeeze out more damage from the bleeds and have extra Adrenaline gain an a crit.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Well its more that Furious will increase adrenaline gain as well, and increase the damage on the bleed stacks that Body Blow is giving you since the critical damage on the hard CC's is lol now anyway. If your focus is stacking Vulnerability with Sundering Bursts, then sure run Burst Precision. As your build is now, drop Burst Precision, Unsuspecting Foe will ensure high crit chances for your autos and FB, so you may as well squeeze out more damage from the bleeds and have extra Adrenaline gain an a crit.

the difference between a non crit/ crit fierce blow is massive tho. the build relies on single hits so if they're not critting then you're behind big time. anyway with decent fury arms isn't really necessary. you really don't need more adren cuz strength gm and buffing bleeds is pointless since they do no dmg.

> > Well its more that Furious will increase adrenaline gain as well, and increase the damage on the bleed stacks that Body Blow is giving you since the critical damage on the hard CC's is lol now anyway. If your focus is stacking Vulnerability with Sundering Bursts, then sure run Burst Precision. As your build is now, drop Burst Precision, Unsuspecting Foe will ensure high crit chances for your autos and FB, so you may as well squeeze out more damage from the bleeds and have extra Adrenaline gain an a crit.

>

> the difference between a non crit/ crit fierce blow is massive tho. the build relies on single hits so if they're not critting then you're behind big time. anyway with decent fury arms isn't really necessary. you really don't need more adren cuz strength gm and buffing bleeds is pointless since they do no dmg.

Yeah, but Unsuspecting Foe has that covered, and Fierce Blow gets 0 benefit from Burst Precision. So Burst Precision is useless, Dual Wielding could be used if you went mace/mace instead of mace/shield, but with Mace/Shield the best GM trait in Arms to take as you have it built is Furious.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Yeah, but Unsuspecting Foe has that covered, and Fierce Blow gets 0 benefit from Burst Precision. So Burst Precision is useless, Dual Wielding could be used if you went mace/mace instead of mace/shield, but with Mace/Shield the best GM trait in Arms to take as you have it built is Furious.

you could, but with weakness spam its not necessary to use toughness. also your bursts wouldn't be critting unless unsuspecting foe applies its crit chance before the cc? pretty sure it doesn't. whatever works.

> > Yeah, but Unsuspecting Foe has that covered, and Fierce Blow gets 0 benefit from Burst Precision. So Burst Precision is useless, Dual Wielding could be used if you went mace/mace instead of mace/shield, but with Mace/Shield the best GM trait in Arms to take as you have it built is Furious.

>

> you could, but with weakness spam its not necessary to use toughness. also your bursts wouldn't be critting unless unsuspecting foe applies its crit chance before the cc? pretty sure it doesn't. whatever works.

It would apply if they are already CC'd. Hammer 4 -> F1 or Mace 3 ->F1 or Shield 4->F1 all will do that for you. RedShark was mentioning Toughness not me btw, not that it is a bad idea, its a pretty good one, but you are also right in that the weakness spam mitigates the need for more toughness. Comes down to your preference really there. Taking Furious would help rebuild adrenaline if you whiff on a CC.

If you are unsure of whether or not the CC from the burst connects before the damage (I swear it did back in 2013 with Earthshaker but I can't confirm that), then go hit a golem without Burst Precision on with 5o% crit chance base, and use your F1s on it. If you never see a none crit then the CC is applied before the damage.