[PvP Build] The Post-Patch Immortal Spellbreaker

Multicolorhipster.9751

I just wanted to say that I've tried this build for about 20 matches now, and you're right about it being dull, but effective. The only way I'm getting top stats ever is on revives, when teammates fall over around me, or objective defender if someone comes along solo to try to take the node and they keep trying for a while. But mostly I don't get any top stats at all, which is disheartening at the end, cause people tend to think you're not doing anything :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"darksome.1697" said:

> I just wanted to say that I've tried this build for about 20 matches now, and you're right about it being dull, but effective. The only way I'm getting top stats ever is on revives, when teammates fall over around me, or objective defender if someone comes along solo to try to take the node and they keep trying for a while. But mostly I don't get any top stats at all, which is disheartening at the end, cause people tend to think you're not doing anything :P

2Tru. This is not the kind of build you play to make friends or have fun. The only real fun part; imo, is decapping nodes by pushing people off and stunlocking them so they can't get back onto it while it decaps.

![](https://i.imgur.com/ZYWZWBR.png "")

If you want to grind through dailies though, you get a pretty solid chance of getting defender, healer, revives, or offense, but all require people to actually take the bait and fight you. If they just ignore you all game; sure, your team is getting a free point for almost the entire game, but you aren't getting top stats over it.

**EDIT/UPDATE**

This build was sort of stealth buffed with the March 17th patch.

Particularly with the 5% damage reduction while above 75% health

and 10% when you have retaliation.

I now recommend taking sigil of absorption on at least 1 weapon set no matter what because if you manage to steal retaliation, you get 10% damage reduction on top of all the other boons is pretty useful.

Multiplicative damage reduction is always better than toughness/armor and an extra -15% is a pretty big buff.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> **EDIT/UPDATE**

>

> This build was sort of stealth buffed with the March 17th patch.

> Particularly with the 5% damage reduction while above 75% health

> and 10% when you have retaliation.

>

> I now recommend taking sigil of absorption on at least 1 weapon set no matter what because if you manage to steal retaliation, you get 10% damage reduction on top of all the other boons is pretty useful.

>

> Multiplicative damage reduction is always better than toughness/armor and an extra -15% is a pretty big buff.

How about after they fixed SpB F1s?

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> How about after they fixed SpB F1s?

Bit of a weird situation, but in the end that swung me to play this build more.

Granted, it does even LESS damage which brings it closer to absolute 0 damage, but it barely did any to begin with. You play this if you want to bunker and be annoying, the point never was to actually do damage.

When it comes to playing an actual damage warrior build IE Core Greataxe, Strength Dagger, you also do less damage with your bursts now. Those are builds you play if you actually want to do damage on though, so the damage reduction is something more palpable.

As a necro player this is nightmare fuel lol. But at least the damage is not exactly insane for all the lockdown it has if all cc's still had damage i actually would consider this broken but because anet made the change against that its frustrating when its locking you down but not exactly op or obnoxious.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> As a necro player this is nightmare fuel lol. But at least the damage is not exactly insane for all the lockdown it has if all cc's still had damage i actually would consider this broken but because anet made the change against that its frustrating when its locking you down but not exactly op or obnoxious.

As it just so happens, Necro is one of my favorite classes to fight with this build ;>

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 4/21/2020:

If you're still interested in playing this I recommend ditching Healing Signet and taking **Mending**. This is an early experimental version of this build and healing signet is pretty trashy. Mending will boost your sustain and condi cleanse considerably. You can interrupt and stunlock people consistently enough to where the 20s CD isn't a problem.

When up against condi builds rather than power builds I highly recommend **No Escape** too. It's really good with this build actually and I don't feel I gave it enough credit the first time. **Guard Counter** is still a great boost to sustain, but you won't get much use out of it against condi builds.

Endure Pain should also be replaced for **Featherfoot Grace** whenever possible. Featherfoot is a better stunbreak in every way. The only times I don't recommend it are when going up against classes with a lot of boonrip/steal. When up against Necro, Thief, and Spellbreaker with a lot of condi pressure on the other team, **Signet of Stamina** is a great swapout because it's an on demand condi cleanse plus the passive is awesome. When up against purely power builds, that's when i'd take Endure Pain.

In order of risk and value: Featherfoot > Signet of Stamina > Endure Pain

Namaste

UPDATE 4/28/2020 PATCH:

Knights ammy is gone, and Paladins ammy only gives 400 toughness + Vitality.

But you know what gives **460** Toughness, Vitality, AND Healing Power? **Celestial Amulet.** Take Celestial Ammy. The day of the Celestial Warrior has finally come. Never thought i'd see it, but this is it. This is the build.

**Dolyak** is the new Rune. This will give you nice health regen(Scales with healing power), and boost your toughness up to ~1,700 and give you some always helpful vitality.

I also strongly recommend always taking **Dolyak Signet** no matter what now. This will boost your toughness to 1,940 giving you a total armor value of 3,168. Plus it has great synergy with Rousing Resilience though I recommend always using it as a last-ditch stunbreak to get the most value out of it.

Stomp is the swapout skill now. If up against high condition pressure comps I recommend ditching stomp for Signet of Stamina, although you will lose point pressure for doing so.

I've only been playing this build for a short while, but i've won 3 games straight against some pretty good players, and it's been practically unkillable in 1v1 duels.

It does a lot better against condi pressure than the previous iteration. The extra vitality and health regen makes conditions much more manageable.

Here's the updated build if you want to try it: [gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwUYYMLGKe6X+PTA-zZgOlelAdLEyYE0xCwDDA](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwUYYMLGKe6X+PTA-zZgOlelAdLEyYE0xCwDDA)

Damage is about the same, being absolute 0. I did however manage to kill a condi mirage today after ~7 minutes of copying their conditions onto them with Full Counter.

Gosh I love this game. Namaste.

• 4 weeks later...

> UPDATE: 5/23/2020

>

> Rabid is a solid amulet for power comps too. Really good for Guardians and Revs that have too much damage for Celestial to be effective, or that can reliably pressure you off a point.

I was wondering when you'd try that. You're not focused on damage at all so the toughness on Rabid is a great choice. The precision would be nice for swapping out Discipline or Defense for Strength for MMR+FG or MMR+Aristocracy for more sustain. For example: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwUYYMLGKOOP9PTA-zZwOlelAdLEyYE0xCwdDA

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> I was wondering when you'd try that. You're not focused on damage at all so the toughness on Rabid is a great choice. The precision would be nice for swapping out Discipline or Defense for Strength for MMR+FG or MMR+Aristocracy for more sustain. For example: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwUYYMLGKOOP9PTA-zZwOlelAdLEyYE0xCwdDA

>

That seems pretty solid, I think I might give that a try.

I'm a little shocked that the CD on Aristocracy is 1 second. That is both genius and evil at the same time, I love it.

I get worried losing disc because it feels like i'm going to be shredded by conditions and adrenaline generation might be an issue.

Thematically i'm also pretty conflicted about actually doing damage too.

I'll let you know how it goes though, cheers \o/

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > I was wondering when you'd try that. You're not focused on damage at all so the toughness on Rabid is a great choice. The precision would be nice for swapping out Discipline or Defense for Strength for MMR+FG or MMR+Aristocracy for more sustain. For example: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwUYYMLGKOOP9PTA-zZwOlelAdLEyYE0xCwdDA

> >

>

> That seems pretty solid, I think I might give that a try.

> I'm a little shocked that the CD on Aristocracy is 1 second. That is both genius and evil at the same time, I love it.

>

> I get worried losing disc because it feels like i'm going to be shredded by conditions and adrenaline generation might be an issue.

> Thematically i'm also pretty conflicted about actually doing damage too.

>

> I'll let you know how it goes though, cheers \o/

You could drop defense. Running it as core with disc, def, strength works too, REAL CC monster there.

Aristocracy runes are delightful with body blow and hammer+mace builds even in WvW. Redshark used them upon my recommendation for his worker build and loved them. It's a nice stream of self healing while CCing people.

The bleeds wouldn't be that much damage, unless the foe just stinks at condi clears, but if you are running rabid, then you may as well get some mileage out of the condi stat.

Special mention for you adrenaline anxiety. Merciless Hammer gives you adrenaline for every person you CC. The ICD is for defiant NPCs. So if you use that and use earthshaker on three people you'll get 3 bars of Adrenaline back. When paired with burst mastery, Earthshaker and Skull Crack will always return at least 2 bars of adrenaline.

The healing from MMR can be made up from with Tact: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwUYYsKGKOuT6LfA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBEyIwdDA

That is more an alternative sustain option.

Complete CC monster: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwUYYsKGKOuP9LfA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBEyIwdDA

@"Lan Deathrider.5910"

Good post! I played a few of them so far, haven't been able to try out the tactics variant tho.

I didn't have a lot of success with the original Strength build that ditches disc for Strength w/ MMR. My verdict there is that you just can't spam CC fast enough to stay alive or very effective. 3/10.

The one that takes Merciless Hammer and ditches Spellbreaker was a lot better at CC spam with the reduced CD on both weapon set skills and u rite, adrenaline definitely wasn't a problem. The biggest weakness there i'd say is losing FC protection and resistance. The moment you go up against a blindspammy class like thief or certain engie builds then you're just donezo. Guardian builds seem like they'd be much more of a threat too. Conditions in general are just a huge ouch for that build, but I rate it 6/10.

My favorite variant right now still has to be Def, disc, Spellbreaker. Lots of CC, cleanse, and a fair bit of sustain. I usually keep Dolyak runes and bounce between Celestial and Rabid ammy depending on the matchup.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910"

>

> Good post! I played a few of them so far, haven't been able to try out the tactics variant tho.

>

> I didn't have a lot of success with the original Strength build that ditches disc for Strength w/ MMR. My verdict there is that you just can't spam CC fast enough to stay alive or very effective. 3/10.

That's fair. It's a nice combo but ymmv sort of thing. Goes further with Phalanx Strength and a few buddies nearby.

> The one that takes Merciless Hammer and ditches Spellbreaker was a lot better at CC spam with the reduced CD on both weapon set skills and u rite, adrenaline definitely wasn't a problem. The biggest weakness there i'd say is losing FC protection and resistance. The moment you go up against a blindspammy class like thief or certain engie builds then you're just donezo. Guardian builds seem like they'd be much more of a threat too. Conditions in general are just a huge ouch for that build, but I rate it 6/10.

Protection and resistance are great, and frankly I hope get built into defense when they rework it. It's certainly a more aggressive approach that relies on mending, SiO, and sigils for condi management, if you know you're going into a condi heavy match more is more, but otherwise the amount of CC can also mitigate the need to cleanse to begin with.

> My favorite variant right now still has to be Def, disc, Spellbreaker. Lots of CC, cleanse, and a fair bit of sustain. I usually keep Dolyak runes and bounce between Celestial and Rabid ammy depending on the matchup.

Your first post is a good one and you'll be more comfortable with it since you've been playing it more. You may find that toying with the other variants will push you to play differently, and the tools there are good ones to remember when you want to change things up. Especially when players start to recognize you and your build. Part of why I frequently change my build, sometimes more than few times a night!

• 1 month later...

**UPDATE: After the latest patch...**

This is still the strongest Warrior build I can find in PvP. I've been experimenting with all manner of zerker, core, and SPB builds and I am wholeheartedly convinced this is the most useful Warrior can be in PvP rn is by stunlocking people so that they can't do anything, decapping and bunkering nodes.

Here's the current variant I mainly use: [gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAk6JlJwUYYMLGKe6X+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIwDDA](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAk6JlJwUYYMLGKe6X+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIwDDA)

One thing i've been doing lately is running a variant that ditches hammer in favor of Dagger/off-hand mace: [gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABk6hnlJwUYYMLGKe6X+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIwDDA](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABk6hnlJwUYYMLGKe6X+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIwDDA)

It's otherwise exactly the same, but there's a few tradeoffs to losing hammer to dagger/mace.

+You get a way to deal with blocks/stability

+You get marginally more damage/adrenaline generation

+You get more mobility through dagger 2 and burst

+/-Offhand mace 5 is very unreliable and it can even be reflected, but at the same time you get a ranged 3 second knockdown.

+/-You lose an AOE stun, but you get more boon removal which can be better in certain teamfights.

-You lose point pressure because you lose hammer 4. You also lose that thing you can do on certain terrain where you smack people off. It's pretty hilarious.

-You lose CC spam and weakness.

-You lose hammer 3, which is really neat at clearing blinds, proccing sigils(like purging or revocation), and popping aegis.

Namaste and good luck

• 3 months later...

**UPDATE: 10/13/2020 patch**

This build got a lot stronger because of the nerfs to other classes. Healbreaker is equally viable though so I tend to swap between that and the CC-spam bunker build.

-Dropped Dolyak signet for the most part for Signet of stamina and occasionally kick. Yes, kick. It decaps people and its hilarious. It is the play. I take kick over signet of stamina sometimes. When condis are less of an issue or i'm not fighting something where I need to dodge-roll constantly(and at random of course like any true vetted PvP player)

-Also don't use Rousing Resilience anymore because damage is so low and the healing from it is so negligible that it isn't really worth it. Replaced with Cleansing Ire. Enjoy having max adrenaline forever.

Hammer Variant: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAk6JlJwUYYsKGKeaX+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIwDDA

Dagger/Mace Variant: It's literally the same thing but with Dagger/mace instead of hammer. Take this when stability is a problem.

This nerf was good for this build because bunker Scrapper was one of the hardest matchups for it. Thief, symbolbrand, and Renegod too. They were all the hard counters for this build and they all got some nerfs.

Holo also got some small might shaves + the flashbang nerf. It isn't much, but this absolute titan gets stronger as damage gets lower.

There's a party at far. I'll bring the Pamplemousse La Croix and the pool noodles. I'm also belligerent and i'm not leaving until at least 8PM(That's my bedtime)

I will see you all there. Namaste, and good luck. ?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: **12/1/2020 Patch**

This update was pretty huge for this build and for the people with the patience to still be playing it... though if you're coming over from Healbreaker, its not that big a jump tbh, but I digress!

The build functionally hasn't changed at all, and you can scroll up to my latest comments for the hammer or Dagger/mace variants.

You can stop there; otherwise i'm going to go over why this patch was so huge for this build piece by piece, nerf by nerf:

**ENGINEER:**

'Nades and Explosive Entrance got some pretty major damage nerfs. They were bad for this build because they were some of the few skills in the game that actually did damage capable of potentially bunker-busting.

This also means you can shut your brain off while 1v1ing Holos, as you can most classes with this build. Just CC spam through Holo forge and you'll be absolutely fine. I recommend curling up with a nice cuppa tea the next time you fight one, and putting on your favorite tune. Right now i'm listening to 18 happy friends at a slumber party and it fits the mood perfectly ?

**REVENANT:**

_H U G E!_ Inspiring Reinforcement was a skill that outright nullified this build, but the increased CD means it can be spammed less, and the 1s of Stability means it doesn't last super long after the skill ends. It's also very possible now to spam through it and still land some CC.

Overall Jalis Renegod; one of this builds main counters, is weaker. That makes this build stronger.

**THIEF**

Also huge. Thief could often bully this build for its lack of mobility, but Thief being less mobile makes that less of an issue.

If you know a thief is going for a decap/backcap you stand more of a chance of stopping it now, which is pretty great. Signet of Agility nerf is also okay. More CC spam, less missing.

Anyway, that's a few big counters to this build nerfed. Healbreaker is still viable, and if you'd rather that; I wouldn't blame you.

Namaste, and good luck. ?

> @"Apolo.5942" said:

> I have been running this build for many months, sustain is good, but you deal next to no damage.

>

> Most condition builds can out sustain and out damage you.

Well no damage is the name of the game now. Namaste. ?

If you're having trouble fighting condi builds with this:

Remember that your primary objective is to waste people's time. They're going to out-sustain and out-damage you even if their damage output is next to none. Your main goal playing this is to just survive as long as possible and keep them fighting you while nodes preferably stay decapped, but if you can keep multiple people occupied, then you (hopefully) open up a chance for your team to cap the other points.

Against condi-builds it's best to time your blocks, cleanses, and FC well for when you need them most. If you do, its possible to fight them forever. The full 15 minutes if nobody helps them.

Also, remember to use this build's biggest strength: CC spam. If they can't use skills it hurts their condi application.

Not sure which variant you're running, but if conditions are a problem; which, they were for me for the longest time... I started using this variant: [gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAk6JlJwUYYsKGKeaX+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIQHDA](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAk6JlJwUYYsKGKeaX+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIQHDA)

Includes:

-Signet of stamina for extra random dodges and a big condi cleanse for emergencies.

-Cleansing Ire which keeps you at max adrenaline always and provides some extra cleanse(This does hurt your dps as copying conditions with FC is really the only way this build does damage, but... better to specialize in one thing at this point. The damage is already pretty much 0.) I also no longer recommend Rousing Resilience is any shape or form because it is garbage.

-Remember to take both sigil of cleansing and purging, with each on a different weapon set.

-Rune of the flock is better than Dolyak for condition builds. The 10% extra health and extra vitality is more helpful. It also slightly increases Adrenal Health's passive regen while boosting the total healing from mending to 7,573 hp. Since mending is also a condi cleanse, you usually don't have to worry about this getting hurt by poison. So every 20s you get nearly half your hp back.

Hoelbrak and resistance are also solid picks for mitigating conditions but lack the extra health and vitality. You could also ditch Guard Counter for No escape, but you'd be more vulnerable to power DPS. You would however get CC on your CC which definitely hurts some condi builds. I know burn guard is pretty 'hot' right now, and No Escape is pretty great against that particular build.

> > @"Apolo.5942" said:

> > I have been running this build for many months, sustain is good, but you deal next to no damage.

> >

> > Most condition builds can out sustain and out damage you.

>

> Well no damage is the name of the game now. Namaste. ?

>

> If you're having trouble fighting condi builds with this:

>

> Remember that your primary objective is to waste people's time. They're going to out-sustain and out-damage you even if their damage output is next to none. Your main goal playing this is to just survive as long as possible and keep them fighting you while nodes preferably stay decapped, but if you can keep multiple people occupied, then you (hopefully) open up a chance for your team to cap the other points.

> Against condi-builds it's best to time your blocks, cleanses, and FC well for when you need them most. If you do, its possible to fight them forever. The full 15 minutes if nobody helps them.

> Also, remember to use this build's biggest strength: CC spam. If they can't use skills it hurts their condi application.

>

> Not sure which variant you're running, but if conditions are a problem; which, they were for me for the longest time... I started using this variant: [gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAk6JlJwUYYsKGKeaX+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIQHDA](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAk6JlJwUYYsKGKeaX+PTA-zZwOlMFC9KB6WBkxIQHDA)

>

> Includes:

> -Signet of stamina for extra random dodges and a big condi cleanse for emergencies.

> -Cleansing Ire which keeps you at max adrenaline always and provides some extra cleanse(This does hurt your dps as copying conditions with FC is really the only way this build does damage, but... better to specialize in one thing at this point. The damage is already pretty much 0.) I also no longer recommend Rousing Resilience is any shape or form because it is garbage.

> -Remember to take both sigil of cleansing and purging, with each on a different weapon set.

> -Rune of the flock is better than Dolyak for condition builds. The 10% extra health and extra vitality is more helpful. It also slightly increases Adrenal Health's passive regen while boosting the total healing from mending to 7,573 hp. Since mending is also a condi cleanse, you usually don't have to worry about this getting hurt by poison. So every 20s you get nearly half your hp back.

>

> Hoelbrak and resistance are also solid picks for mitigating conditions but lack the extra health and vitality. You could also ditch Guard Counter for No escape, but you'd be more vulnerable to power DPS. You would however get CC on your CC which definitely hurts some condi builds. I know burn guard is pretty 'hot' right now, and No Escape is pretty great against that particular build.

Yeah no, if im going to be out sustained and out damaged then this has no point of being.

This is the problem with warrior right now, if every other class can build a mid tier condition build that will out dps and out last you, what is the point?

Warrior has no teeth.

You just found this, i have been playing it for months, go either necro condi, revenant or many others, they have just as much durability and much higher damage.