Beginner Experience Collection

YtseJam.9784

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> Yeah you have to make sure that your effective level is at 10 or below. Also I noticed that probably the drop rate goes down cause you only roll on the ones you are missing. I never got a repeated one after I equipped it, but 8+ hours to get 2 items is kinda too much.

Do you know if every mob under (or at) level 10 is ok to kill? I've tried on different groups but I don't know if I want to waste time anymore.

It's quite ironic this is called, 'Beginner Experience Collection'. Like most on here, I destroyed some of the items after opening, without realising I needed to equip them as part of the achievement, now I can't complete it. Beginner Experience Collection.

> @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> Well I've farmed for 7 hours straight, on a new toon that was lvl 1 when i started, it's level 20 now, and I've only got 1 of the 2 I dropped... this is messed up. Done all the 5 starter zone areas that you were supposed to do for the collection, the ones that you are 10 or lower... I put a support ticket to see what they say.

You're suffering from diminishing returns, you need to switch the mobs you kill and zones on a regular basis otherwise you eventually start to get nothing at all.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> > Well I've farmed for 7 hours straight, on a new toon that was lvl 1 when i started, it's level 20 now, and I've only got 1 of the 2 I dropped... this is messed up. Done all the 5 starter zone areas that you were supposed to do for the collection, the ones that you are 10 or lower... I put a support ticket to see what they say.

>

> You're suffering from diminishing returns, you need to switch the mobs you kill and zones on a regular basis otherwise you eventually start to get nothing at all.

Yeah that was not it, I know how DR works, I redid all 5 zones with 2 different toons so I was always fighting new mobs in new areas and maps.

For every little shit one-time-unlock item we get a confirm dialogue before delete... and when its needed, theres nothing... Anet *NotLikeThis*

Ah yes, and here's some more positivity... so I wouldnt completly waste my time farming those shitty boxes with shitty gear in them, I went for animals that drop 500 cooking meat... got roughly 60 of those and 24 rares... so for whoever that still has to do it... have fun :+1:

> @"Yasi.9065" said:

> For every little kitten one-time-unlock item we get a confirm dialogue before delete... and when its needed, theres nothing... Anet *NotLikeThis*

> Ah yes, and here's some more positivity... so I wouldnt completly waste my time farming those kitten boxes with kitten gear in them, I went for animals that drop 500 cooking meat... got roughly 60 of those and 24 rares... so for whoever that still has to do it... have fun :+1:

That's one of the main issues with this collection.

I'm still getting things from legendary precursors collection even if I've completed them all, and when they add a new achivement in the game like this they don't add a confirmation...

Like a lot of other people, when the first couple of collection boxes that dropped, I selected whichever skin I did not already have unlocked (heavy armour) and deleted the item because I was using a low level ranger. I did not know until later that they needed to be equipped.

Since then I have completed all the maps required, and farmed for around 3 hours a day for 3 days and not one single box has dropped.

I have created a new character each time, farmed until it reaches 10 and deleted it, rinse and repeat - which should avoid diminishing returns. This is fast becoming the most frustrating achievement yet.

Please do something with the drop rate.

> @"Jewel.4850" said:

> Like a lot of other people, when the first couple of collection boxes that dropped, I selected whichever skin I did not already have unlocked (heavy armour) and deleted the item because I was using a low level ranger. I did not know until later that they needed to be equipped.

>

> Since then I have completed all the maps required, and farmed for around 3 hours a day for 3 days and not one single box has dropped.

>

> I have created a new character each time, farmed until it reaches 10 and deleted it, rinse and repeat - which should avoid diminishing returns. This is fast becoming the most frustrating achievement yet.

>

> Please do something with the drop rate.

It's quite pointless, I've been farming for several hours and didn't get any on the chests back.

Only a fix on the droprate or a vendor for who, like me, deleted the items could be the solution.

i kind of caved in already and went to finish the achi :# i didn't search for million different places but i think i grinded like 3-5hours of svanirs and got the all last pieces (1 item a day because its boring) at wayfarer Foothills ( Outcast's Waypoint — [&BHIBAAA=]) ; you can just go in there with any alt it scales you down to lvl8. Just kill the svanir groups outside +inside the cave B)

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Dominus.6320" said:

> i kind of caved in already and went to finish the achi :# i didn't search for million different places but i think i grinded like 3-5hours of svanirs and got the all last pieces (1 item a day because its boring) at wayfarer Foothills ( Outcast's Waypoint — [&BHIBAAA=]) ; you can just go in there with any alt it scales you down to lvl8. Just kill the svanir groups outside +inside the cave B)

I've tried to kill mobs there for 4 hours, got only one piece out of three and then I gave up.

I go now and then to try to get lucky since the mobs respawn really fast, but this achievement is a pain in the ass to complete...

> @"XYLO.7031" said:

> I made the same mistake for the wristguards. Had to reroll my tutorial toon. My concern is: how will a pure beginner even realize this achievement if they don't have something directing them to the achievement panel?

>

> Is there a highlight, tooltip, or huge blinking arrow for brand new accounts that will lead them to this information in-game? Can anyone verify?

I got a popup about it the first time I dropped one of the boxes that I could click to take me to the achievement page, and then read what it was, and what else was there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

> @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> there's nothing to fix, you just have to go kill stuff in areas that your effective level is 10 or below until it drops

Actually there is a real problem with the drop rate of the items once you got them once.

If you read the comments, you'll see that there's not a prompt blocking you to delete the items like many collection related, so once you've done it, you'll have to literally spend hours to be able to get them.

I missed 3 items when I started, now I miss one, but I've spent a total of 10 hours in different areas (to avoid DR) to be able to get them.

I just brought a third character through the starting zones and no luck... It's really bad drop rate. I even posted a bug report, because it's so damn annoying.

I'm debating using one of my rangers to afk farm in a low level zone, it might be the only solution that doesn't involve wasting too much more time. Although I still need to be by my computer to keep my character from going afk.

This is so absurd for a new player experience...

> @"Kronos.3695" said:

> > @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> > there's nothing to fix, you just have to go kill stuff in areas that your effective level is 10 or below until it drops

>

> Actually there is a real problem with the drop rate of the items once you got them once.

> If you read the comments, you'll see that there's not a prompt blocking you to delete the items like many collection related, so once you've done it, you'll have to literally spend hours to be able to get them.

>

> I missed 3 items when I started, now I miss one, but I've spent a total of 10 hours in different areas (to avoid DR) to be able to get them.

Yeah I know about the problem, I was the one that started this whole thread because of it. I was being sarcastic with my comment because there hasn't been any action from ANET about this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...