What expedition Contract is for?

Whether or not it's worth it depends on a couple of factors: how often you'll receive deliveries, and what you plan to do with the contents.

Do you log in every or nearly every day?

* If no, then it is probably not worth it. You only get deliveries on days you log in.

* If yes, then you will get all or most of the possible value, and it might be worth it.

Do you plan to make more than one legendary precursor via the Legendary Weapon Collections and crafting?

* If no, the possible total value is somewhat lower when comparing the time and effort needed to obtain geodes versus that needed to obtain other currencies.

* If yes, then the Season 3 contract will almost certainly "pay out" for you in value in geodes alone when set to Dry Top & Silverwastes.

Do you use a lot of either Unbound Magic (Season 3) or Volatile Magic (Season 4)?

* If no, then the long-term value will be reduced, but the short-term value may still be of interest.

* If yes, then setting either contract to a map with a currency that can be consumed for U/V Magic will add up to about 2000-3000 passively gathered U/V Magic per month when logging in every day and converting all map currency to magic.

Do you have a lot of alts to kit out in ascended trinkets and back pieces?

* If no, then the primary value the map currency has is for converting to U/V Magic.

* If yes, then the 2-5 map currency per day adds up to around 100-150 passively gathered for a month, but this value ends when you've kitted out all your alts.

The crafting material, food, and utility drops are nice bonuses, but they do not provide the bulk of the value of the deliveries.

> @"Terra.9506" said:

> Thank you very much! for an answer.

>

> Now I working on my second legendary (Exodium) which about 65% complete and still hesitate to get the 3rd one. this sound like extra daily login for me.

>

> I'll consider it later.

It's not an extra daily log in, as long as you already log into the game daily you'll get a delivery once per day when you enter a city for the first time after reset that day.

Measuring value for these can be tricky - the alternative is take those gems and convert to gold (or don't convert your gold to gems in the first place), and instead use that gold to buy whatever mats you may need. For these, measure exact value is harder because they give you some items with no gold value (bandit crests, lockpicks, unbound magic, etc).

When I've looked at other items that are sold, my quick calculations was that the payback was after about 1 year. So if you plan to play long term, it will pay for itself.

The one with geodes is a godsend, since I am gradually working on the ambrite collection. They just slowly accumulate and also frequently give keys so when I have enough geodes for another recipe I go and open chests until I get a fossil. So far at 11/16. After that, will either stay with geodes to make a precursor or switch to blood rubies for the trinkets.