Will you buff Shortbow by 2025 or is it too soon, Anet?

Nuka Cola.8520

I'd be fine with Concussion Shot having a 10-15sec CD, no after cast, apply 5 stacks of confusion if a skill is interrupted. They could also increase its power damage on an interrupted skill just like Savage Shot was in gw1.

As is, tho the skill is complete trash. I would soooo like to trade Point Blank Shot on LB for Concussion Shot if they aren't buffing it.

> @Garimeth.8725 said:

> You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

>

> As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

> @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

> >

> > As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

>

> I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

exactly. all weapon skills should do their stuff for you, not your pet.

Simply adding 3 stacks of torment for 5sec, your next three attacks apply 1 stack of bleeding per attack, 5sec of cripple (from any angle) and 2-3sec immobilize when hit on the sides or back would be a great buff to the skill without making it incredibly OP.

But nothing will ever get buffed because some youtube guy uses the weapon on AI that doesn't dodge anything aka best case scenario when it comes to DPS. Now try SB on a player that didn't buy the game last week and we'll see how the dps fares compared to Axe/Dagger.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

> > >

> > > As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

> >

> > I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

>

> exactly. all weapon skills should do their stuff for you, not your pet.

>

> Simply adding 3 stacks of torment for 5sec, your next three attacks apply 1 stack of bleeding per attack, 5sec of cripple (from any angle) and 2-3sec immobilize when hit on the sides or back would be a great buff to the skill without making it incredibly OP.

>

> But nothing will ever get buffed because some youtube guy uses the weapon on AI that doesn't dodge anything aka best case scenario when it comes to DPS. Now try SB on a player that didn't buy the game last week and we'll see how the dps fares compared to Axe/Dagger.

I would actually LOVE a LOT more weapon skills to interact with the pet, but it's just so unreliable in any PvP format that there is no point, plus the various issues with condi damage not working on swapped/melded pets and them having differing amounts of condition damage... It could be awesome, but it's actually rubbish.

> > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

> > >

> > > As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

> >

> > I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

>

> exactly. all weapon skills should do their stuff for you, not your pet.

>

> Simply adding 3 stacks of torment for 5sec, your next three attacks apply 1 stack of bleeding per attack, 5sec of cripple (from any angle) and 2-3sec immobilize when hit on the sides or back would be a great buff to the skill without making it incredibly OP.

>

> But nothing will ever get buffed because some youtube guy uses the weapon on AI that doesn't dodge anything aka best case scenario when it comes to DPS. Now try SB on a player that didn't buy the game last week and we'll see how the dps fares compared to Axe/Dagger.

Woah there slow down buddy lol. I come back to this post and your last paragraph is just some "shade" directed at the PvE game mode lol. If I recall correctly, you were the one who made a claim that power soulbeast was better at pve with a longbow and someone kindly proved you wrong.

Look I agree that SB needs some love in pvp but you also have to keep in mind some other classes don't have all their weapons viable for pvp. Now I'm not saying SB shouldn't be buffed in the pvp aspect because other classes X, Y, Z but what I'm saying is now that someone told you SB does well in one game mode, you use it to discredit the weapon in another game mode. And make fun of PvE players by belittling their versus AI talk lol. That's the wrong way to go about asking for balance and discussion.

But to also stay on topic, I like some of the suggestions of GW1 skills. Something like Broad Head Arrow would be awesome lol.

Anet doesn't really understand what the shortbow playstyle needs to be PVP viable. Somehow they think it should be a +1ing weapon where you pew pew away at distracted enemies from behind, which is boring and lame. A 900 range weapon for Ranger should be all about in-combat mobility, add to quick shot a 600 range leap and have poison volley apply 4s of super speed if all 5 attacks hit and then we can have a fun weapon and playstyle.

> @"OJ Chicken.1279" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > > > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

> > > >

> > > > As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

> > >

> > > I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

> >

> > exactly. all weapon skills should do their stuff for you, not your pet.

> >

> > Simply adding 3 stacks of torment for 5sec, your next three attacks apply 1 stack of bleeding per attack, 5sec of cripple (from any angle) and 2-3sec immobilize when hit on the sides or back would be a great buff to the skill without making it incredibly OP.

> >

> > But nothing will ever get buffed because some youtube guy uses the weapon on AI that doesn't dodge anything aka best case scenario when it comes to DPS. Now try SB on a player that didn't buy the game last week and we'll see how the dps fares compared to Axe/Dagger.

>

> Woah there slow down buddy lol. I come back to this post and your last paragraph is just some "shade" directed at the PvE game mode lol. If I recall correctly, you were the one who made a claim that power soulbeast was better at pve with a longbow and someone kindly proved you wrong.

>

> Look I agree that SB needs some love in pvp but you also have to keep in mind some other classes don't have all their weapons viable for pvp. Now I'm not saying SB shouldn't be buffed in the pvp aspect because other classes X, Y, Z but what I'm saying is now that someone told you SB does well in one game mode, you use it to discredit the weapon in another game mode. And make fun of PvE players by belittling their versus AI talk lol. That's the wrong way to go about asking for balance and discussion.

>

> But to also stay on topic, I like some of the suggestions of GW1 skills. Something like Broad Head Arrow would be awesome lol.

I want SB to be buffed for all game modes. But to tell you the truth, i couldn't care less how it is in pve. There's no pve left in gw2 for me, so when i complain about the weapon being extremely underpowered compared to Axe/Dagger, its mainly in the pvp point of view.

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

> > > >

> > > > As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

> > >

> > > I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

> >

> > exactly. all weapon skills should do their stuff for you, not your pet.

> >

> > Simply adding 3 stacks of torment for 5sec, your next three attacks apply 1 stack of bleeding per attack, 5sec of cripple (from any angle) and 2-3sec immobilize when hit on the sides or back would be a great buff to the skill without making it incredibly OP.

> >

> > But nothing will ever get buffed because some youtube guy uses the weapon on AI that doesn't dodge anything aka best case scenario when it comes to DPS. Now try SB on a player that didn't buy the game last week and we'll see how the dps fares compared to Axe/Dagger.

>

> I would actually LOVE a LOT more weapon skills to interact with the pet, but it's just so unreliable in any PvP format that there is no point, plus the various issues with condi damage not working on swapped/melded pets and them having differing amounts of condition damage... It could be awesome, but it's actually rubbish.

Yeah, and it will stay rubbish forever because of 1985 Ai anet uses in their game.

> @anduriell.6280 said:

> For pve is fine how it is now,

> For pvp it doesn't matter how much you buff the condi in the weapon. the skills and the range should be reworked to be in line with a condi version of the LB.

Yeah buffing damage wouldn't change anything. But if they apply secondary effects, like say 5 stacks of confusion on Concussion Shot rupts, at least it wouldn't be as atrocious as it currently is. But of course 600 range leap on quick shot etc would be amazing. I do feel like its a lost cause, tho. I mean, if in 5 years they didn't notice how mediocre the weapon was, i don't think they care. But i find it kind of funny how they significantly buffed LB and even Axe received a buff, but all they did on SB is add % damage on a condition weapon with already piss poor power damage to begin with. Like, it doesn't matter if you buff the power damage of a skill by a whopping 50% when it did 150 damage to begin with........ :s

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > > > > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

> > > > >

> > > > > As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

> > > >

> > > > I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

> > >

> > > exactly. all weapon skills should do their stuff for you, not your pet.

> > >

> > > Simply adding 3 stacks of torment for 5sec, your next three attacks apply 1 stack of bleeding per attack, 5sec of cripple (from any angle) and 2-3sec immobilize when hit on the sides or back would be a great buff to the skill without making it incredibly OP.

> > >

> > > But nothing will ever get buffed because some youtube guy uses the weapon on AI that doesn't dodge anything aka best case scenario when it comes to DPS. Now try SB on a player that didn't buy the game last week and we'll see how the dps fares compared to Axe/Dagger.

> >

> > I would actually LOVE a LOT more weapon skills to interact with the pet, but it's just so unreliable in any PvP format that there is no point, plus the various issues with condi damage not working on swapped/melded pets and them having differing amounts of condition damage... It could be awesome, but it's actually rubbish.

>

> Yeah, and it will stay rubbish forever because of 1985 Ai anet uses in their game.

They have introduced new tech with the PoF expansion that would help the AI a lot, it appears that the pet does not check the pathing as often as it should to correct itself in order to hit moving targets, with PoF they introduced 0.5s intervals for things and the pets really need this for pathing fixes too.

> > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > > > > > You know I was thinking about it... Crippling shot applying torment and concussive applying confusion would be pretty dope.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As soon as they introduced Torment as a condition I was like "That's perfect for Crippling Shot!"... A longer cripple would be nice too. And remove the pet attack condition, they hardly hit anything anyway, just let us apply it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have to say, I like pets even though they have their issues, but I'm not a fan of our weapon skills causing THEM to do things. It makes it very clunky.

> > > >

> > > > exactly. all weapon skills should do their stuff for you, not your pet.

> > > >

> > > > Simply adding 3 stacks of torment for 5sec, your next three attacks apply 1 stack of bleeding per attack, 5sec of cripple (from any angle) and 2-3sec immobilize when hit on the sides or back would be a great buff to the skill without making it incredibly OP.

> > > >

> > > > But nothing will ever get buffed because some youtube guy uses the weapon on AI that doesn't dodge anything aka best case scenario when it comes to DPS. Now try SB on a player that didn't buy the game last week and we'll see how the dps fares compared to Axe/Dagger.

> > >

> > > I would actually LOVE a LOT more weapon skills to interact with the pet, but it's just so unreliable in any PvP format that there is no point, plus the various issues with condi damage not working on swapped/melded pets and them having differing amounts of condition damage... It could be awesome, but it's actually rubbish.

> >

> > Yeah, and it will stay rubbish forever because of 1985 Ai anet uses in their game.

>

> They have introduced new tech with the PoF expansion that would help the AI a lot, it appears that the pet does not check the pathing as often as it should to correct itself in order to hit moving targets, with PoF they introduced 0.5s intervals for things and the pets really need this for pathing fixes too.

In fact, many PoF pets such as the Gazelle have much more trouble hitting a moving target than vanilla pets. For those who haven't noticed, go into the mists and try the gazelle on a moving dummy. Its so bad.