More customization on weapons (hear me out)

We've so much extra skill points provided you did get them all. I would like to propose to the devs of utilizing them by adding more customization to your character, specifically to (or at least) enhance the weapon of your choice. In my opinion this might elevate the use of those lack luster weapons e.g. shield on warrior or hammers generally. What I am trying to say is if you ever decide to stick to a weapon, the remaining skill points could be used to acquire more customization to enhance your weapon of choice.

Say shields, say you decided to wield this weapon on warrior you may spec it to have a 15% chance to block an attack or when under 10% health you proc +1000 toughness or adding

damage and stun duration on shield bash. How about on guardian 15% chance when receiving damage to proc an area heal around you, or enemies that gets knocked back with your

shield bubble gets burned or select a passive buff that grants aegis to allies every 15 seconds.

I know some of it is in the existing spec tree but hey it only offers cooldown reduction and maybe increased damage, but they can remove them from the specializations and move them to another tree called weapon specialization. Ay it will need a ton of work, especially balancing oh hey it may break the game, but if carefully designed, we would have more build variety(you know, instead of just having more and more stat combinations from armors - which we all know 90% of the population just uses zerkers gear). It would also give light to ignored weapons.

what do you think? I highly doubt it will happen, but if it does more fun and memes for the game! Moar salt for pvp!