Fix the legend skill loadout

Buran.3796

I'm TIRED of having to manually check each utility legend skill key asignation in this vile pile can garbage and bugs called Revenant each time I join to a PvP match because the game ramdomly resets them to "default" despite having the same layout of legends, traits and weapons in EVERY game mode.

This have ben an UNFIXED PROBLEM for moths and months and KEEPS HAPPENING, despite the entire template revamp. Some of us have PAID MONEY to have extra loadouts which remain mostly useless with this class, because the game keeps resetting them and ignoring our choices. Is crap when happens in WvW, but at least can be fixed outside combat; but when happens in PvP and is noticed after the starts JUST RUINS THE ENTIRE MATCH for me.

Signed: a customer.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> "oh man I gotta press this skill which I need in this situation which I have committed to muscle memory!"

>

> *Bug which swaps RS and PT* : haha yes but actually no.

Instead of me having to re-learn WHY CAN'T THE PROGRAMMERS LEARN TO CODE? I did PAY money to get a feature WHICH ISN'T BEING GIVEN to me.

And is not only me: I could swear that THE OTHER FOUR PLAYERS jailed in a match with a player which can't play his character AREN'T AMUSED about playing 4 vs 5. They also PAID for the game and do expect the game to work NORMALLY.

A couple things I have noticed in case it affects others the same way:

* It will happen very frequently if I am swapping to or from the third build template. I thought it was fixed for a while because it rarely happens when swapping between the first and second template.

* It is much much more likely to occur if swapping while mounted. This is in WvW on the Warclaw, but I am not sure if it happens elsewhere.

Been happening a lot more since the big balance patch. Tends to be the icons that are bugged too so it sabotages me and makes it appear like things are all good. I try to make an effort to test out my utility skills every time I swap now.

It happens everywhere. Switching gear, switching build, switching legends ,taking items, mounting up or down, going underwater.....

imo it would be better to make them be Fixed to an spot in the skill-bar. We couldnt move things like Vengeful Hammers from 8 to 7 anymore, but it would be EPICLY BETTER than having everything switched within 1minute

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> It happens everywhere. Switching gear, switching build, switching legends ,taking items, mounting up or down, going underwater.....

>

> imo it would be better to make them be Fixed to an spot in the skill-bar. We couldnt move things like Vengeful Hammers from 8 to 7 anymore, but it would be EPICLY BETTER than having everything switched within 1minute

Will give you the same answer I wrote in the Reddit thread:

Not a good option. I have all classes and I try to use some patterns to my hotkeys. As example: I always asign movement skills to the "6", which means that if I'm using a Guardian with Judge's Intervention or a Warrior with Bull's Charge or a Revenant with Phase Traversal or Call to Anguish I put those close gap skills in the same spot, which helps to get "muscle memory" across a large amount of classes and builds. A pre-defined and unmovable order in the Revenant utility skills would mesh up the choices of a lot of players. I insist: is a coding problem in a feature which we paid for, MUST BE SOLVED.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > It happens everywhere. Switching gear, switching build, switching legends ,taking items, mounting up or down, going underwater.....

> >

> > imo it would be better to make them be Fixed to an spot in the skill-bar. We couldnt move things like Vengeful Hammers from 8 to 7 anymore, but it would be EPICLY BETTER than having everything switched within 1minute

>

> Will give you the same answer I wrote in the Reddit thread:

>

> Not a good option. I have all classes and I try to use some patterns to my hotkeys. As example: I always asign movement skills to the "6", which means that if I'm using a Guardian with Judge's Intervention or a Warrior with Bull's Charge or a Revenant with Phase Traversal or Call to Anguish I put those close gap skills in the same spot, which helps to get "muscle memory" across a large amount of classes and builds. A pre-defined and unmovable order in the Revenant utility skills would mesh up the choices of a lot of players. I insist: is a coding problem in a feature which we paid for, MUST BE SOLVED.

same with my ,but its something that cannot be fixed. Maybe only workarounds.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> same with my ,but its something that cannot be fixed. Maybe only workarounds.

That's like saying that an Excel box with a wrong algorithm can't be fixed. I understand that the game engine was developed towards DirectX 9 so lacks propper multi core optimization and therefore the performance isn't optimized for current CPUs, the only way to improve that would be a new game engine. But fixing just code lines? Just how the game resets the skills instead of keeping the player preferences on a higher hierarchy? Thats BASIC coding stuff. Is not some sort of esoteric thermodynamic miracle we are asking for! Is programming 101! And since they put a paywall to get access to these quality of living things they should either FIX IT OR REFUND the money I and others spent in a FEATURE THAT DOESN'T WORK.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> I'm TIRED of having to manually check each utility legend skill key asignation in this vile pile can garbage and bugs called Revenant each time I join to a PvP match because the game ramdomly resets them to "default" despite having the same layout of legends, traits and weapons in EVERY game mode.

>

> This have ben an UNFIXED PROBLEM for moths and months and KEEPS HAPPENING, despite the entire template revamp. Some of us have PAID MONEY to have extra loadouts which remain mostly useless with this class, because the game keeps resetting them and ignoring our choices. Is kitten when happens in WvW, but at least can be fixed outside combat; but when happens in PvP and is noticed after the starts JUST RUINS THE ENTIRE MATCH for me.

>

> Signed: a customer.

I’ve found it because of the templates. I had to delete all of my rev templates and just not use them. So far so good.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > "oh man I gotta press this skill which I need in this situation which I have committed to muscle memory!"

> >

> > *Bug which swaps RS and PT* : haha yes but actually no.

>

> Better yet is when it swaps the skill effect but doesn't switch the image so you think the buttons are in the right order... :(

I've ended with the utilities all with the same image :| was quite funny.

Been trying to still observe patterns as to how this triggers. Some more notes:

* Trying to swap templates with legend swap still on CD seems to trigger the bug a lot (the swap wont go through, but once the CD is up it'll more likely be messed up). Seems to be the case with weapon swap too.

* if I try to spam immediately after exiting combat (spamming the button waiting for OOC), it seems more likely to mess up.

* More likely to happen if I am swapping between multiple templates too fast.

I change builds a *lot*, and in the past week I have only had the bug occur on me once. Trying to take these precautions and the ones listed in my previous post seems to help this a lot. Most notable one for me still is trying to swap builds while mounted. I will dismount before changing build templates no matter what now.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > It happens everywhere. Switching gear, switching build, switching legends ,taking items, mounting up or down, going underwater.....

> >

> > imo it would be better to make them be Fixed to an spot in the skill-bar. We couldnt move things like Vengeful Hammers from 8 to 7 anymore, but it would be EPICLY BETTER than having everything switched within 1minute

>

> Will give you the same answer I wrote in the Reddit thread:

>

> Not a good option. I have all classes and I try to use some patterns to my hotkeys. As example: I always asign movement skills to the "6", which means that if I'm using a Guardian with Judge's Intervention or a Warrior with Bull's Charge or a Revenant with Phase Traversal or Call to Anguish I put those close gap skills in the same spot, which helps to get "muscle memory" across a large amount of classes and builds. A pre-defined and unmovable order in the Revenant utility skills would mesh up the choices of a lot of players. I insist: is a coding problem in a feature which we paid for, MUST BE SOLVED.

technically you could switch your hotkeys and rearrange the keys and it would be the same, just img off skills would be in different order

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> technically you could switch your hotkeys and rearrange the keys and it would be the same, just img off skills would be in different order

How? By default Glint has the breakstun in the #7, Shiro and Mallyx in the #9, Jalis in the #10, etc. The same with the other skills. Why no, INSTEAD, you known, could ANet fix the bug? Like if they were competent conding their own game, or something...

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

>

> > technically you could switch your hotkeys and rearrange the keys and it would be the same, just img off skills would be in different order

>

> How? By default Glint has the breakstun in the #7, Shiro and Mallyx in the #9, Jalis in the #10, etc. The same with the other skills. Why no, INSTEAD, you known, could ANet fix the bug? Like if they were competent conding their own game, or something...

by changing hotkeys from 7 to 10 for example, or from 9 to 7, and on other classes just move the slots example.

Rev

mobility skill -7

X skill -8

Y skill 9

change skill 9 to 7, 8 to 9 and 7 to 8 and rearrange stuff, but yes they should fix the bugs 100%