Terrible lags. Only in PVP

Some of you might look at me as at idiot, who instead of l2p decides to blame the game for fails. But what is happening is just awful.

I can't play GW2 PvP. It's unplayable. I'm getting lags which makes me stuck in one moment for 10, 15, sometimes more seconds. I can see my character channeling one skill, and other players running into walls etc., it's just a lag. And I understand, lag can happen.

But it's only in GW2 PvP. I was doing raid, without any problem, then running around PvP lobby, spamming skills just for fun, no problem. But as I load to the PvP match, every skill i try to use is delayed. Sometimes it takes 2, 3 seconds after pressing skill to use it (and as I'm playing as engi with 3 kits, it mean i'm delayed for twice long, because I have to wait for swap then to use skill). And during fight I can just get a lag when I can't do anything for longer period of time.

2 weeks ago I was able to play with music from YT in background. I can still play other games this way without any lags and disconnects. If I'm on discord during playing GW2 PvP, voice communication is smooth, without any lags. Well, as I wrote above, I don't have any lag or skill delay even during raids.

Do you know what might be a possible issue and how to fix it? Anyone experience same issues?

• 2 weeks later...

They should really do something about this lag issue, for me its game wide not just exclusive to PVP, and I can confirm its GW2 side, at least for me, other games and services I am running are performing smoothly without a fuss.

Honestly the move to amazon servers negatively affected the quality of the game by a huge margin.. the effects since the change has been glaringly obvious

Also not all of us can afford/are willing to subscribe to a VPN, people buy the game expecting to be able to play it without any hiccups, they should really fix their kitten.

Been noticing the same random terrible lag spikes - only during PVP matches. The rest of the game is fine. For the record, I live in SE Asia, play on EU and my normal ping is 180~220. I've been using a paid VPN service for years to avoid lag spikes, but for some reason, now even VPN doesn't help.