The perma blind must end

Plain and simple, the perma blind pulse areas must be nerfed, it is stupid that an area large enough to cover the entire node still exists in this game mode where staying at the node is a very important factor.

This also brings about another very mentioned problem that has been stealth, as if it were not enough to have to deal with predicting where the enemy is located so that you also fail the blow.

Before someone tells me "uhhh use ranged weapons", I remind you that not all classes have weapons at effective range weapons, as well as staying out of the node is not very practical

> @"Nekromalistik.7045" said:

> > @"Drennon.7190" said:

> > Yes, nerf thief more. They can’t effectively duel anymore. The can’t effectively +1 anymore. What’s left? Oh right blinds and stealth.

>

> Those two skills have no counterplay... if you think that without them the thief will be useless I think you should learn to use the class

If you’re losing to thieves right now, I think you’re the one who needs to git gud.

> Plain and simple, the perma blind pulse areas must be nerfed, it is stupid that an area large enough to cover the entire node still exists in this game mode where staying at the node is a very important factor.

> This also brings about another very mentioned problem that has been stealth, as if it were not enough to have to deal with predicting where the enemy is located so that you also fail the blow.

> Before someone tells me "uhhh use ranged weapons", I remind you that not all classes have weapons at effective range weapons, as well as staying out of the node is not very practical

I guess u r refering to 1v1ing thief on point , at first im gonna say smokescreen was a problem when it has 25s cd(20cd traited) but right now it has like 45s cd . The only class that has no range to attack out ot the circle r warriors and u can run with resistsnce (with meditation ) to counterplay blind . And aoe that cover all of a point r not a issue when it has big cd , the issue comes when the aoe is permanent like symbolbrand (but it has already been nerfed so) . Like drennor is saying thief r not good for 1v1 , the only class that has some issue to 1v1 r warrs but anyway same skilled warr should has no problem at all . So if ure having problems with thief r ur issue so get gud man

> @"wevh.2903" said:

> > @"Nekromalistik.7045" said:

> > Plain and simple, the perma blind pulse areas must be nerfed, it is stupid that an area large enough to cover the entire node still exists in this game mode where staying at the node is a very important factor.

> > This also brings about another very mentioned problem that has been stealth, as if it were not enough to have to deal with predicting where the enemy is located so that you also fail the blow.

> > Before someone tells me "uhhh use ranged weapons", I remind you that not all classes have weapons at effective range weapons, as well as staying out of the node is not very practical

>

> I guess u r refering to 1v1ing thief on point , at first im gonna say smokescreen was a problem when it has 25s cd(20cd traited) but right now it has like 45s cd . The only class that has no range to attack out ot the circle r warriors and u can run with resistsnce (with meditation ) to counterplay blind . And aoe that cover all of a point r not a issue when it has big cd , the issue comes when the aoe is permanent like symbolbrand (but it has already been nerfed so) . Like drennor is saying thief r not good for 1v1 , the only class that has some issue to 1v1 r warrs but anyway same skilled warr should has no problem at all . So if ure having problems with thief r ur issue so get gud man

And not to mention that thief r not the only class with perma blind aoe , engineer morter kid has a blind aoe too (with less cd than smokescreen) and necro has blind well(but is not that used )

Flash Shell on Protection Holo is literally the reason why it gets to bunk so much, it's not just a Thief problem, the concept of AoE blind is just a problem period. They all have low cooldowns so it's obvious that we need to nerf something. Cooldowns or pulses per second.

> @"Shao.7236" said:

> Flash Shell on Protection Holo is literally the reason why it gets to bunk so much, it's not just a Thief problem, the concept of AoE blind is just a problem period. They all have low cooldowns so it's obvious that we need to nerf something. Cooldowns or pulses per second.

U cant compare a skill that has 20s cd on a toolkit having another 4skills with a utility skill that has 45s cd . Picking smokescreen with thief means u gonna play only with shadow pass stunbreak so is already a big trade off .

This topic gave me idea for a engi trollbuild (idk if it can be viable). Teoreticaly, it can achieve more than 100% (realistically 75 if you don't start with being stunned or flame turret gets destroyed before placing smokefield + you need to time picking it up well) uptime of aoe blind of 240 radious + bonus not pulsing blind

It has to use:

Bomb kit https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smoke_Bomb_(engineer_skill)

Flame turret https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smoke_Screen_(engineer_skill)

Mortar kit https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flash_Shell

And you can take, for example, for additional blind.

Main traits https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smoke_Bomb_(trait_skill)

And https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flashbang

Ofc you take mh pistol for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Static_Shot

And they tell that thiefs smokescreen is stupid :D

> Plain and simple, the perma blind pulse areas must be nerfed, it is stupid that an area large enough to cover the entire node still exists in this game mode where staying at the node is a very important factor.

> This also brings about another very mentioned problem that has been stealth, as if it were not enough to have to deal with predicting where the enemy is located so that you also fail the blow.

> Before someone tells me "uhhh use ranged weapons", I remind you that not all classes have weapons at effective range weapons, as well as staying out of the node is not very practical

**+1**

just being able to 'Perma' is disgusting to any healthy competitive gaming experience

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"Nekromalistik.7045" said:

> > Plain and simple, the perma blind pulse areas must be nerfed, it is stupid that an area large enough to cover the entire node still exists in this game mode where staying at the node is a very important factor.

> > This also brings about another very mentioned problem that has been stealth, as if it were not enough to have to deal with predicting where the enemy is located so that you also fail the blow.

> > Before someone tells me "uhhh use ranged weapons", I remind you that not all classes have weapons at effective range weapons, as well as staying out of the node is not very practical

> **+1**

>

> just being able to 'Perma' is disgusting to any healthy competitive gaming experience

Literally just auto attack. If a thief is spamming pistol 5, they win soon have 0 initiative to damage.

> @"Drennon.7190" said:

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > @"Nekromalistik.7045" said:

> > > Plain and simple, the perma blind pulse areas must be nerfed, it is stupid that an area large enough to cover the entire node still exists in this game mode where staying at the node is a very important factor.

> > > This also brings about another very mentioned problem that has been stealth, as if it were not enough to have to deal with predicting where the enemy is located so that you also fail the blow.

> > > Before someone tells me "uhhh use ranged weapons", I remind you that not all classes have weapons at effective range weapons, as well as staying out of the node is not very practical

> > **+1**

> >

> > just being able to 'Perma' is disgusting to any healthy competitive gaming experience

>

> Literally just auto attack. If a thief is spamming pistol 5, they win soon have 0 initiative to damage.

i understand. It is just that Permanent skills/mechanics should not exist at all-not only putting the blame on Thief Profession entirely

> @"wevh.2903" said:

> > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > Flash Shell on Protection Holo is literally the reason why it gets to bunk so much, it's not just a Thief problem, the concept of AoE blind is just a problem period. They all have low cooldowns so it's obvious that we need to nerf something. Cooldowns or pulses per second.

>

> U cant compare a skill that has 20s cd on a toolkit having another 4skills with a utility skill that has 45s cd . Picking smokescreen with thief means u gonna play only with shadow pass stunbreak so is already a big trade off .

Considering Thieves spend half that time in Stealth, that's generous.

> @"Shao.7236" said:

> > @"wevh.2903" said:

> > > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > Flash Shell on Protection Holo is literally the reason why it gets to bunk so much, it's not just a Thief problem, the concept of AoE blind is just a problem period. They all have low cooldowns so it's obvious that we need to nerf something. Cooldowns or pulses per second.

> >

> > U cant compare a skill that has 20s cd on a toolkit having another 4skills with a utility skill that has 45s cd . Picking smokescreen with thief means u gonna play only with shadow pass stunbreak so is already a big trade off .

>

> Considering Thieves spend half that time in Stealth, that's generous.

Whaaat? Another gold complaining about stealth i see

> @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> The huge stealth + blind uptime + all venom + thief’s guild build is definitely kind of rough to fight against atm. Not meta just kind of toxic rn especially that leeching on blind SA trait which is also very good rn, just not meta

Cloaked in Shadow? Its not good at all. Its kinda really bad especially compared to the previous version. You need to blind multiple people at once for it to even be worth it, and even then its bad.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> > The huge stealth + blind uptime + all venom + thief’s guild build is definitely kind of rough to fight against atm. Not meta just kind of toxic rn especially that leeching on blind SA trait which is also very good rn, just not meta

>

> Cloaked in Shadow? Its not good at all. Its kinda really bad especially compared to the previous version. You need to blind multiple people at once for it to even be worth it, and even then its bad.

On the build I’m talking about which is p/p it is good. The build is alittle more 1v1 focused? Actually. U can just black powder which traited blinds and then bound which stealths which traited blinds use stealth attack repeat, can be power based but the condition one with venom thief’s guild is definitely more annoying. Hope that explains again it’s not meta but it works especially with the way leeching works as u pretty much get a chance of leeching as much as possible while keeping up insane amounts of blinds conditions and a little power damage. Not gonna argue about it either it’s just one of those super annoying builds players like vallun are taking advantage of atm

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> > > The huge stealth + blind uptime + all venom + thief’s guild build is definitely kind of rough to fight against atm. Not meta just kind of toxic rn especially that leeching on blind SA trait which is also very good rn, just not meta

> >

> > Cloaked in Shadow? Its not good at all. Its kinda really bad especially compared to the previous version. You need to blind multiple people at once for it to even be worth it, and even then its bad.

>

> On the build I’m talking about which is p/p it is good. The build is alittle more 1v1 focused? Actually. U can just black powder which traited blinds and then bound which stealths which traited blinds use stealth attack repeat, can be power based but the condition one with venom thief’s guild is definitely more annoying. Hope that explains again it’s not meta but it works especially with the way leeching works as u pretty much get a chance of leeching as much as possible while keeping up insane amounts of blinds conditions and a little power damage. Not gonna argue about it either it’s just one of those super annoying builds players like vallun are taking advantage of atm

Im ... even more confused, because P/P really doesnt want to go into shadow arts at all (since its stealth attack is bad for the power build). And the condi build would rather just go for P/D. And even then cloaked in shadow seems bad since you get like 2 or 3 procs at most within 5 seconds.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> > > > The huge stealth + blind uptime + all venom + thief’s guild build is definitely kind of rough to fight against atm. Not meta just kind of toxic rn especially that leeching on blind SA trait which is also very good rn, just not meta

> > >

> > > Cloaked in Shadow? Its not good at all. Its kinda really bad especially compared to the previous version. You need to blind multiple people at once for it to even be worth it, and even then its bad.

> >

> > On the build I’m talking about which is p/p it is good. The build is alittle more 1v1 focused? Actually. U can just black powder which traited blinds and then bound which stealths which traited blinds use stealth attack repeat, can be power based but the condition one with venom thief’s guild is definitely more annoying. Hope that explains again it’s not meta but it works especially with the way leeching works as u pretty much get a chance of leeching as much as possible while keeping up insane amounts of blinds conditions and a little power damage. Not gonna argue about it either it’s just one of those super annoying builds players like vallun are taking advantage of atm

>

> Im ... even more confused, because P/P really doesnt want to go into shadow arts at all (since its stealth attack is bad for the power build). And the condi build would rather just go for P/D. And even then cloaked in shadow seems bad since you get like 2 or 3 procs at most within 5 seconds.

www.twitch.tv/vallun

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> > > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > > @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> > > > > The huge stealth + blind uptime + all venom + thief’s guild build is definitely kind of rough to fight against atm. Not meta just kind of toxic rn especially that leeching on blind SA trait which is also very good rn, just not meta

> > > >

> > > > Cloaked in Shadow? Its not good at all. Its kinda really bad especially compared to the previous version. You need to blind multiple people at once for it to even be worth it, and even then its bad.

> > >

> > > On the build I’m talking about which is p/p it is good. The build is alittle more 1v1 focused? Actually. U can just black powder which traited blinds and then bound which stealths which traited blinds use stealth attack repeat, can be power based but the condition one with venom thief’s guild is definitely more annoying. Hope that explains again it’s not meta but it works especially with the way leeching works as u pretty much get a chance of leeching as much as possible while keeping up insane amounts of blinds conditions and a little power damage. Not gonna argue about it either it’s just one of those super annoying builds players like vallun are taking advantage of atm

> >

> > Im ... even more confused, because P/P really doesnt want to go into shadow arts at all (since its stealth attack is bad for the power build). And the condi build would rather just go for P/D. And even then cloaked in shadow seems bad since you get like 2 or 3 procs at most within 5 seconds.

>

> www.twitch.tv/vallun

Oh, Sneak attack is a 100% chance not a 20% chance? How odd. I still dont think its worth picking over just going Critical Strikes or DA though.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> > > > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > > > @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> > > > > > The huge stealth + blind uptime + all venom + thief’s guild build is definitely kind of rough to fight against atm. Not meta just kind of toxic rn especially that leeching on blind SA trait which is also very good rn, just not meta

> > > > >

> > > > > Cloaked in Shadow? Its not good at all. Its kinda really bad especially compared to the previous version. You need to blind multiple people at once for it to even be worth it, and even then its bad.

> > > >

> > > > On the build I’m talking about which is p/p it is good. The build is alittle more 1v1 focused? Actually. U can just black powder which traited blinds and then bound which stealths which traited blinds use stealth attack repeat, can be power based but the condition one with venom thief’s guild is definitely more annoying. Hope that explains again it’s not meta but it works especially with the way leeching works as u pretty much get a chance of leeching as much as possible while keeping up insane amounts of blinds conditions and a little power damage. Not gonna argue about it either it’s just one of those super annoying builds players like vallun are taking advantage of atm

> > >

> > > Im ... even more confused, because P/P really doesnt want to go into shadow arts at all (since its stealth attack is bad for the power build). And the condi build would rather just go for P/D. And even then cloaked in shadow seems bad since you get like 2 or 3 procs at most within 5 seconds.

> >

> > www.twitch.tv/vallun

>

> Oh, Sneak attack is a 100% chance not a 20% chance? How odd. I still dont think its worth picking over just going Critical Strikes or DA though.

Yeah, the stealth attacks are 100% combo finishers. Can be a bit niche but works well in certain circumstances.