April fools idea

I don't think it's possible to make maps outside of towns instanced. In GW1 they are completely different types of maps, like PvP and WvW maps are different to PvE maps in GW2 and use different rules, some of which can't be changed. That's why, for example, the Wintersday jumping puzzle has the list of everyone who is playing down the side and resets periodically; it was built as a PvP map but with everyone's skills disabled so you can't fight, and there's no way to stop it showing all the other players or having a match timer, because those things are built into how PvP maps work. So to create instanced versions of all the maps they'd have to actually rebuild all of them from scratch. Not to mention it would be a nightmare for balance because so many things are designed for groups larger than a party,

If they were going to go to that sort of effort for an April Fools joke I'd rather they made SAB world 3 and 4...which would probably be easier.

I also don't think they could reasonably disable jumping. It might be possible to disable it but since the maps were designed for jumping to be possible some places would be completely inaccessible without it. It only takes a relatively small height difference at the wrong angle to make running between surfaces impossible. Right now that's not a problem because you can just jump over those points where running 'sticks' at the top of stairs or on a slope, but if jumping was impossible they'd get really annoying. And HoT and PoF maps (including the living story ones) would be literally unplayable without gliding and mounts because they were built to require those masteries to progress.

Interesting idea in theory, and I like the idea of something which makes the game look or feel like GW1 on the surface, but not putting tons of work into making it unplayable for a day. Especially because the end result would likely be people just don't play until it's back to normal, as happened with people who didn't like previous April Fools jokes for whatever reason. They just don't log in and then all that effort is wasted.