Is LOD Distance GPU or CPU based?

I have a really good pc and its a shame I cannot run this game on a constant 60 fps.

I notice some settings like super-sample has no effect on my fps, but others, like Model Limit and Shadows do crush my fps.

How is everyone's experience with LOD Distance? Does it affect your fps?

Unless you're running on a potato, the character model limit and shadows are indeed pretty much the only settings that have any impact on fps, model limit far more so than shadows. This means you're already beyond any hardware requirement, the engine simply starts to chug when showing too many players and their effects.

It stands to reason that since LoD only culls visuals (but the skills are still being used), that it should be gpu-intensive only.

So if you are bottlenecking your graphics card (totally doable, I've ran gw2 on integrated graphics) turning this on should help.

> @"aaron.7850" said:

> I have a really good pc and its a shame I cannot run this game on a constant 60 fps.

>

> I notice some settings like super-sample has no effect on my fps, but others, like Model Limit and Shadows do crush my fps.

>

> How is everyone's experience with LOD Distance? Does it affect your fps?

Are you using ryzen? I can't even remember the amount of amd users who complain about performance on mmos