World bosses and unique drop

Marzaus.3462

wolrd bosses and tokens post appeared here 3 years ago and its still the same problem.. wolrd bosses are at terrible stage and it would be so easy to fix it... make a unique drop again, that is collectable and vendorable...

bosses are uninteresting since dragonite ore drop elsewhere became a thing and you never replaced it with anything... pure RNG rare skins from teq for example is toxic mechanic that will make most of players not even try... if it was buyable though.. or craftable or mystic forge

just make the same change as with fractal weapons, make them interesting to do again!

> @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > Also most world bosses do have unique drops (mostly trinkets).

>

> This. A lot of world bosses have rare drops that sell for a lot. Also Teq & Wurm have nice drops as well.

Teq and TT aside, if you are referring to infusions like queen bee or egg sac, that is 1/10k chance ie. 0.0001% drop once per day.

You would have to be a fool to intentionally farm these bosses with the intent of aquiring the infusion, to play them for any other reason than fun.

The system is stupid because it needs to be that low chance to make the drop valuable like one in 10k players get it, but at the same time that's not a feasable incentive for players to farm.

Maybe a token system like raids could work, where you get 1 token per kill (day), and at maybe 100 tokens which is very a significant effort you can buy something cool like a skin.

> @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> I'm not talking infusions since most of the bosses that drop them have other really good reasons to be farmed.

>

> The metas have different reasons to be farmed other than the infusions including Chak wardrobe, class items, etc.

>

> Meanwhile SW has other reasons to be farmed...

like? what are the good reasons to farm them?

what annoys me is super rare rng on item that only drops from the boss, is untradable etc etc... this was the same issue with fractal weapons, rare drop of 19 weapon skins that are rare to drop and when they drop you still have 1:19 chance for the skin you want... that's a toxic mechanic to me that i hated in other mmo's and hey, they changed it in the end.. why implement it again